"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

powerjake

@powerjake
There is that Moon Girl & Devil Dino, M.O.D.O.K, or the pre-school Spidey show coming soon...which aren't just completely detached from the MCU, but also not at all what we'd expect based on any era of Marvel toons

The show M.O.D.O.K is just Robot Chicken with Marvel characters.

What is the rating to the What If series?.

RoryWilliams

I fail to see what's sad about it, What If as a series only works when the general audience knows the context of the events and characters, without it its just a series of random stories, like for example asking the audience"What if Spider-Man never unmasked during Civil War?" doesn't work when most of the viewers watching only know a version of Civil War where Spider-Man never unmasked and revealed his identity, this just makes more sense.
Exactly. What If as a comic series works because the writers can take for granted your average Marvel reader knows things like the Dark Phoenix Saga or all sorts of trivia. Your average viewer's main exposure to Marvel is the movies, so it makes sense for What If to focus on that.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Last edited:
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

City Escape was the best 3-D Sonic level until Sonic Colors. It's so much better than other 3-D Sonic levels (including other levels in the same game).
Blathers' museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives me some Foster's Home vibes
Is it wrong that I think Gwyneth Paltrow is fairly useless? Yeah, she was Pepper. But what good has she done lately besides creating the stupidest headlines imaginable?
Loving the rumor of a BTAS revival. Personally I would far prefer a JLU one, but maybe this could lead to that.

Here is my major suggestion for the BTAS revival:

MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY

Contd...
I am now old enough to drink! I'm 21!

Featured Posts