Mickey Mouse (2013) Series Talkback

Latest News & Videos

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Mar 21, 2005
Puerto Rico
Hahahaha. That was awesome. Hopefully the other 18 shorts will this great as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toons4ever

May 17, 2009
New York
That was pretty good, loved the old school animation look they were going for and the Cindrella reference, and everyone speaking in France was a nice touch. Can't wait to seethe rest of these.

Choppasmith

Nov 30, 2010
Beaumont, CA
That was really really nice. Wow, I didn't know it was done by the same studio as Kick Buttowski, I never would have known. Let's hope they use these to finally phase out those BLAM! shorts UGH.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That was pretty good. The art style was really nice and had kind of a toonish feel to it. The Cinderellla reference was funny and everyone speaking French was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these shorts.

CLXcool

Mar 7, 2013
I hope this would lead to having a Mickey mouse movie with this style of animation(although, I am not holding my breathe on it though). A tv series of this would nice though. I really enjoyed the first. I can't wait for the rest of the shorts.

Also does anyone know if Stephen Destefano worked on this? The style here reminds me a bit of his work.

Daffyfan2003

Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
Wait. That wasn't just dubbed in French? I don't think I've heard the new voice of Mickey since Wayne Allwine died, so was that Bret Iwan doing Mickey speaking French? I'm a bit confused here.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Even if these are just shorts like what I just saw, for example... This better last a good long time, that's for sure - This is what we need to see more of on this (if not any other) channel!

Simplistic as that sounds, this is looking like an entertainment goldmine if advertised proper - don't let me down, Disney (you've done that enough, and I'm tired of it, too, to boot.).

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
Nov 6, 2004
Florida, USA
I'm glad Disney decided to make more Mickey shorts. Especially for his 85th anniversary. I think the last time Disney did something for Mickey animation-wise on anniversary was on his 60th anniversary. That said, this short was great. I like how they gave Mickey and Minnie their classic 30's look. You don't really have to understand French to enjoy this short, as you can pretty much tell what's going on. Bring on the next 18 shorts.

Zen Man

Aug 3, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Great stuff and I loved the Cinderella reference. The animation was unique, but lively and I'm glad they bought back the classic 1930's look for the characters. Looking forward to seeing the other upcoming shorts w/ Mickey; though I wonder if some of them will feature his 1940's-present look?

Great stuff from Disney.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
Wait. That wasn't just dubbed in French? I don't think I've heard the new voice of Mickey since Wayne Allwine died, so was that Bret Iwan doing Mickey speaking French? I'm a bit confused here.
THey either got amazing soundalikes or it was just the normal US actors doing the script in French either by knowing it or practicing it. There really isn't much spoken dialogue, so it's not like it would be so difficult. It's really obvious for Daisy specifically that it's the US actor.

SF4Ever

Mar 29, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Good that Mickey will have new cartoon shorts, but a reminder for Disney- Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesser are still available to write future Mickey Mouse shorts, which would be a further step in a good direction.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what is upsetting about comedy central is that the network is always airing the office series too much
did you think that nickelodeon should slow down the reruns of spongebob and air the old spongebob episodes on nicktoons?
Since people were calling me out for this a few days ago, do you think I defend Nickelodeon too much?
What if cartoons of the past met cartoons of the future?
Coming Tommorow:The reveal of Toonverse,a new kids channel concept!
Tis the place where toons live!
I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (65) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (48) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (39) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).