Mister Rogers Marathon On Twitch

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Starts in a few minutes. All 886 episodes over 18 days, in chronological order. Let's see if we can spot the NET logo!

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
It's starting with some archive footage of Rogers in D.C. talking about just how meaningful his program and the support he got for it is. Very nice way to begin it, I must say.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
BOOYAH

mrrogersnet.jpg

Until now I've only seen pictures of this version of the intro. The NET station ident is also at the end.

This means If we wait long enough, there will be PBS Moog Tones for hours and hours.

Dsneybuf

BOOYAH

mrrogersnet.jpg

Until now I've only seen pictures of this version of the intro. The NET station ident is also at the end.

This means If we wait long enough, there will be PBS Moog Tones for hours and hours.
The picture won't show up for me, sadly.
Additionally, I've yet to see a good-quality video of the first PBS logo -- the Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1 DVD replaced it with the Moog Tones.
(Regarding the NET logo, Volume 1 presents Sesame Street episode #1 with the Moog Tones instead, while Volume 2 retains NET's plate on the test pilot.)

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
I wouldn't imagine seeing someone watch the whole marathon much like with The Simpsons.

Dsneybuf

With the marathon reaching season 2, I'd like to share a strange memory I have related to the episode numbers:
For most of the episodes I saw on TV, the number appeared during the opening credits. However, the local PBS did use a print with the ending Trolley number card once, and it caught me pretty far off guard.

EDIT: It seems that, like Sesame Street: Old School, Twitch plastered over NET's Tri-Color House with the PBS Moog Tones. Guess that means the Public Boredom Service logo will still remain out of my reach.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Hey, speaking of the Trolley card, look what just turned up:
rogerscard.jpg

You know what's odd about this? This is a 1969 episode and the main title still uses the original "MisteRogers" logo, making me wonder if these cards were tacked on at a later date.
I doubt it was Twitch that plastered the NET logo out; those edits were probably done to the masters. I'm also guessing that the reason the first season has the NET ending is because those episodes were stricken from reruns at the time, being black and white....so they didn't bother.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Hot Tip: I've heard that episodes #1153 and #1168 (from Season Four) may have the 1970 PBS logo unaltered. Apparently a few episodes have appeared that do show the color NET logo, and they were ones that did not contain a Trolley Card. There is a site called the Neighborhood Archive that mentions which ones do and don't have 'em.

#1104 just finished, so....by my calculations that makes 24 1/2 hours until #1153 shows up.

Dsneybuf

No dice - #1153 had the Trolley Card, and a PBS logo from 1989! (Incidentally, this feels like the first one I can remember seeing on TV.)

Dsneybuf

Whoa, the marathon has reached the last episode I can remember watching on PBS: "Windstorm in Bubble Land".

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Dang, I missed the Conflict episodes. Hopefully someone saved them somewhere.

Also, now each ep ends with the 2000 PBS Kids logo, probably because the eps shown from this point onward were regularly shown in reruns during that time.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
They’re doing it again for his 90th birthday. They started on Tuesday with what they say are the 90 most popular episodes, and now they’re running through all the episodes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts