"Marvel's Spider-Man: Far From Home" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread Part 1 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,843 7
New York City
Oh great, even more spoilerific stuff for us. I wouldn't mind if we get a teaser then a full trailer, but they really need to slow their pace.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Well, one of them is the international trailer, which is usually identical to the American trailer, with maybe one or two slight differences.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Thoughts:

- I wonder how long before this footage or screengrabs from it leak online ;)?

- The fact that they're emphasizing that Spider-Man's famous makes me wonder if they're going to turn it around with this movie or building up to an event that turns Spider-Man into the public menace he's viewed as in the comics :ack:.

- I dunno, I have a hard time seeing Peter leaving his suit behind. From what we've seen of his character so far he seems like the type who would have taken it as a precaution or plan to do Spidey stuff out of the country :shrug:.

- I guess we know why he ends up creating the "stealth suit" and why it looks more handmade. Although there's still the question of who made the new main suit...

- Poor Ganke getting the raw deal of MCU sidekicks :p.

- I'm really curious how they'll spin a Peter and Michelle romance since, even if you spin Michelle as having an interest in Peter from her actions towards him in the movie, I'm not sure if he'd be so quickly attracted to her. Also, should we still keep viewing her as an MJ stand-in :sweat:?

- Aunt May and Happy dating? Why? Just why :(?

- They confirmed the fishbowl :D!!!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,555 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Elemental creatures? Okay... so a consequence of the Decimation, these creatures start coming to Earth or just an elaborate hoax created by Mysterio to help his real agenda. But that explains the rumors of Sandman and Hydroman earlier this year. Doesn't ring any bells from Marvel lore.

I wonder how long before this footage or screengrabs from it leak online ;)?
It was always a longshot to release on Saturday, imo. Because with Homecoming, they only had a clip shown at CCXP on December 2 and the news outlets only had clip descriptions and Sony Brazil released only footage of audience reaction then the next week December 7, they debuted the trailer and international trailer via Jimmy Kimmel's show. I'd say keep an eye on Kimmel this coming week to see if there are new episodes like December 14.

The fact that they're emphasizing that Spider-Man's famous makes me wonder if they're going to turn it around with this movie or building up to an event that turns Spider-Man into the public menace he's viewed as in the comics :ack:.
Tough break for that real life guy that climbs buildings in Europe. :p

I dunno, I have a hard time seeing Peter leaving his suit behind. From what we've seen of his character so far he seems like the type who would have taken it as a precaution or plan to do Spidey stuff out of the country :shrug:.
Makes you wonder if the suit has a function to help it avoid detection from scans at the airport.

I guess we know why he ends up creating the "stealth suit" and why it looks more handmade. Although there's still the question of who made the new main suit...
I can see Fury giving him some black op gear and he improvises the goggle eyes.

Aunt May and Happy dating? Why? Just why :(?
Wha-huh?!

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Elemental creatures? Okay... so a consequence of the Decimation, these creatures start coming to Earth or just an elaborate hoax created by Mysterio to help his real agenda. But that explains the rumors of Sandman and Hydroman earlier this year. Doesn't ring any bells from Marvel lore.
It's Mysterio. It has to be an elaborate hoax that he's fooling everyone with. Mysterio pretending to be a hero through crimes he concocted dates back to his original appearance ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,555 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
It's Mysterio. It has to be an elaborate hoax that he's fooling everyone with. Mysterio pretending to be a hero through crimes he concocted dates back to his original appearance ;).
Hey, that's right! I almost feel sorry for him when Fury finds out the truth. Almost.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,555 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'll actually give him credit if he's able to genuinely pull the wool over Fury's eye(s) :p.
It just seems implausible. Fury who suspected HYDRA infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D., who is always 10 steps ahead of you, doesn't trust anyone -- gets fooled by Mysterio? Some of the info from this panel is 'unexpected'. Granted it could be they are changing Quentin Beck's backstory to be some merc for hire.