"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Welcome to the seventh installment of the Marvel's Spider-Man News and Discussion Thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! Keep up to date with any news about Marvel's newest animated series, and use this thread to discuss them in a civilized manner!

smv.jpg
MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MAXIMUM VENOM
Sundays on Disney XD

Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom series description, cast & crew details:
Season three of the web-slinging Emmy® Award-nominated “Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom” is comprised of six one-hour specials and featuring appearances by favorite Marvel characters including Captain Marvel, Groot, Dr. Strange and Star-Lord, the new season follows Spider-Man as he is pushed to his breaking point after Venom summons an earth-shattering threat from its home planet.
The guest voice cast for season three includes Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”) as Head Administrator, Sofia Wylie (Disney+’s “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series”) as Ironheart/Riri Williams, and Disney Channel’s “ZOMBIES 2” stars Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffery as Symbiote Sisters Scream, Scorn and Mania, respectively.
Felicia Day (“The Guild”) joins the “Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom” cast as Mary Jane Watson, who makes her debut appearance in the new season. The series stars Robbie Daymond (“Costume Quest”) as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Ben Pronsky (“Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures”) as Venom, Fred Tatasciore (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) as Max Modell, Nadji Jeter (Disney Channel’s “Jessie”) as Miles Morales, Melanie Minichino (“Blaze and the Monster Machine”) as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl, Laura Bailey (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) as Gwen Stacy/Ghost-Spider, Scott Menville (“The 7D”) as Grady Scraps, Max Mittelman (“Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir”) as Harry Osborn/Hobgoblin, Yuri Lowenthal (“Ben 10: Omniverse”) as Curt Connors and Nancy Linari (“The Addams Family “) as Aunt May.
Produced by Marvel Animation, the series’ award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine (“Marvel’s The Avengers”), Joe Quesada (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Dan Buckley (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Cort Lane (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”), Eric Radomski (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) and Marsha Griffin (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”).

Stay tuned for further developments!
Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads:

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Continuing from the previous thread:

1. Log-line and preview images for this week's episode, "Generations". Preview clip #1 and Preview clip #2 also released.
When Spider-Man discovers a vial of jackal serum at Horizon High, he and Ghost-Spider track down Jackal’s secret lab in an attempt to destroy the villain’s evil plans.

2. Log-line for the season finale, "Maximum Venom", airing on October 25.
When Spider-Man and his allies attempt to track down the missing and dangerous Lizard, they discover that Venom has returned to seek revenge on the earth.
*”Zombies 2″ stars Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffery guest star as Scream, Scorn and Mania, respectively.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

Frontier said:
<<I think MJ suffered from last-minute appearance syndrome and the show struggling to focus on Peter outside Spider-Man stuff>>.

I believe they are just doing the same mistake than "Ultimate Spider-Man", they come up with something good at the very last minute, leaving it almost no time to shine. Just like when MJ became Spider-Woman in "Ultimate Spider-Man".

I expected the Three Sisters (Scorn, Scream and Mania) to debut BEFORE the last episode, but no! So I bet MJ's big role will happen in this last special too. I suspect she will be possessed by a symbiote, just like I suspect the Three Sisters will possess Gwen, Anya and... Someone else.

PD: By the way, in the short about Venom's secret history, we could recognize the character possessed by Venom was a male because of the tome of its breaths. However, on LatAm's version, the breaths turns out to be from a female. A simple error, or maybe they are indirectly revealing us something the english version tried to hide?

Last edited:

Pattern_Maker

I expected the Three Sisters (Scorn, Scream and Mania) to debut BEFORE the last episode, but no! So I bet MJ's big role will happen in this last special too. I suspect she will be possessed by a symbiote, just like I suspect the Three Sisters will possess Gwen, Anya and... Someone else.

That's what I''m hoping to see. The first four symbiotes were bonded to female hosts after being thrown aside by Knull, so Scream, Scorn, and Mania bonding to Mary Jane, Anya, and Gwen would be interesting symbolism.

PD: By the way, in the short about Venom's secret history, we could recognize the character possessed by Venom was a male because of the tome of its breaths. However, on LatAm's version, the breaths turns out to be from a female. A simple error, or maybe they are indirectly revealing us something the english version tried to hide?

