Mission Incomplete- Gundam 00 Hiatus Thread

Soul

Ahem, so I know that I'm a few pages late, but I just watched the NYAF trailer...and so....Patrick sounds like he should be riding on a motorcycle. And maybe wearing a leather jacket?
I love Lockon's voice, however. It's nice and smooth.

Onto more pressing matters...
*falls out of her chairs, rolls down the stairs, out the front door and into heavy traffic* Graham. Oh dear lord. Why do you sound like you're 13!!!?? WHY DO YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE 13. WHY DO YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE YOU NOT HIT PUBERTY YET!!?!? YOU ARE A MAN, GRAHAM.
Billy will not be pleased.

lawls.
:D

But in all seriousness
Yeah, Graham's voice is the only one that bothers me, besides Aeolia's voice in the 1st trailer.

I dunno, it's still just one scene but Graham..No..PAUL DOBSON?!
Whyyyy?!?

But yeah.
Graham's voice at the moment = Fail

Ryusuke

SomethingWithTheR
We get Paul Dobson as Graham...yet....we get a teenage Graham. ...why? Patrick's voice is bothering me too.

Lockon's and Setsuna's were great though.

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
Agreed. When Setsuna said "Roger that" I almost fainted from its awesomeness.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Quc6PCi3U&fmt=18 The earlier trailer, with high quality TV size OP audio. Credit to the always awesome 00 Forums.

I agree, a hearty round of applause to everyone who's been involved with this thread for the last 6 months. It's been a painfully long wait but the discussion here has made that more tolerable. Members like GWOtaku, Juu-kuchi, etc...EVERYONE who contributed speculation, news, random sillyness and HC death threats. As we finalise the use of this thread over the next few days, here's looking forward to the new season that awaits.

Demonic Raven

Setsuna is gonna sound great in the dub. Patrick, Sergei, Lockon, and Sumeragi are fine enough. Graham....why? He has his immature moments, but it doesn't need to be taken THAT far.

Wow, the opening sounds a lot different in high quality, huh? It's still UVERworld (aka good), though.

I can't believe it's coming after all this time!

kenjisalk

Aging Warhorse
I dunno, I don't really like what I've heard of Lock-on's english VA, and Haro's VA sounds TERRIBLE from that clip.

I agree with the Graham sounds bratty and lame, I always assumed he was an old soul kinda guy, who doesn't sound like an obnoxious rival character (ie Sasuke or something like that).

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Good lord. This is just cool. Those are massive beam sabers.

TOY-GDM-0236_06.jpg

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Bah. I've seen bigger.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Even money says that Trans Am can make them "Gundam Epyon splitting Barge" huge. Well, maybe not, but it's possible. Besides, not only are they large, but dual wielding makes it better.

The O Riser combination, surprisingly, doesn't look lame. In fact, it's rather cool, as the extensions on the shoulders appeal to me.

At first I was positive about the 00, though lukewarm...thanks the last two or three months I now find myself really liking it.

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It would be amusing if they became so large Setsuna can destroy entire armies just by spinning around with them :p

"Codename Setsuna F Seiei. Activating 'Death Blossom'..."

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
It would be amusing if they became so large Setsuna can destroy entire armies just by spinning around with them :p

"Codename Setsuna F Seiei. Activating 'Death Blossom'..."

Like Wing Zero, but with swords? Works for me.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
At the same time though, I can't wait until the 00 gets overpowered and outmatched. Seeing that thing break apart throughout the final battle (more than likely) is going to be a glorious spectacle.

...Does it make me an ass to wish that?

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm actually half expecting the 00 to come out of the final battle pretty well. Not an over the top win like Destiny, but certainly no real Gundams torn to pieces again.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
...That could work too.

But I always find 2nd Season upgrades getting overpowered, outmatched, and torn apart to be very engaging to me and relatively cathartic, mainly because I get rather annoyed at times how overly powered certain Gundams are, but to see them torn apart makes me relieved that they can still be outclassed.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Well, if I'm right and Aeolia Schenberg's plan turns out to be succeeding at the end, there would need to be Gundams to preserve the plan--just in case. The 00, being so far as we know the guardian of Schenberg's will as CB's ascendant Gundam, would therefore survive beyond the ending.

Well, whatever happens, I expect to be happy so long as our hero turns out all right in the end.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts