"Masters Of The Universe" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Hmm. If Retalliation turns out to be good, I'll anticipate this. If Retalliation turns out to be nasty, than I'll have to hope that this gets shelved fast.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
I just hope it will actually be a Masters of the Universe movie, and not another in-name-only project (like the one at Warner Bros. was more or less going to be, as I understand it). Additionally, I hope it will actually be a Masters of the Universe movie, and not more industry sarcasm (which could include, but may not be limited to, another comedic tribute/parody that doesn't know what it's talking about). More broadly, I hope it will actually be a Masters of the Universe movie, and not just one person/entity's personal vision of the MOTU intellectual property (including, but not limited to how that person/entity thinks it should be marketed). The project actually hasn't gotten off the ground yet, but when/if it does, and being an inherently family-oriented IP (just saying), I hope this will be a movie for every member of the family, and not just the older fans and/or parents who saw previous versions when they were younger. In any event, I really would like to watch this movie, but not if they're going to play the whole "they won't know the difference/care" card again...

Master Toon

Aug 12, 2007
USA
I get the feeling that a lot characters will have to be changed to be more "realistic" but I don't mind because I know that's how these adaptations work.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy birthday to Roger Craig Smith (45), Will Friedle (44), and Alyson Stoner (27). Roger's roles include Batman, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Captain America. Will's roles include Terry McGinnis/Batman, Ron Stoppable, and Peter Quill/Star Lord. Allyson's roles include Isabella (Phineas And Ferb), Batgirl (Young Justice, Lego DC DVD movies), and Sam Sharp.
Here's a picture of Danica McKellar with her mother. It's impressive how similar they look. I could've sworn they were sisters. I know the picture is from 2015, but still.

Remember when social media wasn't so toxic?
Happy 58th birthday Alan.