"Morbius" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Would they waste more Spidey villains on it?

In my dream world, they'd work with Marvel to do some kind of Morbius/Blade Nightstalkers movie.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk
Feige once claimed SONY has the ability to use MCU characters, as MARVEL Studios has as well with SONY. Sooo, it is up to them to really work out something. As of now it really seems the Netflix characters are the most accessible with this Venom-verse.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frontier

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
If I remember right, they did tease Morbius in the Daily Bugle viral advertising and/or the secret lab room that shadowy guy walked through. I wonder if they're salvaging ideas from ASM or this is a new pitch. And why the 2 guys from the Power Rangers' movie...

Vampires are still a thing at the movies?

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
If I remember right, they did tease Morbius in the Daily Bugle viral advertising and/or the secret lab room that shadowy guy walked through. I wonder if they're salvaging ideas from ASM or this is a new pitch. And why the 2 guys from the Power Rangers' movie...
I'm still surprised they haven't revived the Sinister Six concept yet, unless Feige and Pascal settled down on leaving that for the Marvel Studios movies :shrug:.

Vampires are still a thing at the movies?
Always time for a comeback :p.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
I'm still surprised they haven't revived the Sinister Six concept yet, unless Feige and Pascal settled down on leaving that for the Marvel Studios movies ..

Well the teaser for Spider-Man Homecoming seems to indicate that will be a thing that will happen in upcoming movies. Hopefully for more the third and by that point the series will know how to balance it's villains better then we've seen in previous Sony Spider-Man movies. I kind of hope Sony realized trying to do a movie just with the Sinister Six is stupid and scrapped that idea and these other projects with these anti heroes are smaller scale projects allowed much more to be they're own things as honestly if done right these projects could work. Even though yeah seems like they're dipping in the obscure end for some of these titles. Even in the time of Twilight doing a movie just featuring Morbius the living vampire feels like a super obscure idea honestly.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
By all account, Antoine Fuqua is a great director, but I'm also not a Morbius fan, so it's hard to say if this was a missed opportunity or not.

Reactions: 1 person

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
That Hashtag Show reports the following plot details for the Morbius movie.
Horror action story of a scientist who, in trying to find a cure for a rare blood disease, accidentally transformed himself into a living vampire who, though disgusted by his own bloodlust, chooses to prey upon criminals he deems unworthy of life.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Well, if nothing else, that sounds pretty true to Morbius from the comics :).
Well, SONY is really holding on for dear life. Between, this and their other announcements for spinoffs; I can't imagine things will bode too well. I just read they casted for Valiant's Bloodshot film. I might see that before I do this.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Leto and Epinosa, interesting gets. Espinosa is coming off working with Rheese, Wernick, and Reynolds on that movie Life they did through Columbia I think and of course they worked on Deadpool for Fox -- six degrees of separation. lol.

(note: I spun it into its own thread because the movie now has a star and a director, whereas the Silk one was just a title being reported)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
I imagine we're going to see a shirtless Morbius with a huge amount of tattoos across his bodies (like "blah blah blah" on his chest, a vampire symbol on his abs and "Dracula" tattooed on his forehead) with grilled fangs and black pimp cane.

Seriously though, Leto must have like one of Hollywood's best agent if he is STILL being offered super hero related roles. Of like all the actors in Suicide Squad he was by far one of the most criticized (outside of Enchantress) with even a lot of people who liked/enjoyed the film feeling his portrayal wasn't memorable at all and he added NOTHING to the movie. And yet not only is he still the Joker in the MCU and is in talks for at least THREE movies (including his own solo one) but now is getting offered another main role from a totally different studio. Granted you have to take a lot of these Sony Spider Man sequel movies with a grain of salt (I debate how much grains compared to say a DCEU movie as a lot of them are on pretty flimsy "yeah they've been saying they'll happen for years but seem to never do" territory at this point) but that still seems like a real desperate, short sighted pick on Sony's part. Especially because again Morbius is a really obscure character to pick from the Spider Man villains. Yeah I know he was a thing because he had a big arc in the 90's animated show but... what other prominence or interest has the character generated since then that warrants "oh yeah let's give him a movie." Sans... I guess vampires can still be a popular thing.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Dreyfus

Oct 18, 2009
CA
Morbius is actually a really interesting character and Sony doesn't really have a lot of options for interesting villain movies that don't necessarily need Spider-Man in them.

Reactions: Fone Bone