"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Yeah I think we had enough evidence that they weren't evil when Milo played the "role" of Xenomorph in "Abducting Murphy's Law".
Well I knew for sure when the female alien disguised herself as Mrs. Murphy, and Milo told her "I love you" and her reaction was revealing. Anyway they are the anti Luntaris.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
"Freefall / Milo's World" was so good. I laughed a lot during Freefall. This seems like a season 1 episode that somehow was lost for a while. No Doofenshmirtz, no science-fiction, and Murphy's law acted old-school rather than explosions-explosions-explosions.

Hope there are more episodes like this next week.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that the past couple of episodes were pretty good. Milo being stuck in an elevator for an episode was pretty funny and gave the series a bit of time to relax before focusing back on the alien plot. Considering that Milo and his friends should have known that Dakota was looking for Cavandish, it is kind of weird that they didn't bring up the space ship or at least the fact that they saw him much earlier. It was to wait until near the end of the season, but it was a bit strange. A clone of Cavandish's head with Perry's body was so disturbing that it was kind of hilarious though.

I liked Dakota and Cavandish's reunion. Given how far Dakota was willing to go to save Cavandish during the first season, it was nice to see that they made up. Even Doofenshmirtz and Perry had a nice reunion and patched things up, so that was neat. The aliens were obviously nice. There were episodes prior to these two that showed that they weren't a threat, although simply asking Milo for help instead of kidnapping him twice would have been easier. That cliffhanger was a lot less intense knowing that it wasn't Milo floating out in space.

It was pretty neat to see Milo and his friends work together to save the day. It made the season finale a bit more action packed than expected and it was nice to see them all contributing to a certain degree. Granted, I kind of hoped that Doofenshmirtz's creation would solve the problem, if only to provide more in-universe justification for him to be part of the cast, but having all of the aliens reduce the negative energy instead was more fitting with the message they were going for and it was more touching too.

At least the alien storyline was resolve fairly nicely. I wasn't expecting a Melessia and Zack pairing to potentially bloom, but I was okay with that. It's cute and believable enough to work. It does feel much more like a season finale than a potential series finale, especially when they never showed Doofenshmirtz becoming Professor Time like I thought that they were going to do, but that is understandable. I'm sure that they weren't planning this season to be potentially the last one.

I do hope that they'll picked up for another season. It's probably unlikely, but it might not be impossible either. It probably depends on how much they like the new Phineas and Ferb movie. While season two felt like a bit of a step down from season one, it was still enjoyable, there were still some funny moments/episodes and I wouldn't mind seeing if they could give the characters a better sendoff with a third season. It isn't my favorite current Disney Channel series, but it is still a pretty good one and I wouldn't mind seeing it get a continuation someday.

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Is just me or did this show Zack / Melisa thing just come out of no where. Well I prefer this over the long drawn out thing that is Starco.

So if this is the series, finale, it is not a bad way to end. It is not as good as the season 1 finale, but still okay.

So this is other planet has their own Milo. And now it does make the reaction that female alien made when Milo told you "I love your mom" in a whole new context.

This is a very light hearted show obviously, in most other shows, the whole planet would have turned on that girl, just look at Naruto for example.

So we will see if there is a season 3.

Reactions: Dudley

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
So has there ever been an example of another show production simply ceasing, but continuing again sometime later. And the resulting gap in between production only being an uncertain hiatus in hindsight?

I know it's not too likely for MML, but I would like to be a little optimistic about not being blatantly canceled.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Well, as far as season finales go, it’s pretty decent. As far as series finales go, it’s...alright I guess. Knowing how this show’s been treated by the network, I’ve learned to not be too attached and accept it as it is. At least it’s not a cliffhanger, aside from them still being stuck on the planet.
I’m okay that Zack and Mellisa got together. Their chemistry has been hinted, and it’s more a friendship that grew into something more.

As for my thoughts on the series: I felt that this was a great successor to Phineas and Ferb. I honestly expected the show to follow a formula that’d repeat each episode, but it didn’t, but kept all of Phineas and Ferb’s humor style, while having the show do it’s own thing. I definitely wasn’t expecting it to have story arcs, those were pretty neat.
Season 2 is a step down, I feel, and that’s mostly because Doofensmirtz was added, other than that, it was also enjoyable.
I wouldn’t mind a third season to wrap everything up, and I hope the creators can create a third series, that’ll help form some kind of “Tri-State” trilogy.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Well, I hope Season 3 can actually come. Especially if we can still see more of Phineas and Ferb's cast in this series. Summer will start again soon, so I wish we could have more adventures with the brothers who can do anything.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
So has there ever been an example of another show production simply ceasing, but continuing again sometime later. And the resulting gap in between production only being an uncertain hiatus in hindsight?
I think SpongeBob is an example of this. Back when the show was meant to end after 3 seasons, production on the series stopped in 2002 in order to focus on the first movie , and then the show was renewed for season 4 when proved successful. For a more straight example, production on season 9 was split in half in order to focus on the second movie.

Reactions: Mr.O

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Well, I hope Season 3 can actually come. Especially if we can still see more of Phineas and Ferb's cast in this series. Summer will start again soon, so I wish we could have more adventures with the brothers who can do anything.
Yeah, I kind of hope that they tone down the amount of Phineas and Ferb cast showing up in Milo Murphy if they do get a third season. Granted, that would be difficult to do when Doofenshmirtz has basically become part of the cast for this series and I imagine that they wanted to eventually show him becoming Professor Time, but I feel like the show relied too much on its Phineas and Ferb connection with this season. I enjoyed the crossover season premiere, but afterwards, Doofenshmirtz started to take up a bit too much attention away from the new characters. They still got some attention and there were still funny moments/episodes, but I don't think that adding more Phineas and Ferb characters into this series would be a good idea.

Chevistian C

Jan 7, 2017
Mexico
Dan says that a Season 3 Is Possible since the has been getting good ratings againts their run in Disney XD,but they are to busy working on Phineas And Ferb The Movie: Candace Againts The Universe to make a third season

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
I think SpongeBob is an example of this. Back when the show was meant to end after 3 seasons, production on the series stopped in 2002 in order to focus on the first movie , and then the show was renewed for season 4 when proved successful. For a more straight example, production on season 9 was split in half in order to focus on the second movie.
Thanks, you're right. This is a good example. Add to it the ratings aren't doing too bad now, I can be a bit hopeful. Even though this season was a step down in my honest opinion, the righting wasn't necessarily worse. I just wasn't too keen on the overall direction (Doofenshmirtz).

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
The series getting good ratings is definitely a promising sign. They'll be busy working on the upcoming Phineas and Ferb movie for awhile, but hopefully they'll be able to get another season of Milo Murphy afterwards. It might be a bit more plausible that they'll get another season down the road.

Reactions: Mr.O

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans trailer didn’t show Bumblebee, making me think either her stay on the Titans is temporary or i’m overthinking everything.
I wonder what Eddie Fitzgerald's up to...
Finally going to get to watch Shazam today! Can't wait :).

I found this interesting tweet thread from Jenny Calabro that definitely speaks volumes.