Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Spider-Man" Episode!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

ShadowBeast

While I also think that Ock being behind the Wild Pack is too obvious and am hoping it's a red herring, I think the chances of it actually being either Dr. Doom or Kingpin are about as good as the chances of it being Skeletor, Megatron or Ming the Merciless.

This is a Spider-Man cartoon. It's gonna be Norman Osborn. It's always Norman Osborn.
Unlike Skeletor and Megatron, Dr. Doom and the Kingpin are actually part of the Marvel universe. So their chances would still be much greater than Skeletor and Megatron.
Kingpin was even a Spider Man villain before becoming a Daredevil villain as well. The Kingpin still has a history with Spider Man as a matter of fact.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
For what it's worth, Kingpin was much more of a mastermind than Norman Osborn and was involved in just about everything that happened in the 90s Spidey cartoon. And on USM, especially in the latter episodes, Ock himself was responsible for most of the stuff happening. So it's not always Norman.

I am pretty sure it'll be Ock again here as well. Doom hasn't appeared in any cartoons since 2014, if I remember correctly and I kind of doubt they'll use him again anytime soon. Kingpin might have a chance, though they might want to stay away from his portrayal on the Netflix Daredevil show. Then again, I know Iron Fist & Luke Cage were still on USM and Avengers even after their Netflix shows, so I guess we'll see. But I'm still skeptical.

spider3

Like the rest of the show, this episode was decent in my opinion. Liked that they used the wild pack but they don't have any sort of backstory (something that bugs me about this show) and only two are named in-episode.
Ock's plot is incredibly predictable: he's gonna steal the brain machine and move his brain to Peter's body so they can do superior spider-man.
I like the fact that the bugle is back in force but knowing the show Eddie won't be an interesting villain.
Max is not very likable due to his actions but then again I never found him to be that interesting.

Frontier

Staff member
For what it's worth, Kingpin was much more of a mastermind than Norman Osborn and was involved in just about everything that happened in the 90s Spidey cartoon. And on USM, especially in the latter episodes, Ock himself was responsible for most of the stuff happening. So it's not always Norman.
When you think about it, most of Spider-Man's major villains are masterminds, whether it be Osborn, Ock, Kingpin or even Jackal and Tombstone :evil:.
Like the rest of the show, this episode was decent in my opinion. Liked that they used the wild pack but they don't have any sort of backstory (something that bugs me about this show) and only two are named in-episode.
Well, we had Sable, Paladin, and Pum all had their names spoken and Battlestar was in the news clipping that Peter was reading on the Wild Pack :).
Ock's plot is incredibly predictable: he's gonna steal the brain machine and move his brain to Peter's body so they can do superior spider-man.
I don't think Ock is going to steal Peter's body so soon, but I think that is the ultimate endgoal here :ack:.
I like the fact that the bugle is back in force but knowing the show Eddie won't be an interesting villain.
I'm just hoping he gets some actual dialogue before he becomes Venom :sweat:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
My biggest problem with the episode, that Ock seems to be obviously planning something, could be negated depending how future episodes play out, so I'm reserving judgement.

And yeah, what was Gwen thinking? Forgiveness is nice, but trust is a whole different story? And c'mon,Doc Ock is a former violent criminal! Of course Max would be reluctant to let him teach at a school, surrounded by kids.

Congeridi

Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two"

The unknown client is either Norman or Doc Ock himself. Pretty sure it's Ock, just because based on his behavior this episode, he's the least likely culprit of the two, which is probably why the series will say it's him.

Loved Paladin making fun of Spidey's costume. But it's not like the rest of the Wildpack's uniforms aren't total eyesores.

Laughed at Spidey saying the 10 bucks was burning a hole in his pocket. Spidey has pockets?

I'm a little bit disgusted with Max Modell. He's rich, right? After all Peter has done for him, he can't give the kid a scholarship? It's like he wants to be able to pick his brain, and wants Peter to pay for the privilege of him doing that. He sucks.

I love Ock admitting he wasn't the best supervillain leader. And he's right. The Wildpack is a well-oiled machine and total professionals. It does not hurt a show to have the villains act competently. The heroes can still win when they do that.

All right but I want to punch Max Modell in the face. ***.
Max Modell is not rich in this show. He is only the founder of Horizon High, he states in an episode that the school gets funding from an outside source. Maybe if Max was the CEO of Horizon Labs in this cartoon aswell he could hand out scholarships left and right. But yeah, Max should have at least helped Peter find another job.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts