MeTV Launching Toon in with Me

SpaceCowboy

So, The Cartoon Kick-Off Show is on right now. Awesome. But, one really odd thing that struck me is the TV-PG rating. Why?... The Looney Tunes shorts were TV-G on Boomerang and Cartoon Network. Perhaps it's due to the violence and guns, but unless the edgier content was cut on CN and Boomerang, I see no reason for a PG label.
It's probably just a cover. Unlike CN, MeTV broadcasts over-the-air in many markets which is subjected to stricter standards than cable channels.

Last edited:

ElectricAngel

Aw dang I completely forgot to set my recording :( Did they do anything special for their first morning show? I was hoping I wouldn't miss it ;-;

Looney Turtles

Aw dang I completely forgot to set my recording :( Did they do anything special for their first morning show? I was hoping I wouldn't miss it ;-;
This is why I have all episodes set to automatically record. I also try to watch them live as they air, which I did this morning. Then I take the DVR recordings, and record the episodes to DVD. I like to preserve these.

MeTV has handled the airing of these cartoons very well so far. Unlike Boomerang, where the airings of the classic shorts have been on auto-pilot for the past several years now.

Last edited:

homeofthebadguys

This is why I have all episodes set to automatically record. I also try to watch them live as they air, which I did this morning. Then I take the DVR recordings, and record the episodes to DVD. I like to preserve these.

MeTV has handled the airing of these cartoons very well so far. Unlike Boomerang, where the airings of the classic shorts have been on auto-pilot for the past several years now.
>perserve
Imagine the wall of DVDs that this might make... Being honest, a USB hard disk might be better.

>MeTV has handled the airing of these cartoons very well so far.
As I said, the only fault is that all of the cartoons seemed to be panned for 16:9 screens, given what I saw in the premiere special (I keep missing the actual block due to waking up late).

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
Going by the choice of cartoons and the live-action segments, each episode is going to be themed after... something.

Episode 1 is focused on eating. Episode 2 is focused on Bad Luck.

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
^What do the other episodes focus on?
I'm not sure about the 3rd, but the 4th is themed on cartoon making(I think) and the 5th is themes on... air flight?

I'm getting this through Direct TV.

Also of note, Episode 3 is the first time we don't get a Popeye Cartoon.

Last edited:

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
I have to say how very pleased I am with how back into the vault MeTV's been getting with some of these cartoons, notably some of the earliest Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, like seeing a cartoon with Beans... that I'm 100% certain I'd never seen before until just recent. At some point, Nickelodeon may no longer be the last network I see a lot of them which still holds true.

I'll admit, Toon in with Me has a nice 90s feel to it, but, I've yet to (fully?) enjoy the segments between the cartoons with Bill, Toony and others, as they haven't clicked with me yet. Depending on commercials, you could usually do 6, maybe 7 cartoons in a 60 minute period, but with each morning's show having some sort of theme and wanting to do the segments, is why there's about only 5 - unless I'm miscounting. That goes to say that I do appreciate the effort going into the block. It's like Cartoon Planet and ToonHeads into one with the segments and theme for the show respectively. I'll keep trying, but, I'll still watch anyway of course for the toons.

I liked the first Saturday morning, and like how Tom & Jerry add other MGM cartoons in the mix. Strange first hour of it too, as all the T&J shorts shows were either that of Chuck Jones' or Gene Deitch's. Not one HB T&J short in that hour.

Makes sense for Popeye's hour which opens the block up, would include Betty Boop. I'd only seen 2-3 ever if that, so I'll be able to enjoy those as they show up.

Thanks to MeTV, for really digging in there with that far back into the vault with these cartoons, especially to get me watching them again, even T&J + LT. Late December was only the first time since early '18 I'd watched any LT at all - for a reason that's not about the abundance I've seen 'em.

Dr.Pepper

My dad was watching this block earlier today. I only saw the last bit of Tom & Jerry and the first bit of Bugs Bunny. I think it’s weird that they had a TV-PG rating. They were TV-G on Cartoon Network. I’m pretty sure similar cartoons were TV-Y on channels like ABC on Saturday morning.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Blathers' museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives me some Foster's Home vibes
Is it wrong that I think Gwyneth Paltrow is fairly useless? Yeah, she was Pepper. But what good has she done lately besides creating the stupidest headlines imaginable?
Loving the rumor of a BTAS revival. Personally I would far prefer a JLU one, but maybe this could lead to that.

Here is my major suggestion for the BTAS revival:

MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY

Contd...
I am now old enough to drink! I'm 21!
I find it interesting how Jason Spisak has done voice work for plenty of DC projects, yet he's never been in one with Andrea Romano as the voice director. Even in non-DC projects, he's never been in a project she worked on.

Featured Posts