"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
We can look ahead in the scenarios currently established.
There's no Winter Soldier for Captain Carter, so there's no Civil War, which would mean a completely united front against whoever the Infinity Gauntlet wielder is.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
We can look ahead in the scenarios currently established.
There's no Winter Soldier for Captain Carter, so there's no Civil War, which would mean a completed united front against whoever the Infinity Gauntlet wielder is.
We don't even know if Tony is Iron Man.

Peggy could be pro-Accords unlike Steve and that have a surprise ripple effect...

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
We don't even know if Tony is Iron Man.

Peggy could be pro-Accords unlike Steve and that have a surprise ripple effect...
The "Enemy Within sans Winter Soldier" movie would be enough to have Peggy cast doubt on government control of heroes...actually rather strange how well the events of that can transpire without sleeper agent Bucky.

The fact that they made Iron Man Mark I so early on suggests there would have been more Iron Men since Peggy disappeared.

Frontier

Staff member
The "Enemy Within sans Winter Soldier" movie would be enough to have Peggy cast doubt on government control of heroes...actually rather strange how well the events of that can transpire without sleeper agent Bucky.

The fact that they made Iron Man Mark I so early on suggests there would have been more Iron Men since Peggy disappeared.
But it would be an interesting contrast point with Steve, especially since Peggy founded SHIELD to begin with.

And Tony might not have had any reason to become Iron Man.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
But it would be an interesting contrast point with Steve, especially since Peggy founded SHIELD to begin with.

And Tony might not have had any reason to become Iron Man.
In this continuity, Steve would most likely be the founder when it was formed after WWI. I don't think that changes the trajectory significantly given the What If? episode basically spelled out it's more or less the same story only a different Captain at the helm.

On the other hand, Tony Stark's obvious reason would be to follow someone else's footsteps.

the greenman

On the other hand, Tony Stark's obvious reason would be to follow someone else's footsteps.

That could be an interesting ep. Tony being mentored by Stane possibly. Wondering if that would really have gone anywhere. One of my gripes was making Hammer on the same level as Tony, when he kinda should've been on the level of Stane.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts