"Merry Little Batman" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
merrylittlebatman.jpg

A new animated movie Merry Little Batman is in the works for the "Acme Night" programming block on Cartoon Network and HBO Max.

Merry Little Batman
An animated family action comedy destined to join the rogue's gallery of classic holiday movies. When a six-year-old Damian Wayne finds himself alone in Wayne Manor, he must transform into "Little Batman" in order to defend his home and Gotham City from the crooks and super-villains intent on destroying Christmas. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on characters from DC, Merry Little Batman is Executive Produced and directed by Mike Roth (Regular Show) from a screenplay by Morgan Evans (Earth to Ned).

Comments?

Stay tuned for further updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

Medinnus

Staff member
It all depends on the execution ;).

Well, to be fair, you can say that about most things...

One of my favorite quotes from a Marvel comics writer who was kvetching about continuity and that his critics were harping on it went something like: "Continuity is unimportant in pursuit of a good story." I agreed 100% but that his story and its execution were far from that threshold.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
12/06/2021:
James Mosley II is also helping produce the movie (it's in the Instagram page description). Posted this photo from a Warner Media event with the Merry Little Batman logo on a panel.

06/15/2022:
Via Variety's write-up of the WB Animation panel at Annecy.

“Merry Little Batman”

Billed as “an animated family action comedy destined to join the rogue’s gallery of classic holiday movies,” a sneak peek excerpt has six-year-old Damian Wayne alone in Wayne Manor as two thieves creep in to case the joint, but gasping in horror as they see Batman at the top of the stairs. It is, in fact, Damian perched on top of a giant vase, grinning with glee.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
06/15/2022:

“Merry Little Batman”

Billed as “an animated family action comedy destined to join the rogue’s gallery of classic holiday movies,” a sneak peek excerpt has six-year-old Damian Wayne alone in Wayne Manor as two thieves creep in to case the joint, but gasping in horror as they see Batman at the top of the stairs. It is, in fact, Damian perched on top of a giant vase, grinning with glee.
I'm curious to see how they characterize Damian in this...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

“Merry Little Batman”

lmao, definitely has a Home Alone vibe. But with Damien wonder how much they will push the envelope yet still keep it a family comedy.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Billed as “an animated family action comedy destined to join the rogue’s gallery of classic holiday movies,” a sneak peek excerpt has six-year-old Damian Wayne alone in Wayne Manor as two thieves creep in to case the joint, but gasping in horror as they see Batman at the top of the stairs. It is, in fact, Damian perched on top of a giant vase, grinning with glee.[/I]

When I think of how Damian started when he was introduced in the comics, I would say those crooks in this special will be getting off easy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
lmao, definitely has a Home Alone vibe. But with Damien wonder how much they will push the envelope yet still keep it a family comedy.
When I think of how Damian started when he was introduced in the comics, I would say those crooks in this special will be getting off easy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I hope they don't tone down or kiddify his personality. I want the arrogant little brat :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And now it's time for the first matchup of the first round. This matchup is between The Muppet Movie and Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird.

I am so excited about San Deigo Comic-Con going to check everything.
Palk Áron 2002 wrote on Giosiri's profile.
Love your avatar. Number 3 (I know it's Numbuh but I rather spell it normally) is my favorite female character from any CN original. :)
With Disney+ adding Anime in Japan and with CN and WBA producing new Anime and Action Cartoons, Paramount needs to do something to compete with Disney, Warner Bros, Netflix, AMC Networks and especially Sony in the Anime Market either buying an Anime Distributor, create a alliance with a Anime Studio or producing Anime in-house with a Anime Studio providing the animation production

Featured Posts