Miles From Tomorrowland Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Since there hasn't been a thread for Miles From Tomorrowland, I figured I would start it. I figured it would be a good place to talk about the show for anyone who wants to talk about it. I'll fill you in on the show if you're not familiar.

Miles From Tomorrowland is a Disney Junior show that premiered on February 6, 2015. It's the creation of Sascha Paladino, whose credentials include Ni Hao Kai Lan, Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, and much more. The show is about the Callisto family who live on a spaceship called the Stellosphere and work for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, or TTA for short.

Our main characters are protagonist Miles Callisto (voiced by Cullen McCarthy), his older sister Loretta Callisto (voiced by Fiona Bishop), pet robot ostrich MERC (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker), mother and captain Phoebe Callisto (voiced by Olivia Munn), and father and pilot Leo Callisto (voiced by Tom Kenny). Each episode involves the Callisto family going on some mission or doing some sort of activity that usually requires some sort of analytical thinking or science related concept to reach their goals.

Our writing staff so far consists of Sascha Paladino, Nicole Dubuc, Joe Ansolabehere, Greg Johnson, Lisa Kettle, Bradley Zweig, Eugene Son, Dean Stefan, Kevin Hopps, Marsha Griffin, Brian Swenlin, and Dustin Ferrer. Our directors include John Eng, Michael Daedalus Kenny, and Sue Perroto.

If you want my thoughts on the show, I really like it. It's not my favorite Disney Junior show (that goes to Sofia the First), but it is a very fun show that really takes advantage of the space setting and presents it in a way for kids to understand and everyone to enjoy. Plus, the Callisto family are well rounded characters with their own identifiable personalities.

What are your thoughts on the show, whether it's the characters, episodes, or anything else?

trance2009

Good night everybody!
I like it, its actually pretty clever. A lot of the writers work on more....advanced shows.

Sent from my Motorola phone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

I like it, its actually pretty clever. A lot of the writers work on more....advanced shows.

Sent from my Motorola phone using Tapatalk
I'd say writers from more advanced shows are on the show because of the show taking place in space, which lends itself to good action, which they specialize in. Nicole Dubuc for example has written for preschool shows like Pinky Dinky Doo and My Friends Tigger And Pooh and is co-creator of Transformers: Rescue Bots, an Action show. I'd say it's smart that she's on the show.

Lord Hater

Retired
Just saw an episode: It is actually a great show. I like how it doesn't treat the audience like they're dumb, unlike SOME preschool shows. It teaches you about science, but in an entertaining way.

SweetShop209

Since next week is Halloween, I figured it would be a good idea to review the Halloween episodes. Let's start.

Ghost Moon

Writer: Greg Johnson
Director: Sue Perroto

Here we have the first part to the show's Halloween special, and it's pretty good. The Callisto family is called to the planet Phantasmo to investigate a strange sound, but things take a turn for the worse with more unexpected sounds. This episode may not take place on Halloween, but it has the vibe to it. There's a nice, intense atmosphere as a lot of strange creatures keep popping up, and some good humor. It turns out a woman named Nuala was sending a distress signal for help, which is an interesting twist. It helps get across a good moral on not jumping to conclusions. It's a good episode.

Stormy Night In A Dark Nebula

Writer: Greg Johnson
Director: Sue Perroto

Here we have the second part to the show's Halloween special, and it's pretty good. The Callisto family is asked to check out a probe in a dark nebula to make sure no one is stranded. Unfortunately, everyone gets separated, so now they have to find each other. This episode has a creepier vibe than the previous one, which enhances the story. We get some imagery that's disturbing, but not too disturbing for younger viewers, and it gives off a creepy vibe as strange things keep happening. It turns out someone named Fossik was mining the place for gold. That's also a good twist, and it gets across a good moral on overcoming fear. It's a good episode.

SweetShop209

Galatech: Secrets Of The Black Hole

Writers: Greg Johnson & Sascha Paladino

Date: March 18, 2016

Miles From Tomorrowland has always done well in its 11 minute format, and this episode proves a 23 minute special can be done well too. This episode centers on the Callisto family being called to action when a black hole threatens to suck in the universe. However, it turns out it's actually the portal from the Builders' Society seen in "Hitchhikers Ride Through The Galaxy", prompting the Callistos to investigate, and try to fix the Stellosphere before things are too late. The main theme of the show is making connections with others, and learning to be friends, and it's done quite tastefully here. We get to see the full advantage of how these connections can help you out in a sticky situation with the Callistos asking the Builders due to the fact they're the only ones who cracked the code to their secret society. That's a really impressive moral. Even disregarding that, the stakes are the highest the show has ever done, giving things a great deal of tension, and enough humor to balance things out. As for the ending, let's just say it made the show a lot more awesome. I will not spoil it though. You have to check it out for yourself. It's a really great episode and a great way to close out season 1.

DonkeyKongSong

Yeah, it was my first time watching the show live, and I'm glad it was. This was a great episode, and a great closer for Season 1.

We've seen the connections work out when they tried to get Loretta to that public speaking event, and it works even better here. It's a shame they didn't get to see more of the Builder's city, but it makes sense in context. I hope they can come back soon and see the rest.

SweetShop209

According to this tweet, the next season of Miles From Tomorrowland starts in summer.

SweetShop209

Here's an article from the season finale with Buzz Aldrin's character. Also, instead of airing at 8am on the main channel, it's 9am on the Disney Junior channel.

SweetShop209

Connect And Protect

Writers: Greg Johnson & Sascha Paladino

Director: Michael Daedalus Kenny

Date: August 26, 2017

Synopsis: "Miles, Loretta, Blodger, Haruna, Mirandos, and Blodger get their final Cosmic Explorer Badge."

Here we are everyone, the season 2 finale of Miles From Tomorrowland. The show has definitely come a long way since it premiered back in February 2015. Let's see how the season wraps up. The movie starts with Miles, Loretta, Blodger, Haruna, Mirandos, and Blodger saving a group of Adorbix from a meteor, earning them their final Cosmic Explorer Badge. They're made into the newest recruits for the Tomorrowland Mission Center, where their first mission is to stop a starship called The Falco from destroying a city. While they do that, they aren't able to disable the security system, which causes Miles to doubt his skills as team leader when he almost endangered a lot of lives. Things are made worse when Uncle Joe and Luminix are trapped on the ship when trying to disable the security system, and are headed to the sun. Now our brave heroes must work together to save the day. One thing this movie does really well is establishing the importance of teamwork and realizing you don't have to go things alone. To go into more detail, we start with Miles. Miles is all about doing what he can to prove himself, and is not one to accept when he fails. It's interesting to see the new angle explored with this side of his character. He feels a responsibility to always be there for others, thinking that he needs to be the one to do it, all by himself. It's a conflict that works since his mistakes merely stem from overconfidence, and he never acts egotistical in the slightest. This movie also gets points for weaving educational material into its moral. Early on, Admirals Watson and Crick mention how they embody the five core elements of education: Leadership, science, engineering, arts, science. Miles represents leadership. Loretta represents science. Mirandos embodies engineering. Blodger is one for the arts. Haruna is one for math. Throughout the movie, we get to see them in action, and how they all need each other. Miles has good leadership by being able to think up plans and is kind to others, but can often be rash and impulsive, leading to his screw ups. Loretta is a super genius with a knack for technology, but at the same time, she's more about being hypothetical and analytical, and less hands on. Mirandos knows the ins and outs of how various machines work, and is also generally intelligent, but she tends to be more on maintaining and improving rather than making her own inventions. Blodger has a generally eccentric personality, but he knows how to use that behavior and think of creative, if silly, methods to get out of trouble. Haruna is someone who's got both smarts and strength, but like Loretta, is not very proactive. It's the combination of these personalities that makes for great chemistry and teamwork, showing why they need each other. As for entertainment, there is plenty of intense action with well done choreography. The humor is witty and clever, while the emotion rings hard and true. This leads to our moral: "Never think you have to go things alone when things go wrong. Always realize that there are others to help you out.". It's a great movie and a great way to finish season 2.

SweetShop209

It looks like were getting shorts

Season 3 premieres on October 16

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts