Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring on the Bad Guys, Parts 1-4" Talkback (Spoilers)

"Marvel's Spider-Man: Bring on the Bad Guys" - Rate & Discuss the Story-Arc!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I thought that the sjw electro was awful in part 4 but at least I found the jack o lantern in part 3 pretty entertaining.
sjw electro? Is that your way of disapproving of her because she's female and black? Because she did absolutely nothing to hint she had any interest in social justice.

Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring On The Bad Guys, Part 3"

Spider-Man looks creepy shirtless and in shorts. Always.

I thought Prowler was related to Miles.

For the record, Silvermane's guards SUCK. Some mob boss. They all have machine guns pointed at Prowler and don't think to actually fire them when he attacks them.

Speaking of Silvermane, pretty sure electrocuting someone could potentially kill them, Cyborg or not. Spidey is VERY lucky he didn't just become a murderer. He doesn't know "That whole hero thing" as well as he does if he's electrocuting his non-Mutant enemies.

Decent week. ***1/2.

Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring On The Bad Guys, Part 4"

I was wondering how a bunch of kids would feel about Spider-Man ruining all of their science projects, but they at least addressed that at the end.

I like that Jonah is upset that Spidey just guessed who to punch. What if it had been him? So what? Big whoop.

Is Spidey as bad of a person as I think he might be? Did he just drive Electro to the science fair to ruin it so he'd have more time to compete when they rescheduled? Nothing in his behavior seems to bat aside that jerkass theory.

Underwhelming ending to a four-parter. ***.

Frontier

Staff member
Spider-Man looks creepy shirtless and in shorts. Always.
I wasn't quite clear on how Spidey lost the rest of his costume. Did Jack O'Lantern's bombs burn the rest of it off :confused:?
I thought Prowler was related to Miles.
Well, one version of the Prowler is. Just not this one ;).
For the record, Silvermane's guards SUCK. Some mob boss. They all have machine guns pointed at Prowler and don't think to actually fire them when he attacks them.
I did a double-take when Spidey called their weapons tommy guns, because those looked nothing like tommy guns :p.
Speaking of Silvermane, pretty sure electrocuting someone could potentially kill them, Cyborg or not. Spidey is VERY lucky he didn't just become a murderer. He doesn't know "That whole hero thing" as well as he does if he's electrocuting his non-Mutant enemies.
Well, by virtue of being a cyborg in a Superhero cartoon I think Silvermane can probably take more punishment then your average foe.
Is Spidey as bad of a person as I think he might be? Did he just drive Electro to the science fair to ruin it so he'd have more time to compete when they rescheduled? Nothing in his behavior seems to bat aside that jerkass theory.
I don't think Peter intentionally did it, because the first chance he had he tried to get Electro out of the school, plus cancelling the science fair still doesn't resolve the issue of his tuition :sweat:.

Lord Spider

sjw electro? Is that your way of disapproving of her because she's female and black? Because she did absolutely nothing to hint she had any interest in social justice.

I may of over exaggerated a bit but I don't disapprove of her race and gender after all their is a female electro in the comics anyways it's just that I didn't like her costume, her personality, and especially the voice acting as I thought that was very weak.

Loverofcomix

I was never a fan of the trope where a character has to make it to a certain destination on time. I always wonder why Peter doesn't tell the school he is sick that day. Peter wouldn't received that 'F' from Ock in the Black Cat episode had he called in sick. I know it would be dishonest, but that kid suffered enough.

At the end of the 4-parter, I would have told Aunt May I was too sick to go to school.

Frontier

Staff member
I was never a fan of the trope where a character has to make it to a certain destination on time. I always wonder why Peter doesn't tell the school he is sick that day. Peter wouldn't received that 'F' from Ock in the Black Cat episode had he called in sick. I know it would be dishonest, but that kid suffered enough.
I think part of it is that he usually intends to be on-time but he gets distracted fighting villains or doing hero work, and calling in sick probably completely slips his mind :sweat:.
At the end of the 4-parter, I would have told Aunt May I was too sick to go to school.
Well he's definitely too exhausted :eek:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. When I first heard Electro and Yuri Watanabe, I initially thought they were voiced by Kimberly Brooks and Kelly Hu, and not Daisy Lightfoot and Sumalee Montano like in the actual episode. Though each duo has voiced the same character with similar voices (Kimberly and Daisy for Shuri on the Marvel side & Kelly and Sumalee for Katana on the DC side).

2. Well Peter is an altruistic guy who, even with having to lie to maintain a secret identity, still wants to maintain a sense of honesty and integrity, but just stretches himself out too much by overthinking things and is more prone to help others over himself. I guess he's like a martyr in a sense due to endless personal sacrifices, but without the dying.

Frontier

Staff member
1. When I first heard Electro and Yuri Watanabe, I initially thought they were voiced by Kimberly Brooks and Kelly Hu, and not Daisy Lightfoot and Sumalee Montano like in the actual episode. Though each duo has voiced the same character with similar voices (Kimberly and Daisy for Shuri on the Marvel side & Kelly and Sumalee for Katana on the DC side).
Also not the first time Sumalee Montano has voiced a Spider-Man character. She also played Whitney Chang in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts