"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

the greenman

I have nothing against this duo, but I can't stop thinking about "Moon Boy" here. I mean, a primitive humanoid looks way more fitting for a T-Rex than one of the smartest kids in the planet.
It's part of the diversity push. Unfortunately, THEY seem completely unaware of existing characters they could use.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

RoryWilliams

Moon Girl has already been around in the comics for a few years, and, to be frank, it's unlikely the show would've been made with Moon Boy anyway. The character has been sitting around unused in comic book limbo for how many years now?

the greenman

Moon Girl has already been around in the comics for a few years, and, to be frank, it's unlikely the show would've been made with Moon Boy anyway. The character has been sitting around unused in comic book limbo for how many years now?
I thought this character was created for the show. Oh well. I'll check it anyways.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I thought this character was created for the show. Oh well. I'll check it anyways.

I've seen it said that the Moon Girl comic was one sells well in the collected trades as well, due to sales at school book fairs, etc. She's been around about as long as Ironheart, maybe even longer, as part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel push.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Plus, I don't think she's been in every major show starring black characters (like I don't think she's worked on Static Shock, and I know she wasn't in Doc McStuffins).
I feel like Cree Summer was in at least one episode of Static, but I may be wrong...

SweetShop209

Since Laurence Fishburne is producing, maybe Marsai Martin from Black-Ish will voice Moon Girl.
If that's the case, that could work. It helps that she's done some voice work for Disney (mainly on the Disney Junior side with Goldie And Bear, Elena Of Avalor, and Vampirina).

Frontier

Staff member
None of the voice cast has been officially announced at this point, so Marsai Martin's possible involvement hasn't been confirmed.
Kind of on that topic, I'm curious if we'll get any major Marvel guest stars and how they might handle casting on that front...

SweetShop209

June 14:

Well, this show is produced by Disney Television Animation at the helm, so there should be a good mix of voice actors and on camera actors (and probably those from Disney's live action shows). I mean, look at Big Hero 6 The Series.

July 10:

I found this tweet from Shaun Bryant. I don't know if he's involved with character designs here on a major level (given how Jose Lopez was revealed to work as main character designer here), but it's worth noting. Some of the shows he's worked on include SpongeBob, Harvey Girls Forever, and Legend Of The Three Caballeros.

Frontier

Staff member
July 10:

I found this tweet from Shaun Bryant. I don't know if he's involved with character designs here on a major level (given how Jose Lopez was revealed to work as main character designer here), but it's worth noting. Some of the shows he's worked on include SpongeBob, Harvey Girls Forever, and Legend Of The Three Caballeros.

Not sure if that's implying a preview, but someone who has worked on some good cartoons is probably a good source for discerning quality :).

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I created a new thread.

Godzilla vs. King Kong. Whoever wins, we lose.

.....wait, are we back in 2004?!?
Asa
The second Lego Movie will have it's Cartoon Network premiere on Feburary 15.
The theme song for The Mighty Ones is sung by Fryda Wolff (Bats) and Jessica McKenna (Rocksy).

I'm watched the Godzilla vs kong trailer

Featured Posts