"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattern_Maker

I'm not getting my hopes up, but with Rhino returning and this underground monster tournament, it sounds like we might see the appearance of The Jackal again. People have been saying Norman, but Jackal makes more sense to me with this situation.

Plus I doubt Conner's would be working for Norman again.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not getting my hopes up, but with Rhino returning and this underground monster tournament, it sounds like we might see the appearance of The Jackal again. People have been saying Norman, but Jackal makes more sense to me with this situation.

I'm still not unconvinced that the writers haven't forgotten about The Jackal. They just don't seem to be treating him like an unresolved threat.

As long as the big villain reveal isn't on the level of "Adrian Toomes as the Goblin King," I'll probably be okay with it.

Kevin's

Spoiler free
This is just a fan fiction

I think this episode will be bit similar to pary animals season 1 episode 5
I feel like after Max's hearing max is back to horizon and a homecoming will be held in the school where Peter brings mj to school as his date and miles gives a speach about max then the rhino appears
By Return of rhino Gwen suspects jackel is back so the spider team along with mj starts investing which leads them to a monster league as Peter dint bring his suit he has to fight with them unmasked where I feel he finds Eddie brock
I feel like unmasked refers to spider-man without his suit
But the spider-man's plea from sound tracks makes me confused

Roxas_Sora

The Panel of Marvel Animation should start quite soon. Anyone who gets any information about the upcoming episode of Maximum Venom, please post it.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Marvel's Spider-Man portion of the Comic-Con panel lasts between approximately the 18-20 minutes marks in the video below. It's only an interview with Felicia Day (which I think was posted before).

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Honestly, I expected more than 2 minutes talking about the show. Maybe even post one of the preview clips for the next special a month early. Or at the very least, something with a tiny bit of new footage.

Roxas_Sora

Geez! Couldn't they give us any spoiler?!

I'm sure it'll all come together, but another Rhino episode and an underground monster league feels like a weird detour after the Symbiote invasion.

I guess Head Administatror will start leading into the main plot of the second half...I wonder what the "Unmasked" element in the title is alluding too?

I hope we get to see some cool "monsters" in this league. Maybe the Griffin or Mandrill?

I wouldn't count it as a "detour" yet, pal. I mean, Episode 2 with the whole Groot's message seemed out of place too, until the end revealed the connection with the symbiotes. I'm pretty sure something similar will happen here. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised in the "Monster League" recruits candidates to bond them with symbiotes and create an army. What's more frightening that monsters? Venomized monsters!

Spiderman's secret identity is revealed? At least to this administrator?

I would want to believe maybe Anya and Gwen will discover it, as I believe it's about time. And I have the feeling MAYBE Mary Jane will discover it too, somehow. Pretty much sure a villain will end up discovering too, and there are two candidates for that: The Jackal (for the wholo clone thing) or Norman Osborn (classic).

Norman Osborn will surely debut as the Green Goblin in the last episode, and then bond with Carnage to become the Red Goblin. But even so, I have been suspecting the Jackal could actually appear and take some advantages with Symbiote's DNA to create a mini "Clone Saga". I mean, a Spider-Clone with Symbiote's powers. Doesn't sound familiar? A clue: SPIDER-CIDE!! We could have other clones too, like maybe a female clone named "Teresa Parker". Sounds familiar?

I would personally like in the next episode we will also have the "symbioe sisters": Scream, Scorn and Mania.

Pattern_Maker

I know I've said this before, but it really seems like after Into the Spider-Verse that Marvel just didn't care about the show anymore.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
I pretty much forgot this show existed after it went on a year hiatus midway through season 2, meanwhile the comics were pretty enjoyable at the time, Spidey was just in the biggest movie of that year, the PS4 game was coming out, the baffling but also enjoyable Venom movie was coming out, and Spider-Verse was coming out- all burying it further. That's one thing is the show barely feels like it stands out on its own, the lack of promotion/weird scheduling decisions really hasn't done it any favors in the midst of so much other concurrent Spider-Man content.

The biggest push the show has had was with the merchandise this year for Maximum Venom but again, none of that is really representative of what the show actually is, and the show seems to be playing second fiddle to the merchandising hook of Venomized heroes because the show itself was hardly interested in exploring any of that. What I mean is it feels like the whole Maximum Venom branding push was more important than actually producing this show. That kind of becomes the opposite of what you want these shows to be where the merchandise rules and the shows themselves are an afterthought to service that new wave of merch.

Last edited:

Kevin's

This season is killing me with its suspense
In amazing friends when Parker was in need of miles help to decode groot's language miles said he was going to a date his words covered up that he has nothing to do like that
But his face seemed to be disappointed
If miles was going to a date who Gould that be Gwen, Anya or some other I hope unmasked reveals that

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I pretty much forgot this show existed after it went on a year hiatus midway through season 2, meanwhile the comics were pretty enjoyable at the time, Spidey was just in the biggest movie of that year, the PS4 game was coming out, the baffling but also enjoyable Venom movie was coming out, and Spider-Verse was coming out- all burying it further. That's one thing is the show barely feels like it stands out on its own, the lack of promotion/weird scheduling decisions really hasn't done it any favors in the midst of so much other concurrent Spider-Man content.

The biggest push the show has had was with the merchandise this year for Maximum Venom but again, none of that is really representative of what the show actually is, and the show seems to be playing second fiddle to the merchandising hook of Venomized heroes because the show itself was hardly interested in exploring any of that. What I mean is it feels like the whole Maximum Venom branding push was more important than actually producing this show. That kind of becomes the opposite of what you want these shows to be where the merchandise rules and the shows themselves are an afterthought to service that new wave of merch.
Marvel cartoons have always been very inconsistent with the relevancy of their sub-titles :p.
This season is killing me with its suspense
In amazing friends miles said he was going to a date his words covered up that he has nothing to do like that
But his face seemed to be disappointed
If miles was going to a date who Gould that be Gwen, Anya or some other I hope unmasked reveals that
I mean, it's a Marvel cartoon. I think the best we hope for is that Peter and MJ go anywhere at this rate :sweat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts