"Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this series of shorts!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to discuss the new series of animated shorts, Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends, premiering today on both the Disney Channel and Disney Junior!

spidey.png
Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends
Debut - June 21, 2021 - 9:25am EDT/PDT (Disney Channel) & 7:25pm EDT/PDT (Disney Junior)
*New shorts will air daily, please check local listings for re-runs and keep in mind the shorts should also be available on DisneyNOW! The full Spidey and His Amazing Friends series premieres on August 6. A separate Talkback for that will be posted then.
Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends tells the story of Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, who together form Team Spidey and embark on heroic adventures to protect their community. Geared towards preschoolers and their families, the series models the importance of teamwork and helping others and highlights themes of friendship, cooperation and problem-solving.
Marvel's Spidey and his Amazing Friends is produced by Disney Junior and Marvel Entertainment in association with Atomic Productions. Harrison Wilcox (Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest) is executive producer, and Steve Grover (Hello Ninja) is supervising producer. Chris Moreno (Disney Junior's Muppet Babies) and Chris Gilligan (Disney Junior's T.O.T.S.) serve as supervising director and consulting director, respectively.
The series voice cast includes Benjamin Valic (Sonic the Hedgehog) as Peter Parker, Lily Sanfelippo (Disney Junior's The Chicken Squad) as Gwen Stacy and Jakari Fraser (Ben Is Back) as Miles Morales.

Shorts Guide (will be updated as more titles are announced)
WEB-STER - June 21, 2021
Peter introduces WEB-STER to the Spidey Team.

S.O.S. Kitty - June 21, 2021
Peter and Aunt May's kitten goes missing; Spidey comes to the rescue.

Spidey Mystery - June 22, 2021
Spidey calls upon Ghost-Spider to help track down a little girl's missing scooter.

A Helping Hulk - June 23, 2021
Spidey and Hulk team up to sneak into Doc Ock's secret lair.

Spidey Surprise - June 24, 2021
Spidey runs out of webs while fighting Green Goblin and calls upon his spider-bot friend, TRACE-E.

Rock-a-Bye Rhino - June 25, 2021
Spidey and Spin team up to stop Rhino's rampage.

Stop Doc Ock - June 26, 2021
The Spidey Team emerges to stop Doc Ock from using a super charged Star Diamond for an energy boost.

The Spidey Team - June 27, 2021
Peter, Gwen and Miles team up as the Spidey Team to stop Green Goblin.

Mokeying Around - June 28, 2021
Spidey and Ms. Marvel have to catch three cooky monkeys that have escaped from the zoo.

Power Practice - July 5, 2021
While Spidey and Miles are on patrol, they come upon a few civilian problems that help them practice their powers.

Road Raging Rhino - July 12, 2021
While Spidey and Black Panther enjoy a relaxing day at the amusement park, Rhino shows up to cause chaos and steal all the prizes.

Comments?

We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related Links:

"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "WEB-STER"

Miles new name is Spin? Interesting.

The animation in this show is already dynamite. Looking forward to this. ****.

Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "S.O.S. Kitty!"

This show is already eating Marvel Television's lunch. I see now how inadequate Jeph Loeb's tenure actually was.

It's good to have a theme song again. Again, I will not miss Jeph Loeb.

The show seems to be story based like Elena Of Avalor rather than kiddie moral based like Muppet Babies. That is good.

Liking what I'm seeing so far. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
Addressing the codename issue right off the bat. How much "spinning" is Miles going to be doing in this show o_O?

The youngest version of Spider-Man also has probably the comprehensive high-tech setup :p.

Wow, that's got to be the youngest looking Aunt May ever :sweat:.

Will they all have their own tranfsormation sequences :)?

Look at Peter Parker's cat! Actually, didn't he have a cat in the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts too....

Frontier

Staff member
Here is today's short, Spidey Mystery.

This show is definitely doing justice to how you'd expect these characters to move. Even Ghost Spider's gliding looks better than it did in the last cartoon :p.

Count on a police captain's daughter to know how to search for clues ;).

"Ghostie?" Is that a thing :confused:?

That donut truck driver must have so many questions :sweat:.

bigdaddy313

You know it’s sooo sad that the last thing from Marvel Television looks very nice, after all this years.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You know it’s sooo sad that the last thing from Marvel Television looks very nice, after all this years.
It's not Marvel Television. That's why it looks nice.

Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "Spidey Mystery"

Cute. I mentioned before how impressed I am with the animation but I think the music in the shorts is really good too. ***1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Meet Spidey And His Amazing Friends "A Helping Hulk"

This version of Hulk is great. Simply because he is so far outside of any other interpretation. There is no anger attached to him whatsoever. He's sunny, and bright, and always excited to help. And just to prove he's not actually a dope, after he untangles himself from the web blaster, he gives a ridiculously smoldering pout and says Very Seriously, "We've Got Work To Do."

I think his scale is wrong though. He's an adult and him and kid Spidey are the same scale as adult Hulk and Spidey in other projects. I notice these things, producers.

I want a plushie of that Hulk. Now. Heck, give me plushies for ALL the Amazing Friends. ****.

Roxas_Sora

I know this is a series for pre-school kids, but I really don't like Spidey and the other Spiders having little children's voices. Sounds very weird!

Frontier

Staff member
Here is Rock A Bye Rhino.

On the one hand, Rhino is finally a guy in a rhino suit and not a mutated Rhino man! On the other hand, that's the most high pitched I have ever heard Rhino's voice o_O.

Did Spin do any spinning :p?

"Arachno Blast?" Is "Venom Blast" not appropriate for kids :confused:?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts