"Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur" (Animated) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The art feels kind of like something from a very stylized storybook, which brings Penn Zero and Tangled to mind. I wonder if this is how Marvel Animation will function now; in conjunction with Disney TV Animation and other studios. It kind of makes me think of how things were during the previous decade, when they worked with Film Roman, Lionsgate and others.
This makes me wonder if part of the reason the Marvel Animation panel at D23 was so bare-bones, and we've barely gotten announcements of any new stuff, was because Marvel content is transitioning to Disney TV Animation :confused:.

If it means getting more stuff looking like Moon Girl, I'm all for it :cool:.
There is still Marvel involvement here unlike with Big Hero 6, which Marvel divorced themselves from completely once it was in Disney's hands. All we get there are easter eggs of guys like Orca and Sleepwalker. I hope there will be cameos or Easter eggs here. I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-Man, or the FF, or Doc Doom through this show's filter. It always looks like fun when I see moments from her comic when she deals with the larger Marvel Universe. It would be especially cool if she could run into BH6 themselves, tying everything together.
I wonder if we're also going to see the end of "standardized" versions of Marvel characters in the cartoons, to where there isn't a need to have to worry about what another character is like in another cartoon, or a paper-thin shared continuity, and creators can just use whatever characters or properties they want.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I wonder who will end up voicing Lunella. I kind of feel like it might be a Disney star...

I also wonder who will do Devil's noises. A return of Steve Blum or Dee Bradley Baker? Maybe even a surprise Fred Tatasciore :cool:?
Show will arrive 2020 on Disney Channel

Our first new Marvel cartoon of 2020. A new era dawning? I guess we'll have to see :anime:.
Creators getting to use whatever character they think they can do something creative or fun with? What a novel idea that would be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
And with no embargoes getting in the way ;).

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Never heard of her, but I have read her powers and abilities on Wikipedia. This could be absolutely fantastic.

I am personally hoping for only a few other Marvel hero appearances. Some Afro-American ones would be nice. Perhaps Tony Stark or Reed Richards + Susan Storm too, because interaction between geniuses is always fun. Please no Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America etc. Let this be its own thing.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Though it'll most likely be 30-45 seconds instead of a full minute, but it's still something.
That's still enough time to make something memorable and satisfying if the right amount of effort and skill are put behind it. The biggest problem with the Marvel intros of the past few years has been that they felt lazily thrown together and so cheap, ultimately becoming forgettable.

There have been really memorable short intros throughout the past decade in my opinion. Motorcity (made by Titmouse), Young Justice S1, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, OK KO, etc. They're not even much longer then the intros Marvel has been doing but the impression that's left is much bigger. Marvel was kind of spoiling us with some really good minute-long intros before Ultimate Spider-Man started but I would take a really good short one if I can get it. First impressions matter and that's what intros ultimately are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigdaddy313

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
Devil Dinosaur is already in present day, judging from the Hulk cartoon and a couple episodes that mentioned him outside of that.

So totally different universe. I think the 2012-2019 MAU will end with Maximum Venom.
I mean, even if it were it's not like a plot inconsistency would prevent them from saying it's in the same universe. I still recall the days of Jeph Loeb trying to convince people Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH might somehow be connected despite that not making a lick of sense. LMAO.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Jose Lopez (the character designer for Transformers Prime and Big Hero 6 The Series) is also attached to the series.
That's a pretty high pedigree :).

I've never been too crazy about the character designs in most Marvel cartoons these days, so it'd be nice if Moon Girl is a step up in that department :cool:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Dedicated to everyone who, in these hard pandemic times, try celebrating the Fourth of July while using merpeople as means of escape from all this ruckus.
Asa
Happy Birthday, America!

The best way to celebrate 4th of July
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to wish you a Happy 4th of July. I'll be having a nice barbecue and then see the fireworks tonight. I hope you have a very safe & Happy 4th of July.
pacman000 wrote on Peter Paltridge's profile.