MeTV Launching Toon in with Me

Moe

Obviously it will, they have to fulfill the E/I quota somehow

I'm all for repeal the E/I requirement and all forms of children's programming are acceptable, even if they have no educational value.

Most kids use phone and tablet to access to educational materials so they don't care about TV anymore.

Moe

I wish that Hulu Live add MeTV so my area is awful to receive OTA channel.

dth1971

Aren't the Hanna-Barbera 1960's shorts with Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Hokey Wolf, Snagglepuss, Augie Doggie, Magilla Gorilla, and others Warner Bros. property nowadays?

dth1971

Wonderful news.

Hey Cozi TV, now's your chance to finally bring wipe the dust off of those Walter Lantz, Felix the Cat, and Harveytoons cartoons.
If Universal/Comcast, owners of Cozi TV and the Walter Lantz and Harveytoon library, they could reboot the PB&J subchannel and even show the Filmation and Jay Ward library it owns.

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Really I miss the old cartoons. That I used to grow up with as a kid of the 1980's. Getting up with my siblings in the mornings on Saturday! Wished my nephews now in their early to late 20 had that growing up along with children of their own. Sad!

Corwin Haught

Aren't the Hanna-Barbera 1960's shorts with Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Hokey Wolf, Snagglepuss, Augie Doggie, Magilla Gorilla, and others Warner Bros. property nowadays?

Yes, but Me is probably focused on the library of WB-owned theatrical cartoons that they have termed the greatest ever made.

dth1971

Yes, but Me is probably focused on the library of WB-owned theatrical cartoons that they have termed the greatest ever made.
But for the Tom and Jerry cartoons, Me TV won't show the 1970's-2000's T&J TV shorts (The 1975 Hanna-Barbera incarnation, the 1980 Filmation incarnation, the early 1990's Tom and Jerry Kids, and the 2006 Tom and Jerry Tales). Same for the Popeye TV shorts (early 1960's versions and the 1978-1982 Hanna-Barbera version).

ElectricAngel

Schedules are up for January 2nd and we know all the cartoons they'll be showing.
1mTByIJ.png

There's also something called MeTV's Cartoon Kick Off Show.
ky5xxbO.png

I wonder if this is just bonuses thrown at prime time or if we're getting any hosts? Can't seem to find any info about it online.

Edit: Kick Off Show is also playing Jan 1st.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts