"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mr.O

Last time that I tried searching for any loose tidbits online about a month or more ago, all that I saw was this.

Titmouse Talks Animation - ComicsVerse

Animation is one thing that Marvel TV is especially tight-lipped until it's pretty close to being available to the public. We probably wouldn't even have heard as much as we did with that press statement already if Fishburne's production company wasn't involved. I don't believe that we're close to seeing this cartoon yet, assuming that it's currently in production, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything. My personal theory is that this show is possibly going to the streaming service, so it might be even longer before we get news.
Very likely to be true.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
That's all I can hope for. Besides hoping it's a well written series, I really want to see how Titmouse handles a Marvel series with a budget.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chevistian C

Disney Channel Orders First Marvel Series Done By Disney TVA

Adapted from the 2016 Marvel comic book series of the same name, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaurfollows the adventures of 13-year-old Lunella Lafayette — one of the smartest people in the world, although not everyone believes her — and Devil, her pet dinosaur, who arrived in the present day thanks to an accidental time vortex. The concept is an updated take on Captain America and X-Men co-creator Jack Kirby’s 1978 Devil Dinosaur comic book series.

The new animated series will come from Disney Television Animation, with Laurence Fishburne and Helen Sugland’s Cinema Gypsy Productions as executive producers alongside Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment and Kim Possible producer Steve Loter. Jeff Howard and Kate Kondell will serve as co-producers and story editors.

"As an avid comic book fan, I am thrilled to be involved with Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur,” Fishburne said in a statement. “Disney Channel is the perfect platform to explore this pint-sized female African American superhero and I can't wait for their audience to enjoy the lighthearted adventures of Lunella and Devil Dinosaur.”

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
This is going to be the best show Marvel related in almost a decade

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Mod Note: The new thread merged with an already existing topic about the show, started when it was first announced in 2018.

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm very happy that Disney Television Animation is handling this instead of Marvel Animation. Just from the teaser image alone it looks like this will be a major step up visually from the other Marvel cartoons :).

Although it does make me wonder if they'll treat this more like Big Hero 6 instead of as a Marvel cartoon. Will there be any wider-MU guest stars at all, or will it be regarded as a standalone :confused:?

bigdaddy313

I'm very happy that Disney Television Animation is handling this instead of Marvel Animation. Just from the teaser image alone it looks like this will be a major step up visually from the other Marvel cartoons :).

Although it does make me wonder if they'll treat this more like Big Hero 6 instead of as a Marvel cartoon. Will there be any wider-MU guest stars at all, or will it be regarded as a standalone :confused:?
Well it does have Marvel on the title, and Marvel Animation is also involved, just not as much.

I can see mostly Black characters guest starring like Black Panther and Luke Cage.

I mean like why not.

Frontier

Staff member
Well it does have Marvel on the title, and Marvel Animation is also involved, just not as much.

I can see mostly Black characters guest starring like Black Panther and Luke Cage.

I mean like why not.
It's just kind of weird to think there might be a distinction between this and the Marvel cartoons, and how they connect together, even if that distinction probably works to this show's advantage.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm not overly familiar with either property so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems closer to an actual adaptation of the comics, as opposed to Big Hero 6 which was kind of a complete re-imagining of the Marvel characters. So I think there might be a chance it will lead to the wider Marvel Universe, eventually.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The art feels kind of like something from a very stylized storybook, which brings Penn Zero and Tangled to mind. I wonder if this is how Marvel Animation will function now; in conjunction with Disney TV Animation and other studios. It kind of makes me think of how things were during the previous decade, when they worked with Film Roman, Lionsgate and others.

I'm hoping for the best and I'm very glad that they can finally start talking about this thing. I look forward to seeing more and more.

I'm not overly familiar with either property so correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems closer to an actual adaptation of the comics, as opposed to Big Hero 6 which was kind of a complete re-imagining of the Marvel characters. So I think there might be a chance it will lead to the wider Marvel Universe, eventually.

There is still Marvel involvement here unlike with Big Hero 6, which Marvel divorced themselves from completely once it was in Disney's hands. All we get there are easter eggs of guys like Orca and Sleepwalker. I hope there will be cameos or Easter eggs here. I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-Man, or the FF, or Doc Doom through this show's filter. It always looks like fun when I see moments from her comic when she deals with the larger Marvel Universe. It would be especially cool if she could run into BH6 themselves, tying everything together.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

It's just kind of weird to think there might be a distinction between this and the Marvel cartoons, and how they connect together, even if that distinction probably works to this show's advantage.
Well I believe it will be its own thing and it's own universe so it's going to be fresh.

TheLemsterPju

Devil Dinosaur is already in present day, judging from the Hulk cartoon and a couple episodes that mentioned him outside of that.

So totally different universe. I think the 2012-2019 MAU will end with Maximum Venom.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts