"Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this series of shorts!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Stop Doc Ock"

Didn't dig it.

I'll tell you why. Doc Ock calling herself evil hits my ear and my brain wrong. Everything I've learned about telling stories over the years is that you should almost NEVER have a villain do that. You get someone as self-aware as the Operative in Serenity, that's fine for him to describe himself as a monster, but almost all other types of villains believe they are the heroes of their own stories. This specific short tells me there is going to be something major about the series I don't like. Its views of morality and good and evil will be just as messed up as the cartoons from my youth, if thankfully much less violent. *.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a reminder that starting today, new shorts will be released weekly and not daily as before. Here are the next few titles.

Mokeying Around - June 28, 2021
Spidey and Ms. Marvel have to catch three cooky monkeys that have escaped from the zoo.

Power Practice - July 5, 2021
While Spidey and Miles are on patrol, they come upon a few civilian problems that help them practice their powers.

Road Raging Rhino - July 12, 2021
While Spidey and Black Panther enjoy a relaxing day at the amusement park, Rhino shows up to cause chaos and steal all the prizes.

Roxas_Sora

I know Marvel has had A LOT of different versions, some more "serious" while other were more "childish". We had "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and "Super Hero Squad Show". But this series, honestly, it's too "childish" even for a child.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Monkeying Around"

Those monkey are super cute. Do you know who else is? Miss Marvel! I want a plushie of her too! ****1/2.

Awest66

I know Marvel has had A LOT of different versions, some more "serious" while other were more "childish". We had "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and "Super Hero Squad Show". But this series, honestly, it's too "childish" even for a child.

That's a problem I've had with basically every show Marvel Animation has made under Jeph Loeb. Credit where it's due though, These shorts at least have better animation.

Frontier

Staff member
Here is The Spidey Team.

It's nice to see them hanging out and just having fun. We could've used more of that in the last Spidey cartoon...although Peter still has green eyes and a blue jacket :p.

Look, they have a transformation sequence! And Miles keeps swinging near the Spider-Man title even though he's not called that here :sweat:.
I like Gwen's pink hair. It's cute. ****.
Marvel Rising's legacy lives on in Gwen's pink highlights :).
Here is Monkeying Around.

Peter and Kamala, together again ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Power Practice"

Spin's powers are so cool! I like that his webbing is red. I also like the animation as the webbing shoots out for him and Spidey. It seems to spin as it stretches. Cool! ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Road Raging Rhino"

So refreshing to see a Marvel cartoon where T'Challa isn't a total jerk.

Rhino steals teddy bears because he sucks.

Cute. ***1/2.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts