"Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution" (Netflix) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Just cast Troy Baker as He-Man and Steven Blum as Skeletor.

Will Friedle as Prince Adam.

No celebrity stunt casting please.
I think Friedle could probably do both Adam and He-Man. I figure they'll probably get someone who can believably do both roles :).

Steve Blum would be a menacing Skeletor, but I wonder if he could do it like Brian Dobson with matching the original voice while still coming off more sinister...

Draco Dracul

I think Friedle could probably do both Adam and He-Man. I figure they'll probably get someone who can believably do both roles :).

Steve Blum would be a menacing Skeletor, but I wonder if he could do it like Brian Dobson with matching the original voice while still coming off more sinister...
Friedle only has two voices, but they fit the two roles rather well.

StellaMagic

I just hope they put in the Evil-lyn x Clawful shipping. I have sensed electricity between them since "Things that Go Bump in the Night."

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

I would've wanted Brian Drummond as Skeletor, as it would be an actor allusion to his voice role as Death in The Hollow.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The cast list was announced.
Mark Hamill, Lena Headey, Chris Wood and Sarah Michelle Gellar headline the ensemble for Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an anime-style series on which Smith serves as showrunner. The series will focus on the unresolved storylines of the iconic characters in the He-Man universe, picking up where they left off decades ago.
Hamill will play the villainous Skeletor in the series. Game of Thrones star Headey plays Skeletor's right-hand woman, Evil-Lyn. Wood (Supergirl, ABC's Thirtysomething sequel) is Prince Adam/He-Man, and Gellar and Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones) play He-Man's cohorts Teela and Man-at-Arms, respectively.
The cast also includes Stephen Root, Diedrich Bader, Griffin Newman, Tiffany Smith, Henry Rollins, Alan Oppenheimer, Susan Eisenberg, Alicia Silverstone, Justin Long, Jason Mewes, Phil LaMarr, Tony Todd, Cree Summer, Kevin Michael Richardson, Kevin Conroy and Harley Quinn Smith. Oppenheimer, who plays Moss Man in the new show, was the voice of Skeletor in the 1983 He-Man series.

EDIT:
More roles mentioned on Twitter.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I'm willing to bet Mark gives him a voice similar to the voice he used for The Skeleton King on Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go.

StellaMagic

Wow, that is a pretty all-star voice cast. I love it :D.

I'm also glad Chris Wood found a role in a major nerd franchise that could be positive for him :).

I'm curious what Hamill's Skeletor will sound like compared to other similar roles he's had...
Still, where's Clawful and Kobra Khan?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts