Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir - Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Lord Hater

Retired
The series has received good ratings on the Brazilian channel Gloob.

Gloob is celebrating good ratings for Miraculous - The Ladybug Adventures on Monday. The animated series left the channel in the lead among the young audience in the range of 4 to 11 years, and still left among the ten most watched channels in pay TV during the time, and third in the ranking of the children's channels.

Ladybug also leveraged digital platforms Gloob. Before his debut, the launch video series, available on the channel's website had more than 750,000 views (February 15 to debut), and the game based on the series had a total of 400,000 games played.

There are no more questions that animation can be considered a purchase of gold for Gloob, which somehow ended up taking advantage, indirectly, the buzz around the production. And somehow, this fact further increased the popularity of Ladybug.

Miraculous - The Ladybug Adventures airs Monday through Friday at 20h (23h reprise), 13.30 and 16.30 (from 28).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I should note that Ladybug isn't available on Nick's On Demand section anymore, which would probably explain why they didn't update it for the past few episodes. I don't think that bodes too well for the show if it was just on a hiatus.

kanc

I checked with tvschedule zap2it and TeenNick on Sat Mar 26 will be showing the episode "The Mime", (which Nick was supposed to air on March 6 but got pulled)

SaneMan

OK, I do not want to come of as a jerk, but I guess I'll just ask bluntly

What is this show's appeal?

I recently noticed the show gaining a noticable following on Deviantart, Tumblr, and similar sites, so I decided to check it out

I em barely 10 episodes in, but thus far it is all just very basic monster of the week stuff
kinda like 90s Sailor Moon or Power Rangers
I do not hate it (it is pretty difficult to make me hate something), but what makes this show stand out?

There must be a reason for all those fans I've recently been encountering

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out

I recently noticed the show gaining a noticable following on Deviantart, Tumblr, and similar sites, so I decided to check it out

I em barely 10 episodes in, but thus far it is all just very basic monster of the week stuff
I do not hate it (it is pretty difficult to make me hate something), but what makes this show stand out?

Shipping dude, shipping

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Well, I can't speak for everybody, but I can tell you why it appeals to me and why I've been enjoying it in-spite of its formulaic nature:

- I find Marinette/Ladybug to be an endearing and fun lead, and I think Ladybug is a strong and enjoyable female Superhero :).

- The developing romance (however much of a very slow-burn it is) between the two leads and their banter as Ladybug and Cat Noir :D.

- The solid CG animation and the fun action scenes :cool:.

- Some of the Akuma/Supervillain designs are really neat. Like an interesting mix of Toku/Magical Girl monsters and comic book Supervillains ;).

- The character designs in general just seem very vibrant, varied, and look really good in my opinion.

- This is really a personal thing, but hearing so many anime VA's in this production and doing a pretty good job with their characters is awesome for someone like me who's really into voice acting and is a fan of most of them.

I hope that helps :sweat:.

Light Lucario

Staff member

I think that the fanbase seems to really love the pairing of the two leads, which I guess would explain why so many sites are following it. The animation is really impressive, Marinette is a likable lead and it does have some interesting concepts, even if they aren't really used all that much. It's not bad, but it also isn't anything to write home about, so the immense appeal for something I'd just describe as decent fluff is a bit surprising to me as well.

This show is the highest-rated cartoon on the French channel TF1.

How does everyone think this show would have done on Disney Channel? I say DC instead of Disney XD because it's airing on DC in European countries.

I think that the show would feel really out of place on Disney Channel since they only use it for their own original shows and movies for the most part. A third party show would stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure how well it would do there when their main attention for that channel is their live action shows.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
A recent discussion I had with someone on Tumblr explains that Ladybug works because its formulaic route means it can have the broadest appeal from different countries and that makes a certain amount of sense. What it lacks in depth makes up for it with a universal story that's easy to segway into.

If I had to present another theory, there was noticeable hype for it a because Ladybug had an exceptionally good trailer that blew people away waaaay back in 2012. It was a different beast back then, but had such a flair that it dragged people in with anticipation, me among them.

Ladybug didn't turn out the way I wished it did, but it is a decent time waster and really, it could be worse. Though I hope once they spend the first season with its samey formula, they'll consider stretching its wings by season 2/3.

At its best, Ladybug is fun and optimistic and I like that. At worst, it's mediocre and tedious. I only recommend the show if you don't mind that it's basically the same plot every episode.

jaylop97

Staff member
Ladybug didn't turn out the way I wished it did, but it is a decent time waster and really, it could be worse. Though I hope once they spend the first season with its samey formula, they'll consider stretching its wings by season 2/3.

At its best, Ladybug is fun and optimistic and I like that. At worst, it's mediocre and tedious. I only recommend the show if you don't mind that it's basically the same plot every episode.
Yeah I agree I was extremely wanting to see Ladybug for months prior to its release mainly because it had a cool surrounding especially in 2012, but when it finally got shown my feelings turned slightly, it was okay overall but I was disappointed how much it lacked the quality I was hoping, I have it but only to a lesser degree at this point.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Sad part is that in 2 weeks there is gonna be an anime that deals with strange occurrences that happen in a small town and these small occurrences are developed by people's emotion or psychic manifestations and it sort of has a Slice of Life feel and is sort of episodic(hell the main antagonist won't arrive in like 20 episodes) the show is called Jojo Bizarre Adventure Diamond is not crash.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Should I continue then?

If you enjoy the show ten episodes into it, I think you'll be able to enjoy the rest of the season. While I am disappointed and at times frustrated with the show's wasted potential, it's still far from a terrible show. At worst, I'd call it mediocre since it's so focused on sticking with the status quo and resolving each conflict within one episode. It's usually fairly decent entertainment with an interesting premise, a few likable characters and really impressive CGI animation.

It's still nothing to write home about and I'm still not sure why so many sites love the show so much, but it is decent enough to keep watching it in my opinion. I just hope that later episodes in season one, if not the other two seasons, will try to do something beyond the episodic format and provide more world building and/or a bigger on-going storyline.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
As suggested in one of the episodes, there is going to be a Miraculous Ladybug comic book, but it is not from one of the two publishers I expected to get the rights: IDW (who has most of Hasbro's IPs,) or Boom Studios (Power Rangers). Instead, according to an article at Bleeding Cool, Action Lab has Miraculous comic rights. They say Miraculous is "tracking #3 among kids shows" which is hard to believe. If it was doing that well, simply put, it wouldn't be on hiatus and nowhere to be seen on Nickelodeon's main channel at the moment. There would be some episodes airing on Nickelodeon, even in reruns. But there is some sign of hope for a July return.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
If it was doing that well, simply put, it wouldn't be on hiatus and nowhere to be seen on Nickelodeon's main channel at the moment.
Nah, I believe it. Nick can be pretty darn oblivious sometimes.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well that's not surprising. If anything, Ladybug premieres on Nickelodeon proper lasted a lot longer than I think most third party shows. At least it will give me another reason to watch Nicktoons and help mix up their schedule a bit, which that channel needs to do just as much as Nickelodeon does.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts