"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
At the 6:58 minutes mark in this video, they also mention there's apparently an episode with Tom Holland as Hawkeye.

It's kind of funny how this was posted last year in July when the show was officially announced, though I haven't seen it mentioned here or anywhere else until recently.
I mean...points for doing some surprising stuff but Peter Parker as Hawkeye is random even by What If standards. Did they just spin a wheel of random pairings they could do and just call it a day :confused:?

I'd think a more obvious "What If" would be "What If Peter Parker succeeded Tony Stark as Iron Man," at least if we're talking the MCU interpretation :shrug:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
5/27:
Yeah, so far the What Ifs we know of are starting to feel like character mix and match. Hopefully, this still leads to all of the What If? craziness we know from the comics. Something as random as Peter becoming the new Hawkeye has to lead to something as crazy as Dormammu biting off the Earth's southern hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5/29:

Mo-Cap, ehh? I wonder what capacity they'll be using it it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxas_Sora

A What If...? for each MCU's movie released until now. Well, I have some ideas about them:

+ "Avengers: Endgame": What If Thanos eliminated the other half of the universe? You know, the eliminated ones survived and the survivors were eliminated instead.
+ "Iron Man": What If Yinsen Ho survived instead of Tony Stark?
+ "Avengers: Age of Ultron": What If Scarlet Witch died instead of Pietro?

I know some of these ideas were already explored, but they are still interesting.

Frontier

Staff member
5/29:

Mo-Cap, ehh? I wonder what capacity they'll be using it it.

Considering the animation is CG and they're deliberately trying to match the live-action actors as much as possible...I have to imagine that's the main intention of using motion capture.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That's pretty interesting. Previously it was reported Squeeze worked on 5 episodes for the show. With Flying Bark doing another 3, I wonder what other studios might be involved with the project. The first season was supposed to have 10 episodes in total, but there's really no guarantee these 8 episodes we know about are in the same season.

Frontier

Staff member
In a tragic turn of events, Chadwick Boseman passed away at the age of 43. Depending on how far into production they were for this show, the What If?... episode(s) he stars in will probably be his final MCU roles. I imagine there will be at least a tribute for him if this is the case.
God, I didn't even realize until now that this might be posthumously his last role and his last appearance as T'Challa. Definitely makes it more poignant.

Roxas_Sora

Gosh! I feel sorry for all his family.

But wait, does this mean Black Panther won't appear on the MCU anymore? Or they will just replace him like they did for Bruce Banner and James Rhodes?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah do you mind waiting at least like a couple of weeks or so before asking about that Roax? As yeah it's an important question Marvel/Disney are going to have to address but it's not something that should be done when the body is still sadly so fresh.

But yeah as Chadwick did do VA work on that episode (that I believe is what if T'Challa wound up becoming Star Lord) that will sadly be his last Marvel work. I doubt there's anything super poignant about that particular episode that ties to Chadwick's tragedy like what Mako's tribute with Iroh in the Avatar "Tales of Ba Sing Se" ep but you know should still be good to hear him one last time.

Roxas_Sora

*Any problem in the forums? I wasn't able to post anything for a while*

Anyway, I didn't want to sound insensitive, but as fan of MCU and its actors, this is definitely a hard hit for the fanbase. I was expecting to see Black Panther's sequel with Chadwick's fantastic talent, and now....

RIP, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts