"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
At the 6:58 minutes mark in this video, they also mention there's apparently an episode with Tom Holland as Hawkeye.

It's kind of funny how this was posted last year in July when the show was officially announced, though I haven't seen it mentioned here or anywhere else until recently.
I mean...points for doing some surprising stuff but Peter Parker as Hawkeye is random even by What If standards. Did they just spin a wheel of random pairings they could do and just call it a day :confused:?

I'd think a more obvious "What If" would be "What If Peter Parker succeeded Tony Stark as Iron Man," at least if we're talking the MCU interpretation :shrug:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
5/27:
Yeah, so far the What Ifs we know of are starting to feel like character mix and match. Hopefully, this still leads to all of the What If? craziness we know from the comics. Something as random as Peter becoming the new Hawkeye has to lead to something as crazy as Dormammu biting off the Earth's southern hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5/29:

Mo-Cap, ehh? I wonder what capacity they'll be using it it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
A What If...? for each MCU's movie released until now. Well, I have some ideas about them:

+ "Avengers: Endgame": What If Thanos eliminated the other half of the universe? You know, the eliminated ones survived and the survivors were eliminated instead.
+ "Iron Man": What If Yinsen Ho survived instead of Tony Stark?
+ "Avengers: Age of Ultron": What If Scarlet Witch died instead of Pietro?

I know some of these ideas were already explored, but they are still interesting.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
5/29:

Mo-Cap, ehh? I wonder what capacity they'll be using it it.

Considering the animation is CG and they're deliberately trying to match the live-action actors as much as possible...I have to imagine that's the main intention of using motion capture.

Reactions: bigdaddy313