"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

the greenman

Power, Space, Reality and Soul.
Thanks.
To be fair, a "What If...?" scenario could also change up the order Thanos gains the Infinity Stones.
That's why I wanted @TnAdct1 to explain what Thanos could do with what Stones he did have. Cause he would still be very dangerous to Thor and Rocket.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Dragnatek

This MCU What If series still feels small for stories sinse its based only on the movies.

The classic comic version of the What if's is way a larger universe for Marvels Earth 616.
Yeah the MCU does limit it to a point but with What if they could go to levels the Movies wouldn't touch. If they wanted to anyway.

the greenman

Yeah the MCU does limit it to a point but with What if they could go to levels the Movies wouldn't touch. If they wanted to anyway.
Yes, it is going to be limited. I'm not sure Feige will allow things to involve the vision of his UNIVERSE he's built. The kids shows I don't believe he's worried about. I mean I haven't seen it, but heard they had Fantastic Four on a Spider-man show.
Its still feels limited as its only based on the MCU as that is very small.
I remember reading those comics back in the day. Very fun. There are more than a few titles I am almost sure are not allowed. For instance:
"What if . . . the Mighty Thor battled Conan?"

Also:
"What If... Spider-Man's Parents Destroyed His Family?"
what if... wolverine led alpha flight?
what if... hulk killed wolverine?
what if... wolverine was an agent of shield?
what if... daredevil killed the kingpin?
What if. . . Dr. Doom had become a hero?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I was admittedly more excited before I realized that it would just be MCU based but there is still a lot of potential here that I hope they have the creativity to explore fully.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

the greenman

Is anyone else hoping for an episode reuniting the entire team? Also, beyond that how about the original lineup of the comic book Avengers of Iron Man, Ant Man, Hulk, Thor and Wasp. Would they get Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer for that?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Maybe they'll appear for a few scenes or a cameo or something, but I doubt they would have an entire episode with the classic Avengers roster from the comics. Would be kind of nice seeing a "What If...?" plot involve the original team placed in the events of the 2012 Avengers movie.

Douglas was mentioned as part of the cast, I don't recall Pfeiffer being confirmed before.

Zorak Masaki

I think "What If Thanos snapped the other half of the universe" would be interesting, since without Tony, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Scott, and Carol, it would be up to Hank, Janet, Spidey, Strange, Panther and the ones who werent snapped in this timeline to save the world (if they were willing to, I could see Peter either being incredibly traumatized and/or giving up being a superhero and maybe having a relationship with MJ earlier).

Frontier

Staff member
I think "What If Thanos snapped the other half of the universe" would be interesting, since without Tony, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Scott, and Carol, it would be up to Hank, Janet, Spidey, Strange, Panther and the ones who werent snapped in this timeline to save the world (if they were willing to, I could see Peter either being incredibly traumatized and/or giving up being a superhero and maybe having a relationship with MJ earlier).
I can't see Spider-Man ever giving up. If anything he'd probably become so driven to try and undo the snap that he'd drop his personal life entirely.

the greenman

I can't see Spider-Man ever giving up. If anything he'd probably become so driven to try and undo the snap that he'd drop his personal life entirely.
I'm not 100% certain what you're suggesting here? I mean have we ever really seen much of the other half of the universe yet? I mean I guess maybe the Eternals or something can open up our understanding of that.
Peter has given up before. In the comics sometimes he simply didn't have his costume or enough money for web fluids. It's not impossible. Then, that's what the idea of the comic is too. Maybe things get so traumatic for Peter, and he never had an Uncle Ben to urge him on.

Roxas_Sora

I'm not 100% certain what you're suggesting here? I mean have we ever really seen much of the other half of the universe yet? I mean I guess maybe the Eternals or something can open up our understanding of that.Peter has given up before. In the comics sometimes he simply didn't have his costume or enough money for web fluids. It's not impossible. Then, that's what the idea of the comic is too. Maybe things get so traumatic for Peter, and he never had an Uncle Ben to urge him on.

I'm not saying Peter wouldn't give up after something like this. But after a time, he would have a classic "get back to reality" slap and try to find a way to undo the snap.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Hopefully, it won't take five years to fix things (especially considering how Hank Pym and Shuri will be there).

Meanwhile, there's one thing I'm curious: would Scott's trip to the macroverse have saved him from the Snap either way?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

youtube Nickelodeon uploaded Young Dylan - Natural Beauty episode

youtube NickRewind streaming currently: iCarly - iGoodbye
Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.

Featured Posts