"Morbius" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Yeah, but would you really cast Michael Keaton in such a bit part :confused:?
Also, it would confuse the canon issue. They saved it for the trailer to let people know it was Tooms and that the Sony stuff is going to tie into the MCU from now on. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it a surprise.

Reactions: Frontier

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Yeah, but would you really cast Michael Keaton in such a bit part :confused:?
Sony makes the best decisions?

Also, it would confuse the canon issue. They saved it for the trailer to let people know it was Tooms and that the Sony stuff is going to tie into the MCU from now on. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it a surprise.
They've been confusing the canon issue since Venom.

Count me skeptical for now.

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Sony makes the best decisions?

They've been confusing the canon issue since Venom.

Count me skeptical for now.
Venom was ambiguous enough to fit into almost anything, but now they're really putting it out there.
I do hope this movie doesn't dwell on the aftermath of Far From Home.

Last edited:

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
The movie's synopsis page appears to have added two names in the screenplay credit:
E604B7D8-6B1B-41D7-BDD1-D1EC4203E188.jpeg

For the uninitiated, Art Marcum & Matt Holloway are a screenwriting duo. Their other noteworthy work? The first Iron Man movie.

We haven’t known of Marcum and Holloway's involvement in Morbius before today, right? Seems strange that Sony brings them up now...

Might it be for last-minute rewrites so Sony's vampire movie turns a profit? I mean, even with the MCU connection, can the movie stand on its own, even with a character as niche as Morbius?

01/18/20:

Late update to the above, while Marcum and Holloway ARE credited as Iron Man's screenwriters, one thing Sony seems to have not considered was that Iron Man was dealing with a half-done script since the cast sort of ad-libbed a big chunk of, if not most of, the movie.

Taking that into account, does that raise red flags for anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyalRubble