"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
When it was first announced it wasn't clear where it would air - Disney Channel, XD or even Disney Junior. In 2019 it was reported it would premiere on Disney Channel this year but I think there were some more, recent reports (or just rumors) it would move to Disney+. I might be mistaken but either way those rumors seem to have been wrong, too. So I suppose a 2021 premiere on Disney Channel is the most likely scenario.

bigdaddy313

I am tired of all this updates, show me a trailer or official Stills already LOL

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Samantha Suyi Lee is a director for the show. She previously worked as a storyboard artist for Vampirina and Cleopatra In Space, and is also working on Centaurworld.​

Screenshot_20201227-061648.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur will come out in 2022. Diamond White (Sofia The First, Phineas And Ferb, The Lion Guard) will voice Moon Girl. Fred Tatasciore voices Devil Dinosaur. Laurence Fishburne is The Beyonder.

"
The cast reveal also includes Alfre Woodard (Marvel's Luke Cage) as Lunella's grandmother Mimi, Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) as Lunella's mom Adria, Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) as Lunella's Dad James Jr. and Gary Anthony Williams (Disney's Doc McStuffins) as Lunella's grandfather Pops."

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Nice to finally have an official update on this (even if it's announcing the show won't premiere until next year). The cast list announced so far looks pretty solid, I am not really familiar with some of the names but I am still planning on checking this out.

Frontier

Staff member
Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur will come out in 2022. Diamond White (Sofia The First, Phineas And Ferb, The Lion Guard) will voice Moon Girl. Fred Tatasciore voices Devil Dinosaur. Laurence Fishburne is The Beyonder.

"
The cast reveal also includes Alfre Woodard (Marvel's Luke Cage) as Lunella's grandmother Mimi, Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) as Lunella's mom Adria, Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) as Lunella's Dad James Jr. and Gary Anthony Williams (Disney's Doc McStuffins) as Lunella's grandfather Pops."

Sounds like Lunella still has her powers, so I'm wondering if she's still an Inhuman :confused:?

I think Lunella's grandparents only appeared in one story arc, but it sounds like they might appear more on this show :).

It's nice to see Fred Tatasciore in a new Marvel cartoon. Will he ever get to reprise The Hulk again :sweat:?

The Beyonder is probably the biggest "name" Marvel character announced for this, so I'm wondering what his role will be? Can't wait to hear Fishburne play him :D.

Mr.O

Sounds like Lunella still has her powers, so I'm wondering if she's still an Inhuman :confused:?

I think Lunella's grandparents only appeared in one story arc, but it sounds like they might appear more on this show :).

It's nice to see Fred Tatasciore in a new Marvel cartoon. Will he ever get to reprise The Hulk again :sweat:?

The Beyonder is probably the biggest "name" Marvel character announced for this, so I'm wondering what his role will be? Can't wait to hear Fishburne play him :D.
Is she not an inhuman in the comics?

thisguyisnotcool

She is one, although it's not really that major an aspect of her character other than justifying why she has powers.
Part of wonders if this is gonna be another BH6 situation where she's a marvel character completely separated from the rest of that universe.
Edit: But then again this still has the Marvel logo and Marvel promotes

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Wowee Alfre Woodard?
She's back in the Marvel family :).
Part of wonders if this is gonna be another BH6 situation where she's a marvel character completely separated from the rest of that universe.
Edit: But then again this still has the Marvel logo and Marvel promotes
Beyonder is also in it, but I'm not sure what other Marvel characters might show up.

I mean, Fred Tatasciore would make it easy for Hulk to show up but they might not be interested in doing that.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Are the other characters mentioned in the press release already from the comics, or are they made for the series?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts