Mob Psycho 100

SaneMan

So another anime adaptation of a manga by One (the creator of One Punch Man) began airing

It seems to be a more straigh-forward shonen series unlike One Punch Man, but thuis far it left a pretty good first impression

also, obligatory "still a better ghost hunting story than the Ghostbusters remake"

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I finally got around to watching the first episode and I'm liking it. Good lord, this is some crazy gish. Good thing I love me some crazy. I'm thinking about following this.

Man, Mob is a chump when it comes to anything that isn't psychic and spectral. Bad grades and non-athletic? That's sad. At least his incredible psychic powers and ghostbusting skills balance that out.

Anyone notice Saitama on Reigen's phone in one scene? Nice little easter egg of One's other work.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
The second episode was pretty good. Mob's girl disguise actually makes for a decent plain jane. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give girl-Mob a 5 for cuteness (better-looking than the president of the Telepathy Club :p).

Neat how Mob joined the Body Improvement Club. A little CrossFit will make his body as strong as his mind in no time.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I realy liked how Mob went with the Body improvement club as for this episode much better than the first since it had more going on than Mob is innocent and his master is a Phony

PapaGreg

I realy liked how Mob went with the Body improvement club as for this episode much better than the first since it had more going on than Mob is innocent and his master is a phony

3ngag3

Episode 3

Now things are getting intense. If you were bored by the first two episodes, this one should be a breath of fresh air for you.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Episode 3 was good. The (LOL) cult reminds me of the Cracked-Smile Dinner Party from Blank Dream.

Heh heh, hang in there, Mob. Keep working out long enough and you'll be as strong as a Dark Souls boss.

Whoa, did Kurata do a Jojo pose? That was unexpected, but welcome.

That's a lot of Shyguys. Where's Mario when you need him?

Mob has a spectacular poker face. Dude's like an iceberg.

Ohhh, now you done goofed, cult leader! Mob, show him why you don't mess with a psychic powerhouse.

Dayum, he actually hit 100%!
Smiley_Chucho.gif
Jeez, Mob looks scary in his super mode. That wasn't even a fight, it was a massacre.

PapaGreg

Mob 100% is basically if you mix Gon San, Tetsuo and Super Saiyan 2 Kid Gohan

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Episode 4 was pretty good. Things are getting intense fast.

That delinquent's pompadour looks like crap. Take some grooming lessons from Josuke, boyo.

So Dimple survived last episode and is now a lowly spirit. Let's see if he can get anything from Mob while being weak as crap.

Despite being smart, athletic, and attractive, Mob's brother would give anything for psychic powers. The grass is always greener on the other side for these brothers.

That's right, Body Improvement Club! Those ripped muscles are not for bullying.

Dang, pompadour boy went Crazy Diamond on that fella.

Man, Mob just can't get a break. He's like the Charlie Brown of this show.

It's a hundred thugs vs the B.I. Club. Just a minor workout for the B.I. boys.

Of course the B.I. Club are weak against Teruki. If you ever played Pokemon, you'd know that psychic-types trump fighting-types.

Unlike Pokemon, you gotta fight fire with fire here. Get 'im Mob! Next episode of course...

PapaGreg

@Gatordragon Also unlike Pokemon Psychic is strong against ghost

Also I really like that the B.I club are really nice, if it was any other series they would be thugs or bullies.

SaneMan

I love how the older, more successful and well-adjusted brother is envious of his younger brother's powers, even tho said younger brother is an outcast

and I guess Mob has met his dark counterpart

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Also I really like that the B.I club are really nice, if it was any other series they would be thugs or bullies.

Now I'm thinking what Mob Psycho 100 would be like if it was made by Butch Hartman. :p

Anyway, episode 5 was great. We get our first esper-to-esper battle.

Huh, Reigen's the one who taught Mob not to get all uppity with his powers. He may be using Mob for profit, but he's not so bad.

Dang, Mob's getting thrashed! On your guard, boyo. Cut the chitchat.

Oh, Dimple went through a mansformation. If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

Aaaand Dimple got one-shotted. If you're gonna attack, then attack, don't talk.

Heh, not surprised Mob doesn't care much about Dimple. Neither did I, though he see the potential in Mob.

That's the spirit, Mob! Grow a pair and stand up to this d-bag.

Uh oh, one of the knives got deflected back and gave Teruki a close shave. Brace yourself, Mob.

Oh snap, Mob analyzed Teruki good. Just breaking him down by telling it like it is.

Now it's personal. Teruki's choking out Mob with his bare hands.

Inch by inch, you're getting closer, Mob.

Oh! Mob passed out before he could get there. Well that was anticli-- whoops, spoke too soon!

Holy crap, Mob went ???! We reached unknown territory, boyos. I don't think Mob's here at the moment.

Wow Mob went full eldritch abomination. You got your wish, Teruki, now enjoy getting raptured.

You got it all out of your system, Mob? It's okay, you can cry. If it's any consolation, you fixed the collateral damage and Teruki's been humbled. Still a stalemate, though.

Hmm, Mob's brother Ritsu appears to already know about Mob's ??? side. Just thinking about it makes him sweaty.

3ngag3

I love how the older, more successful and well-adjusted brother is envious of his younger brother's powers, even tho said younger brother is an outcast

and I guess Mob has met his dark counterpart

I believe Mob is actually the older brother.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Episode 6 was pretty deece. The ending was worth it.

Don't strain yourself, Ritsu. You're gonna bust a blood vessel.

What kind of black magic bullcrap is Reigen pulling this time?

You pull a knife on Reigen, you get the shoryuken.

Kurata wants to go on a date with Mob? ...I don't ship it.

An awakening lab? Ritsu, never trust a guy dressed in a checkered coat and has a jewfro. That's never good news.

Oh, the student council's vice president knows what's up with Ritsu. That struck a nerve.

Uh oh, Mob's esper-sense is tingling.

These are the best espers that jewfro guy can muster? Ritsu's seen better.

Dang, president Shinji's father just verbally beat down his son. That was brutal.

All that bottled up anger finally got to Ritsu. Having reached 100%, he joins Shinji in framing Onigawara. Dude really shouldn't trust a guy who looks like Voldemort in a wig.

Well dang, Shinji has Onigawara backed into a corner. Played him like a recorder.

Oh jeez, I was not ready for that scene....

Oh, what is this?! Ritsu is developing psychic powers?
Smiley_Derpl.gif
Oh, and Dimple's back. That ghost must have a ton of extra lives.

SaneMan

I seem to get the themes of this series
power and how one uses it, trying to live-up to other people's expectations of oneself and one's own expectations of self, the inability to find peace, and the ambition to be more than one is

PapaGreg

I seem to get the themes of this series
power and how one uses it, trying to live-up to other people's expectations of oneself and one's own expectations of self, the inability to find peace, and the ambition to be more than one is
I also see a theme where everyone has their own insecurieties that they have to get over

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mob Psycho is neat. It's got a unique art style, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Goofy and fairly likable characters.

The prologue of the first episode reminded me of Dead Leaves and FLCL.

The animation staff really looks like they did a good job of translating One's art style into anime for this one. Again, I like that the show doesn't have the typical anime look. It's very squiggly and non-symmetrical.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Episode 7 was pretty decent. Ritsu's letting all the psychic power go to his head, basically becoming the anti-Mob.

Nice counter-con, Reigen. These amateurs thought they could out-con someone as faux-fessional as him?

So it's going to be brother vs brother next episode. This ought to be interesting.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts