McDonald's is suing people.... again

Latest News & Videos

podznvines

Lost in the Internet
Sep 4, 2009
a blue-green rock
I understand how "Big Mac" can be intellectual property, but "mac" itself? People have been calling macaroni and cheese "mac" before McDonald's came about.

Urusei Yatsura

The Revolutionist
Dec 31, 2008
California
While I agree that McDonalds shouldn't sue people for using the word Mac, the guy was pushing the line too far with choosing 'Little Mac' Obviously it's like 'Big Mac'. He could've put more thought into choosing the name.

veemonjosh

Bites the Dust
Sep 30, 2005
The Grid
At this point, they might as well sue Apple for naming their product "Macintosh". Or sue anyone who names their child "Mac". Or sue anyone who was born with a last name that starts with "Mc". Or sue any rapper whose stage name starts with "MC".

Really, this has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Jadeling

Apr 12, 2010
USA
www.fanfiction.net
This surprises people? It's like Texas Instruments. Half of their money comes from their calculators, and the other half comes from their legal department suing anyone they feel may have (see the may have part) ripped off their copyright designs.

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
Aug 6, 2004
California
Oh so that's where Lindsay Lohan got her idea from.
Attack every one who has the same name as there's.
I hope you run into some one with the name Mac.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
Apr 11, 2009
USA
Might as well sue Craig McCracken over one of the main characters of Foster's being named Mac.

chalmers

Role Model
Jul 7, 2009
Virginia
Hey, we have a bag of noodles labeled "Wacky Mac" in our pantry that was purchased at Fred Meyer. Perhaps McDonalds should consider suing the Kroger Company.

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
I think that the name "Little Mac" might have been pushing it a little bit, but it is still nothing to sue over.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonsville
animationnation.proboards20.com
Geez! How much more money does that clown need?

This sounds like another frivolous lawsuit that probably won't go anywhere. Right up there with Lindsay Lohan suing E*Trade and Hulk Hogan suing Post Cereals. I'm sure that people have been referring to macaroni and cheese as "Mac & Cheese" before there was a McDonald's. Why not just call the restaurant "Little Mac & Cheese"if McD's is going to be so snippy about words?

DisneyFan

Very Avid Rainbow Dash Fan
Jul 11, 2006
New Jersey
Umm...why would Hulk Hogan sue Post? If anything, Marvel Comics could sue Hulk Hogan. :p
I believe at some point they either did or threatened too. I was watching one of my wrestling DVD and they edited out the word "Hulk" when he came down to the ring.

Jtaylor1

Not 9000! It Burns!
Jun 8, 2008
A, A
I wish that people with Irish surnames and people from Ireland start an Irish civil rights protest saying that McDs cannot trademark their last names that start with "Mc". Just like when The Sci-Fi Channel (Syfy) cannot trademark the genre.