McDonald's reteaming with Disney after 12 years!

Latest News & Videos

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017

After 12 years of severing their ties, McDonald's Corp. and The Walt Disney Company have restarted their partnership! The first Disney movie to be promoted at the fast food chain since 2006 will be Incredibles 2. What do you guys think of this, and what McDonald’s/Disney promotions from the past do you remember?

Reactions: Fone Bone

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
When I was a kid, it seemed as though every Disney movie in theaters or rereleased on home video had Happy Meal toys. I didn't even realize that relationship had been in flux.
I can only really remember having Snow White or 101 Dalmatians toys, or an Elastigirl figure I used to keep on my computer desk as a teenager. A couple of my favorite Happy meal sets were for Spider-Man TAS and for Marvel Super Heroes. These were pre buyout of course. The typical properties that appealed to boys (Marvel, Power Rangers, Hot Wheels, Transformers) was what attracted me more than the Disney stuff when I was school aged.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
A certain teriyaki dipping sauce sold to promote a certain animated movie in 1998 immediately comes to mind. I hope they make it available globally when the Mulan live action movie comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
I'm surprised they didn't drop there deal with Subway when the Jared fiasco happened. Now we can get the Seishawan sauce back during the Mulan Remake.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I wonder if we’ll have original character animations in the commercials like McDonalds has done for various other movie characters.
It’ll be a nice change of pace from the lackluster tie-in commercials Subway have been doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
i'm too old for Happy Meals and I don't like it when they make it healthy for the kids, but I'm glad Disney is going back promoting McDonalds like they did in the past.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
mattdeanart.com
Is it bad that I didn't even realize that this was a thing that happened twelve years ago?

Given how Disney has Marvel, Star Wars, and portions of Fox under their belt now, I don't see how this could go wrong.