"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
July 11:

From his Instagram.

Okay then. That's pretty good.

July 22:

Yann De Preval worked on some visual development and character designs. He previously worked on other shows animated by Titmouse, including Turbo Fast, Hanazuki Full Of Treasures, and Mao Mao Heroes Of Pure Heart.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
July 26:

She's a musician and an animator? Regardless, this should be interesting.

August 19:

Season 1 is 20 episodes.

Screenshot_20200819-183618.png

Frontier

Staff member
July 26:

She's a musician and an animator? Regardless, this should be interesting.

August 19:

Season 1 is 20 episodes.

View attachment 283193
20 half-hour episodes seems reasonable :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
If there were any, don't you think they would've announced it? I remembered when people were asking if Marvel characters would show up in Big Hero 6 The Series, and then Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle had to clear things up and say they wouldn't show up.

the greenman

I'm also curious if there will be any Marvel guest stars on the show.
I assume they will. Probably not necessarily who we would want. . .
If there were any, don't you think they would've announced it? I remembered when people were asking if Marvel characters would show up in Big Hero 6 The Series, and then Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle had to clear things up and say they wouldn't show up.
I am no huge fan of the comics, especially this iteration which I didn't even know existed before this thread. I do assume from what I read maybe once of Devil Dinosaur, Ka-Zar was around. Think Hulk showed up if you want name brand characters.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I assume they will. Probably not necessarily who we would want. . .I am no huge fan of the comics, especially this iteration which I didn't even know existed before this thread. I do assume from what I read maybe once of Devil Dinosaur, Ka-Zar was around. Think Hulk showed up if you want name brand characters.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Moon Girl is a more relevant Marvel character than Big Hero 6 was but I've been getting vibes that they might treat the animated incarnation of Lunella as a distinct property like they do with Big Hero 6 now.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Perhaps the way to tell would be what YouTube channel any upcoming future clips would show up in. Clips for Big Hero 6 The Series have never shown up on Marvel HQ or Marvel Entertainment, only with Disney Channel and Disney XD, with most clips on the former. If any Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur clips show up on the Disney Channel YouTube page and not any Marvel YouTube channels, that's a good sign of treating this as its own separate entity.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If the Marvel logo on the initial artwork for the show is any indication (Big Hero 6: The Series doesn't have it), I think the series should be promoted on Marvel HQ and could potentially feature some other characters from the comics as it plays out. But we'll see, it's been pretty quiet in regards to announcements for the show so most of this is only speculation for now.

On a semi-related note, with the format change on BH6 for its 3rd season, I was wondering if Moon Girl might also feature 11 minutes long episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
If the Marvel logo on the initial artwork for the show is any indication (Big Hero 6: The Series doesn't have it), I think the series should be promoted on Marvel HQ and could potentially feature some other characters from the comics as it plays out. But we'll see, it's been pretty quiet in regards to announcements for the show so most of this is only speculation for now.

On a semi-related note, with the format change on BH6 for its 3rd season, I was wondering if Moon Girl might also feature 11 minutes long episodes.
I guess 20 episodes of 11-minute segments isn't outside the realm of possibility...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That seems to be the case with some of the other Disney and Cartoon Network shows that have 11 minutes long episodes, 20 half hours, meaning 40 such episodes per season. But again, it's just a guess on my part at the moment if Moon Girl will also have this format.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
There is still Elena of Avalor, DuckTales and The Owl House, all 22 minute series. I don't think the change in Big Hero 6: The Series' format says much about Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Elena Of Avalor is having its series finale on Sunday, but you're right about the other two shows. Plus, given how, so far, it's being marketed as a straightforward action show, I think it'll still be 22 minutes.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Apologies for bumping the thread without any real update, but given there was no mention of this show during the Disney Investor's Day event (where they announced Disney+ projects up to 2023) I presume Moon Girl won't be exclusive to the streaming service.

Frontier

Staff member
Apologies for bumping the thread without any real update, but given there was no mention of this show during the Disney Investor's Day event (where they announced Disney+ projects up to 2023) I presume Moon Girl won't be exclusive to the streaming service.
I think they mentioned it would be airing on Disney Channel somewhere :confused:?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts