Marvel's Spider-Man "Goblin War, Parts 1-4" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Spider-Man" Arc!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
One of the funniest moments is at the beginning where Otto almost relapses thanks to his hammy monologue only for Anna Maria to correct him. That was hilarious.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
When they use the clip of Otto doing that in the promo for the episode, I was a little scared that there was a chance he might revert.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The reason it was so funny is because I could picture Anna Maria being the kind of chick who looks at her man and says "Um, babe? Uh uh."

Frontier

Staff member
How do you know? The show never focuses on ships. They may have been a couple and it never came up to the other characters.
It seemed like they were building up to their friendship going somewhere, especially with Otto blushing at her during this arc.

Maybe it happened off-screen, but that's not any more satisfactory a resolution in my opinion.
Any reason why they don't focus on ships?
It's a modern Marvel animation thing. They generally don't focus on or include romantic relationships at all in their cartoons. It's been a thing since Ultimate.

Which is probably one of the reasons why Mary Jane doesn't have a significant role on this show or has even really been featured.

Roxas_Sora

I think I know what the writers are planning! :D
I bet you Norman Osborn will return next season as Red Goblin since it will be symbiote-related!View attachment 275141

Pretty much, yeah. I suspect, either Norman as Carnage or as the Red Goblin, he will return like this. Funny fact, Spider-Man's animated series always deals with recent stories from the comics.

+ Back in the 90s, we had the Clone Saga with Ben Reilly and Spider-Man wedding.
+ In "Ultimate Spider-Man", we had Iron Spider, Flash Thompson as Agent Venom and Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot.
+ In "Marvel's Spider-Man", we had Horizon High, Spider Island and the despicable "Superior Spider-Man".

So, it has sense they will use Norman Osborn as Carnage and/or his incarnation as the Red Goblin. Maybe we will also have Flash Thompson as Anti-Venom.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts