"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
At the 4:00 minutes mark in this video Kevin Feige talks a little about the show. The 1st season will have 10 episodes, the first one being with Peggy Carter. And they're already working on season 2.
With the first season coming out in 2021, this is one of the earliest season renewals ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frontier

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I guess none of the heroes from the Netflix Defenders series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher,etc) will show up either? That's a shame, there were some good what-if stories featuring Daredevil and the Punisher in the comics.

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis

bigdaddy313

Jul 23, 2012
Quebec's Squeeze Animation will be doing work on the show.
Well now we know 5 episodes will be 3D animation. They are the ones that did Assassin’s Creed CG trailer for part 4 spinoff

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Is there an in-house studio anymore? I'm not mad at one of the studios that does game animatics doing animation. I really wanted to see Blur do stuff after the games and Iron Man's Adventure a decade ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Is there an in-house studio anymore? I'm not mad at one of the studios that does game animatics doing animation. I really wanted to see Blur do stuff after the games and Iron Man's Adventure a decade ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well, that question kind of lends itself to the question of whether there's still even a proper animation department for Marvel at this point.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
At this point, this entire subforum is starting to feel irrelevant.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
March 12th:
Yeah, this isn't the Marvel Animation Studios Forum. It covers all Marvel Animation regardless of where it's produced (including for example the French or Japanese co-productions). Besides as pointed above there are still a few shows we know are coming out in the next couple of years, so I think there's still going to be enough content to discuss.

April 15th:
Newsarama reports the show is still in production, with the crew working from home due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Last edited:

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
There's also probably stuff that hasn't been announced that will eventually be in the cards. I'd be REALLY surprised if in the next few years there isn't another Avengers or similar team cartoon.

Reactions: Frontier

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
At the 6:58 minutes mark in this video, they also mention there's apparently an episode with Tom Holland as Hawkeye.

It's kind of funny how this was posted last year in July when the show was officially announced, though I haven't seen it mentioned here or anywhere else until recently.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
You know something funny? I don't know what's in the store for the future of the MCU, but it would be funny if in any future movie, we have the "live-action debut" of one of those "alternative characters". For example, Peggy Carter as Captain Brittain.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The winner is "ScoobyNatural" due to getting 2 votes. "Halloween Night At The Museum" got 1 vote. The next matchup is Billy And Mandy crossovers. We have "Modern Primitives" (with Fred Flintstone) and Grim Adventures Of The KND (with Codename Kids Next Door).

Would you believe I was first exposed to Angelica Hale through here?
Oh look at that. My cable provider wants me to pay even MORE money just so I can watch the new Owl House episode on DisneyNow. Are you kidding me?
The winner is "Let's Meet Sonic", which got 3 votes. "Monster Party" got 1 vote. The next matchup is animated crossovers with live action shows. This time it's between "Halloween Night At The Museum" (Ultimate Spiderman & Jessie) and ScoobyNatural (Supernatural & Scooby Doo).

If schedule listings are to be believed, it appears as though Toonami will be airing reruns of DBS' Universe Survival Saga starting tonight.