"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
November 16th, 2019:
I'd say during the second half of the year.

January 22nd, 2020:

Elena Of Avalor producer Pilar Flynn is a producer here.
She does have experience with capable female-lead shows :).

I guess we might have other major Marvel Universe characters show up just to emphasize how Moon Girl is "the smartest."
So is this for kids or Pixar-esque?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Probably ostensibly for kids.

Reactions: bigdaddy313

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street

Probably not too important for the series but I just noticed how they made note to mention that the exiting EVP was really behind the series. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from any personnel or regime changes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Probably not too important for the series but I just noticed how they made note to mention that the exiting EVP was really behind the series. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from any personnel or regime changes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It has been a while since we've heard anything about it...not that that means they're not still hard at work :).

Reactions: RoyalRubble

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
Well, Nancy Kanter helped bring quality programming to Disney for 20 years. She's left a mark in the business.

On another note, I want to talk a bit about casting. I would not be surprised if they went the route of casting a Disney Channel star from one of their sitcoms to play Moon Girl. I'd nominate Navia Robinson from Raven's Home. The two main voice roles she's done (Zayla from Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire and Valerie/The Valkyrie from The Rocketeer) are both quite different from each other. The former has some sympathy given her family background, but she definitely does relish in power. The latter has it where Valerie is friends with Kit yet doesn't want to be shown up by The Rocketeer. With a recent appearance in "The Valkyrie Cleans Up", I'd say she's more an antivillain (she wants to hang out with Kit, but tries showing up The Rocketeer when she's too busy cleaning the statue. Even when she takes it, it's to clean it and bring it back, and she does manage to at least somewhat work with her.)

More to the point, with that kind of variety in her performances, if she were cast as Moon Girl here, that would help out.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
May 12:

Jules Bridgers is working as a storyboard artist. She previously worked on The Loud House, Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Glitch Techs.

May 18:

Morgan Hillebrand is a storyboard artist here. She previously worked on She Ra And The Princesses Of Power, Critical Role, and Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I think Luciano Herrera forgot Fillmore and The Proud Family.
But yeah, it will be the first in 15 years.

EDIT: Doc McStuffins too. together with DuckTales the only Disney cartoons from the 2010s that got an Icelandic dub, despite Iceland being very "white" : )

Last edited:
Reactions: Mostezli

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I have nothing against this duo, but I can't stop thinking about "Moon Boy" here. I mean, a primitive humanoid looks way more fitting for a T-Rex than one of the smartest kids in the planet.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I have nothing against this duo, but I can't stop thinking about "Moon Boy" here. I mean, a primitive humanoid looks way more fitting for a T-Rex than one of the smartest kids in the planet.
The contrast is part of the point ;).

I do wonder if the show will acknowledge Moon Boy like the comic did.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Dedicated to everyone who, in these hard pandemic times, try celebrating the Fourth of July while using merpeople as means of escape from all this ruckus.
Asa
Happy Birthday, America!

The best way to celebrate 4th of July
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to wish you a Happy 4th of July. I'll be having a nice barbecue and then see the fireworks tonight. I hope you have a very safe & Happy 4th of July.
pacman000 wrote on Peter Paltridge's profile.