I still think people are looking too much into this. The person Venom is chasing is suppose to represent the viewer watching the video.

Frontier

Staff member
I think they've kind of moved past giving everybody Symbiote's. It was there, it happened, and now we're done with it. The Sisters all have distinct VA's so I think they're just going to be sentient Symbiote's who don't need hosts anymore like Venom is now.

Kevin's

I wonder if Gwen has a crush on Peter because from the beginning he was the only one who consoled her about her uncle
And hugged Peter out of affection
Gwen called Peter after Anya during spider island arc but not miles even after knowing that he is spi-d
She always believed in spider-man and gave him tips to improve
Altough she was jealous of him during goblin war arc
She was the one who was more angry on parker when it was revealed that he was spiderman it might be because she believed in him and she also said that she consider parker as a closer friend
And now in generations ending when Peter tels miles that we are a family Gwen literary hugs him with a glow on her face
If there will be a season 4 it's gonna be epic and romantic

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if Gwen has a crush on Peter because from the beginning he was the only one who consoled her about her uncle
And hugged Peter out of affection
Gwen called Peter after Anya during spider island arc but not miles even after knowing that he is spi-d
She always believed in spider-man and gave him tips to improve
Altough she was jealous of him during goblin war arc
She was the one who was more angry on parker when it was revealed that he was spiderman it might be because she believed in him and she also said that she consider parker as a closer friend
And now in generations ending when Peter tels miles that we are a family Gwen literary hugs him with a glow on her face
If there will be a season 4 it's gonna be epic and romantic
I thought they were maybe building up to something with Peter and Gwen in season 1, but that never really went anywhere.

I've kind of given up expecting anything major romance-wise from this show (and Marvel cartoons in general). I'm not even sure if they'll be able to do anything satisfying with Mary Jane given her lack of screentime.

Roxas_Sora

I think they've kind of moved past giving everybody Symbiote's. It was there, it happened, and now we're done with it. The Sisters all have distinct VA's so I think they're just going to be sentient Symbiote's who don't need hosts anymore like Venom is now.

Even if they don't need hosts, that doesn't mean they won't possess them to use them intheir plots. venom will surely want to hurt Spider-man, and what better way to do it than using his friends and family against him?

Frontier

Staff member
Even if they don't need hosts, that doesn't mean they won't possess them to use them intheir plots. venom will surely want to hurt Spider-man, and what better way to do it than using his friends and family against him?
He seems to favor the more direct approach ever since he stopped needing a host.

Roxas_Sora

He seems to favor the more direct approach ever since he stopped needing a host.

Maybe, but even when he didn't need a host anymore, he still wanted to summit Spider-Man to his will. Norman Osborn's plot involved using important people for every member of the Spider-Team against them, and I can certainly see Venom doing the same.

Frontier

Staff member
Maybe, but even when he didn't need a host anymore, he still wanted to summit Spider-Man to his will. Norman Osborn's plot involved using important people for every member of the Spider-Team against them, and I can certainly see Venom doing the same.
Yeah, but in a much more direct way. I don't see them retreading what already happened in the first Symbiote Invasion.

colomb

The history of Venom video mentioned a "fiery beast of ultimate destruction", perhaps it will appear in the finale.

Kevin's

Who was that person in history of venom running who was called as perfect host by venom and told him his history

Frontier

Staff member
Just on a general note, I hope the finale doesn't come down to a giant monster fight. I feel like we've gotten enough of that as is, and it was the same thing USM did :(.
I wish if it was brock
It really just kind of amazes me that a season so focused around Symbiotes would not include Eddie Brock at all, even though he was just introduced in the previous season :sweat:.

thisguyisnotcool

So this show is pretty much done after unless there's a last minute new season announcement. Wonder if Marvel is gonna announce a new show immediately after :p
Just on a general note, I hope the finale doesn't come down to a giant monster fight. I feel like we've gotten enough of that as is, and it was the same thing USM did :(.

It really just kind of amazes me that a season so focused around Symbiotes would not include Eddie Brock at all, even though he was just introduced in the previous season :sweat:.
Even more surprising considering the popularity of his movie

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts