Mickey Mouse (2013) Series Talkback

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

May 17, 2009
Ratings
New York
That was pretty good, loved the old school animation look they were going for and the Cindrella reference, and everyone speaking in France was a nice touch. Can't wait to seethe rest of these.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
That was pretty good. The art style was really nice and had kind of a toonish feel to it. The Cinderellla reference was funny and everyone speaking French was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these shorts.

Mar 7, 2013
I hope this would lead to having a Mickey mouse movie with this style of animation(although, I am not holding my breathe on it though). A tv series of this would nice though. I really enjoyed the first. I can't wait for the rest of the shorts.

Also does anyone know if Stephen Destefano worked on this? The style here reminds me a bit of his work.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,795 10
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
Even if these are just shorts like what I just saw, for example... This better last a good long time, that's for sure - This is what we need to see more of on this (if not any other) channel!

Simplistic as that sounds, this is looking like an entertainment goldmine if advertised proper - don't let me down, Disney (you've done that enough, and I'm tired of it, too, to boot.).

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
Nov 6, 2004
Ratings
Florida, USA
I'm glad Disney decided to make more Mickey shorts. Especially for his 85th anniversary. I think the last time Disney did something for Mickey animation-wise on anniversary was on his 60th anniversary. That said, this short was great. I like how they gave Mickey and Minnie their classic 30's look. You don't really have to understand French to enjoy this short, as you can pretty much tell what's going on. Bring on the next 18 shorts.

Zen Man

Aug 3, 2007
Ratings
Baton Rouge, LA
Great stuff and I loved the Cinderella reference. The animation was unique, but lively and I'm glad they bought back the classic 1930's look for the characters. Looking forward to seeing the other upcoming shorts w/ Mickey; though I wonder if some of them will feature his 1940's-present look?

Great stuff from Disney.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Ratings
807 4
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
Wait. That wasn't just dubbed in French? I don't think I've heard the new voice of Mickey since Wayne Allwine died, so was that Bret Iwan doing Mickey speaking French? I'm a bit confused here.
THey either got amazing soundalikes or it was just the normal US actors doing the script in French either by knowing it or practicing it. There really isn't much spoken dialogue, so it's not like it would be so difficult. It's really obvious for Daisy specifically that it's the US actor.

SF4Ever

Mar 29, 2006
Ratings
Dayton, Ohio
Good that Mickey will have new cartoon shorts, but a reminder for Disney- Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesser are still available to write future Mickey Mouse shorts, which would be a further step in a good direction.

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY
Happy 35th anniversary to A Christmas Story, happy 20th anniversary to PPG, and happy 90th birthday to Mickey Mouse!