"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Roxas_Sora

For some reason I'm more comfortable seeing Peggy with a gun than Steve...

That Fury and Hawkeye shot looks new :).

Such puffy cheeks :p.

That's because Steve Rogers tends to be Marvel's "boy scout", where he does the work efficiently, but prefers to avoid lethal force. That's not the case for Peggy Carter, who is a trained super-spy.

powerjake

Makes me wonder how many season this animated series could possibly get?.

The MCU has a very large fanbase.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
This Italian article says the show will come out August 6. Maybe it'll premiere in the US that day too.

It's possible. The date listed for Loki is the same as the US (June 9), so we'll see.

Noticed they're also listing "Marvel Studios Legends What If..." for July 30, which is a pretty nice surprise since I didn't expect the animated series would also get their own making-of documentaries.
(EDIT: My mistake! "Legends" is the recap series, I was thinking of "Assembled", the behind-the-scenes featurettes)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
06/01:
It was mentioned before the show would cover the first 23 MCU movies across 2 seasons (with 10 episodes in its first season). So every movie until Black Widow should get its own "What If...?" story, though I imagine more seasons would be ordered eventually. Maybe won't have to wait for another dozen or so live-action movies to premiere, and they could cover more stories from the comics or make multiple alternate scenarios for the same movie, but we'll see.

EDIT:
More potential spoilers for an Iron Man episode from a LEGO set.

06/04:
More rumors about a Black Widow and Ultron episode. Possible spoilers.

Last edited:

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
It was mentioned before the show would cover the first 23 MCU movies across 2 seasons (with 10 episodes in its first season). So every movie until Black Widow should get its own "What If...?" story, though I imagine more seasons would be ordered eventually.
The one "What If..." situation that I feel needs to be done: What If Thor went to Titan instead of Wakanda? Personally, I felt that going to Wakanda was the bigger mistake Thor made in Infinity War.

the greenman

The one "What If..." situation that I feel needs to be done: What If Thor went to Titan instead of Wakanda? Personally, I felt that going to Wakanda was the bigger mistake Thor made in Infinity War.
Why do you think that. Do you mean he should've just bum-rushed Thanos on his turf? That would also be kinda irresponsible if anything happened to him

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Why do you think that. Do you mean he should've just bum-rushed Thanos on his turf? That would also be kinda irresponsible if anything happened to him

Two reasons for this:
  1. At the point where Thanos is on Titan, he only has four stones on him and doesn't yet have the Time Stone. As such, I feel that it would be a smarter move to stop Thanos before he gets his hands on a stone can rewind time and give him an advantage.
  2. Remember that Thor is being accompanied by Rocket and Groot here. Having them show up in Wakanda could result in a lot weird looks, whereas most of the people on Titan would be familiar with them.

the greenman

Two reasons for this:
  1. At the point where Thanos is on Titan, he only has four stones on him and doesn't yet have the Time Stone. As such, I feel that it would be a smarter move to stop Thanos before he gets his hands on a stone can rewind time and give him an advantage.
  2. Remember that Thor is being accompanied by Rocket and Groot here. Having them show up in Wakanda could result in a lot weird looks, whereas most of the people on Titan would be familiar with them.
Okay, I see your reasoning, but what Stones did Thanos possess at that specific point?

powerjake

The concept leads to endless possibilities.

This MCU What If series still feels small for stories sinse its based only on the movies.

The classic comic version of the What if's is way a larger universe for Marvels Earth 616.

Frontier

Staff member
This MCU What If series still feels small for stories sinse its based only on the movies.

The classic comic version of the What if's is way a larger universe for Marvels Earth 616.
Yeah, but for a general audience I think it makes sense to base it off the movies...

I just hope we get more content from other cartoons not directly inspired by the movies :p.

powerjake

Yeah, but for a general audience I think it makes sense to base it off the movies...

I just hope we get more content from other cartoons not directly inspired by the movies :p.

The MCU movies feel so dwarfed compared to the original marvel comic universe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

youtube Nickelodeon uploaded Young Dylan - Natural Beauty episode

youtube NickRewind streaming currently: iCarly - iGoodbye
Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.

Featured Posts