"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Collider has a slightly more detailed description of the D23 What If?... footage.
Black Star-Lord? I wonder if that means the Ravagers picked up another kid or Ego wanted someone else :confused:.

I thought the Steve as Iron Man story went alongside Super Soldier Peggy, but it sounds like it might be the Iron Man episode.

Doesn't seem like there's any kind of hard chronology/continuity with these What If's since the Marvel Zombies one also sounds like it happens during First Avenger :ack:.
Shading - check,

Color - check,

Looks great to me.

Summer 2021 is far though, but then time flies fast, it's crazy
I was definitely expecting Disney to bring their A-Game for the only original Marvel cartoon on Disney+, especially since it's MCU-related :cool:.

Kinda makes me feel bad for the normal cartoons though :sweat:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's going to be such a long wait to see this show.

I wonder if the series would be over after they knock out an episode for all the movies that have done already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
It's going to be such a long wait to see this show.

I wonder if the series would be over after they knock out an episode for all the movies that have done already.

If this isn't a one-and-done, I guess they could just do different What Ifs for the Infinity Saga...the possibilities are endless ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Hopefully, we won't have to wait another decade or so for another 20+ MCU movies and series for this to have a 2nd season.

I am a little surprised they will actually have 23 episodes from the start. It's just an odd number to me, I guess.

Frontier

Staff member
Hopefully, we won't have to wait another decade or so for another 20+ MCU movies and series for this to have a 2nd season.

I am a little surprised they will actually have 23 episodes from the start. It's just an odd number to me, I guess.
Sorry Thanos, not everything can be perfectly balanced with an even number :p.

Frontier

Staff member
What If? does seem like endless potential for stories, even if the source material is limited to just the movies.

I guess the only other limiting factor would be whether they can get the movie stars back. I'm kind of amazed they were able to get as many back for this as they did.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a quick note that discussing the footage is fine, but posting it, sharing a link or mentioning where to find leaked versions of it would be against the rules of this forum. Unless it's released online by an official channel. Leaked stills from the D23 footage would also be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts