MeTV Launching Toon in with Me

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Hey, apologies for the double post, but Bill posted on the Facebook group I'm in for fans of Toon in With Me about their immediate plans-post Leila.

FWDR6iQWIAURwRK

Hi Everybody. It's me Bill, from the show.
I found out this Facebook page existed a few months ago, and I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate your support and commitment to Toon in With Me. I’m very proud of what we do, and knowing that you’re loving us, or liking us, or tolerating us, only makes us work harder, and hopefully better.
I also want to acknowledge Jon Cooke, who runs this page, and does a magnificent job at it. Thank you Jon for creating this platform!
Today’s show was very emotional. Actually, every emotion I have in me came into play when Leila told us she was leaving. Leila is easily one of the most talented people I’ve ever met or worked with, and her abilities are endless. I’m positive she’ll turn up on Saturday Night Live or something similar or better. She left on extremely amicable terms and will not be easy to replace.
So, what now? We all decided that it would be best to not rush into anything. Kevin is still there, as is Yazmin, as am I. Also, a strong team of writers and a technical crew that makes the magic happen. We decided to spend the summer showing more cartoons and to search and reconfigure a bit behind the scenes and in front of the camera.
I know that some of you like the cartoons and don’t like the bits. I know that some of you like the bits but don’t like the cartoons. I know that some of you enjoy both. I know that some of you hate both. (Hello Andrew.) It’s impossible to make everyone happy. Just know, we will definitely miss Leila, no question, but we’re all in the business of fun, and unlike baby formula, we have a lot in stock.
Thanks for reading this LONG manifesto, and for watching us!
Bill

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Did Kevin Fleming retire his characters too?
Assuming you mean those besides Toony, I would doubt it (in fact, one of them- Felton Fanboy- appeared in the Superman-themed episode). I think they're just keeping things to a minimum while they figure out what to do post-LG. Which leads to this tidbit...

Two episodes this week- "Mice!" and "What's Up, Dog?"- contained six cartoons apiece (the former episode was even advertised as such), with minimal content in the hosted segments and no solo (i.e. without a cartoon attached) segment in the middle.

Low Spark of Lyman

She voiced a wall fish.
Are you sure it wasn't someone else doing that voice? Or maybe even archive audio?

Anyway, tomorrow's episode looks interesting. They'll actually be focusing on vintage animated commercials (60s and 70s, IIRC). I have no idea if they'll still show the usual sorts of cartoon shorts or not, though.

EDIT: Here's the episode description: "Bill and Toony show vintage TV commercials, and show classic cartoons, including Tex Avery's take on early TV. " Heh, I thought TV of Tomorrow (or some similar Avery cartoon) might be on there.

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

1. Next week will be dedicated to Bugs Bunny, including "special guests and surprises". On a related note, tomorrow's episode of Collector's Call will deal with a Bugs Bunny collector, and will feature an appearance by Jeff Bergman, one of the modern voices of Bugs.

2. The August 2nd episode will pay tribute to Max Fleischer with cartoons that are considered rare on television, with clips of "Poor Cinderella" (which was previously shown on the series, and already described as rare due to its length), "Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves" (at least that's what I think it was), and a Superman cartoon.

3. The show has occasionally (often?) continued with the six cartoon format- not surprising given the aforementioned circumstances. Interestingly, reruns haven't been used much.

EDIT: It was actually "Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor". That cartoon aired today along with the aforementioned "Poor Cinderella", plus "Let's Sing with Popeye" and "The Mechanical Monsters".

And for those curious, the guests that were on last week were animation historian Jerry Beck, Space Jam co-writer Leo Benvenuti, and modern Bugs voice Eric Bauza.

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Warner Bros. should create computer-colorized versions of the B&W Popeye cartoons (which would be miles better than the 1980s redrawns) for Toon in with Me to show, as well as to release for other formats.

Moe

Warner Bros. should create computer-colorized versions of the B&W Popeye cartoons (which would be miles better than the 1980s redrawns) for Toon in with Me to show, as well as to release for other formats.
MeTV paid for digitalization and restoration if it wasn't digitalized at first place, not WB.

MeTV air shorts unedited and uncensored, exception of few objections because of FCC regulation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts