"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Dan Povenmire put out a tweet about the possible airdates for the rest of the season 1 airings for the main channel. I say "possibly" since this could change at the last minute.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There was apparently an episode that was banned from airing in Europe.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Again, Disney XD EMEA is also aired in the Middle East and Africa. Arab countries don't want men to dress up as women. That doesn't mean this episode will be banned on the European Disney Channels.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I kind of want Doof to leave already. I enjoyed the crossover, but I liked the show better without him as a regular.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I kind of want Doof to leave already. I enjoyed the crossover, but I liked the show better without him as a regular.
I do enjoy the episodes we've gotten so far, and he's still pretty fun, but it does seem like the show is relying a bit too much on the success of its predecessor to carry it through. I mean, being part of a larger universe is one thing, but this is a bit much.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I do enjoy the episodes we've gotten so far, and he's still pretty fun, but it does seem like the show is relying a bit too much on the success of its predecessor to carry it through. I mean, being part of a larger universe is one thing, but this is a bit much.

Spoken for truth. I admire this show for being better (and funnier) than it's predecessor (which save for Doof and Perry, I really can't stand Phineas & Ferb as a show all that much, honestly.), so reminding the viewer of what this show is the successor of, while not giving said successor a chance to prove itself through it's own merits? That's asking for nothing but trouble after too long.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
How could I forget Milo Murphy... I will be sad if it really does end after season 2...

Unless season 2 focusses too much on Phineas and Ferb characters... Then I wouldn't mind Disney ditching it.

1. Given how Disney is treating this show like Penn Zero: Part Time Hero in terms of scheduling and releasing it in the US, and how they're not advertising it as much as , I wouldn't be surprised if it does end at season 2.

2. It seems to be the case given how Doofenshmirtz is pretty much a recurring character at this point (appearing in at least segment in each episode that has aired after the crossover so far). The show seems to be relying a bit too much on the success of its predecessor to carry the success here.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
1. Given how Disney is treating this show like Penn Zero: Part Time Hero in terms of scheduling and releasing it in the US, and how they're not advertising it as much as , I wouldn't be surprised if it does end at season 2.
Do you know how important the US market is for Disney? (no rhetorical question) Milo Murphy's Law seems to be popular enough internationally. (but nothing like Frozen or Phineas and Ferb, of course :( )

Perhaps Milo Murphy could be more like Adventure Time, which lost its popularity in the USA but kept getting renewed because of its popularity in Asia and other international markets. Or do you think that is less likely to happen with Disney? I honestly don't know. On one hand, Disney has always been less interested in expanding its channels in new markets (unlike CN), however, the American Disney Channel doesn't even air ads, so I doubt Disney is making all of these fantastic cartoons just for DC USA, when the "big money" is made in all other countries...
2. It seems to be the case given how Doofenshmirtz is pretty much a recurring character at this point (appearing in at least segment in each episode that has aired after the crossover so far). The show seems to be relying a bit too much on the success of its predecessor to carry the success here.
:(

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. Do you know how important the US market is for Disney? (no rhetorical question) Milo Murphy's Law seems to be popular enough internationally. (but nothing like Frozen or Phineas and Ferb, of course :( )

2. Perhaps Milo Murphy could be more like Adventure Time, which lost its popularity in the USA but kept getting renewed because of its popularity in Asia and other international markets. Or do you think that is less likely to happen with Disney? I honestly don't know.

3. On one hand, Disney has always been less interested in expanding its channels in new markets (unlike CN), however, the American Disney Channel doesn't even air ads, so I doubt Disney is making all of these fantastic cartoons just for DC USA, when the "big money" is made in all other countries...

4. :(
1. I would assume the show is treated much better internationally. Even ignoring episodes airing in other countries before the US, I heard it has reruns a few times each day, unlike the US currently airing it only on weekend mornings.

2. I know how "Stitch!" and "Stitch And Ai" were created because Japan and China love the Lilo And Stitch franchise, so we know they do take the international market into account.

3. It seems to be one of those things where they air it more out of obligation than a desire to see it thrive.

4. Relying a bit too much on its successor is getting a bit in the way of the new arc forming this season.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Story editor Scott Peterson, who voices Scott The Undergrounder, mentioned something about his last recording session. Before jumping to conclusions, there could still be more episodes than what's currently known (maybe a potential season 3), and this is simply the last appearance of his character.

Mr.O

Disney’s treatment of this show is atrocious. I wouldn’t be surprised if season 2 is the last, but I hope they do one more season afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any idea why thy treated it so? Phineas and Ferb was huge, and this show had a pretty decent fan base too.

jaylop97

Staff member
Here's hoping that once Season 2 starts on Disney Channel, it will do much better for another season.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There's a 50/50 chance of that. Ratings would be higher on the main channel , but how much higher? People watching the international premieres would definitely play a part in the ratings here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts