Mickey Mouse (2013) Series Talkback

Dudley

Staff member

Here's another episode

A look in the YouTube comments revealed to me that the guy running Casey Jr. was Casey Jones from the Classic Disney short “The Brave Engineer”.
I like it when they add characters from their shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TsWade2

I've just found out on twitter that the next Mickey Mouse short called Springtime coming this Saturday at 7:55am that it's going to be an Fantasia kind of short.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mickey Mouse "Springtime"

Fantasia homage! Right down to the symphony hall opening. Great music. Great animation. I'm pretty sure they used a full orchestra for this one. They even used them in the end title too!

Rare cameo for Humphrey the Bear.

I loved it. But then, Fantasia is one of my favorite Disney films. *****.

TsWade2

Love the Fantasia homage. I'm disappointed that we didn't get see other characters from Fantasia as cameos like, Hyacinth Hippo, Ben Ali Gator, Chinese Mushrooms, Fairies, Centaurs, Centerettes, Pegasuses, or that Spring Sprite from Fantasia 2000. We got Chernabog appearing a couple a times and ostriches, but not other characters from Fantasia. Anyway, I love Pete as the evil Winter God and Minnie Mouse as the Spring Goddess. Love the music and the animation. And Mickey looks adorable as a....spring pied piper? Also, glad to see Humphrey the Bear again for is second cameo appearance. Great short.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mickey Mouse "Dumb Luck"

Love the idea that the penny is only a temporary fix.

I laughed at Goofy honking Pluto's nose as he chased him.

Goofy singing "The World Owes Me A Living" is a classic Disney gag.

The killer whale in the frog pond made me laugh.

I love that Mickey has a bite taken out of his one of his ears, and two tranquilizer darts in the other.

Funny episode. ***1/2.

TsWade2

Mickey Mouse "Dumb Luck"

Love the idea that the penny is only a temporary fix.

I laughed at Goofy honking Pluto's nose as he chased him.

Goofy singing "The World Owes Me A Living" is a classic Disney gag.

The killer whale in the frog pond made me laugh.

I love that Mickey has a bite taken out of his one of his ears, and two tranquilizer darts in the other.

Funny episode. ***1/2.
And they include Cyril Proudbottom from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.

Dudley

Staff member
Something about the way Monstro pops up and swallows Mickey and Gubbles really made me ROFL.

TsWade2

Something about the way Monstro pops up and swallows Mickey and Gubbles really made me ROFL.

I didn't realize that was Monstro at first. And i see the skull of Pinocchio. That's a little much, but LOL!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mickey Mouse "Flushed!"

Not much to say this week except that whoever thought to name Mickey's fish "Gubbles" a couple of seasons ago is a bonafide genius. It is like the perfect name for a cartoon goldfish. Just the way Mickey screams it is hilarious. And the delivery is 90% due to the name. I'm certain of it. Mickey's voice actor has very light stretching duties during Gubbles weeks. The name screams itself in that high falsetto. I repeat: Genius.

By the way, I respect Pinocchio's skull. Completely.

Great episode. ****.

zoombie

So what is this, is this for kids or adults, because some of the meta humor, is just hilarious. "New Shoes" was something I never knew I wanted.

Donald finally gets to be the star, and I guess he sees the down side, so he won't be trying to steal the Mickey Mouse Club anymore I guess.

In the classic shorts, Chip n Dale and Donald's nephews were never in the same place, poor Donald could never handle that, but I guess it finally happens. But if you want all of Donald's enemies, you are missing a couple of notable ones. No Gladstone Gander he might be Donald's worst enemy (outside of real villains like the Beagle Boys) Gladstone is someone who really gets on Donald's last nerve even worse than Chip n Dale and Cousin Gus, while he might not trying to antagonist Donald, he was a big annoyance. Having those characters would be the ultimate.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mickey Mouse "Roll 'Em"

Did they jazz up the end title theme this season, or was that for this episode because it was Hollywood themed?

What Disney cartoon was that King in before? I've seen him but I don't remember.

Best lines:

"Gotcher hoagies right here!"

"'Scuse us! Love your work!"

"Homina homina homina!"

Unfortunately the end was dumb. Mickey and Minnie should not have shown up on the footage because the camera wasn't rolling when the film unspooled. I get that this is just a dumb cartoon, but I don't like that excuse.

Great cartoon otherwise. ****1/2.

TsWade2

Well, I found out that Roll 'Em is the last Mickey Mouse short for season 4, but season 5 of Mickey Mouse shorts is coming soon. Just for that, once again I'm made a wish list for season 5. Some of repetitive wishes, some new wishes, and some miscellaneous wishes. Here we go:

Repetitive Wishes

1. As much as I appreciate they gave Horace Horsecollar more appearances, but I want them to give him an speaking role. So hopefully they do that on the next season.

2. We've so far got a few characters from Fantasia making cameo appearances like Chernabog and the dancing Ostriches from Dance of the Hours, and I love what they did a short that's like Fantasia, but maybe a few more characters from Fantasia wil be nice like Hyacinth Hippo, Ben Ali Gator, the cute and cuddly baby black and white pegasus like so:https://78.media.tumblr.com/4c6cae25fd31c09e291f1c8911e2dcbb/tumblr_nvcut5e97a1uy27rro3_1280.jpg Centaurs and Centaurettes, Magic Brooms, and maybe a Fantasia 2000 character the Spring Sprite.

3. Make a short that takes place from Greece so they can have Hercules as cameo.

4 Make an Arabian short with Aladdin as cameo. Even though Jafar made a cameo appearance.

5. Make a short takes place in Savannah Africa with Lion King cameos.

6. Give Oswald the Lucky Rabbit more appearances and give him a speaking role. And maybe, give Ortensia an appearance.

New Wishes

7. Make another Japanese short.

8. Make another Mexican short.

9. Include the song Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty and give Briar Rose AKA Princess Aurora a cameo appearance.

10. Give Tinkerbelle a cameo appearance.

11. Make fun of Hannah Montana like they did with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

12. Give Chip 'N' Dale as temporarily foes of Mickey, but later make friends with him like they did to Spike the Bee.

13. Give Elliott the Dragon from Pete's Dragon a cameo appearance.

Miscellaneous Wishes

14. More holiday specials like Valentines Day, Easter, and Thanksgiving.

15. Give Mickey Mouse his own Disney Channel Original Movie. And like I said earlier, I like to see Paul Rudish and his crew make Hannah Montana a villain like the Warner Bros did to Scrappy Doo in the Live Action movie of Scooby Doo.https://www.deviantart.com/jbwarner86/art/Mickey-Vs-Miley-73498400 Sorry, I know she didn't replace Mickey Mouse as mascot of Disney, but I hate Hannah Montana and I don't care the teenagers who grew up liking Hannah Montana when it airs will get mad.

And that's my wish list for season 5. But keep in mind, my list is no guaranteed it'll happen.

Last edited:

zoombie

I don't know if they have done this already. But I want an episode in which Daisy is jealousy of Minnie getting kidnapped all the time. And does what she can so guys like Pete and other villains find more kidnapable.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
I don't know if they have done this already. But I want an episode in which Daisy is jealousy of Minnie getting kidnapped all the time. And does what she can so guys like Pete and other villains find more kidnapable.

Heh, your idea reminds me of this.

63429d65fd9c23e57d8964581b13d059.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts