"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, the scheduling for this season has been horrendous and it's probably killing any kind of excitement its fans may have.

Still, probably not as bad as having a midseason hiatus that lasts more than a year.
It actually doesn't matter anymore when Disney XD airs it. It's a Marvel Television Show and on its last legs. As long as they air it, it doesn't matter to me when they do. Because the series is definitely not getting renewed. I'm not concerned about bad scheduling harming the future of the show because the show has no future.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be nice if they actually had a panel at this year's Comic-Con to hype the final episodes of the show, but nothing has been announced so far and I kind of doubt it would happen anyway.
I would've been really surprised if we got anything Marvel Animation related at the virtual comic-con...

thisguyisnotcool

Honestly don’t see the purpose of delaying the airing of the show. Hell why not just pull a Legend of Korra and just put the rest of the season online :p

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
They could put it on Disney Now first. I mean, they did that with the season 1 finale of Fancy Nancy, the season 2 premiere of Muppet Babies, and the entirety of The Lion Guard season 3.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

It would be nice if they actually had a panel at this year's Comic-Con to hype the final episodes of the show, but nothing has been announced so far and I kind of doubt it would happen anyway.
I would've been really surprised if we got anything Marvel Animation related at the virtual comic-con...
This is a situation that haven't happened previously, so you can't expect things to work like usually do. We will probably not know all the panels until the previous week of the Comic-Con. I truly wish they will reveal something, after all, Marvel is interested its series will call attention.

Frontier

Staff member
This is a situation that haven't happened previously, so you can't expect things to work like usually do. We will probably not know all the panels until the previous week of the Comic-Con. I truly wish they will reveal something, after all, Marvel is interested its series will call attention.
I mean, it's been a long time since Marvel has invested in a Marvel Animation panel, which just leaves me sceptical that we'll see anything.

Roxas_Sora

I mean, it's been a long time since Marvel has invested in a Marvel Animation panel, which just leaves me sceptical that we'll see anything.

There might not be a Marvel Animation Panel, but they can include information about "Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom" in one of Marvel's panels. I mean, maybe one centered around Spider-Man; or one centered around Venom after all.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I was thinking about something for this show in particular, not a general Marvel Animation panel. I think that's how the show premiered as well, with the first 2 episodes being screened at Comic-Con before airing on TV so it would have been a nice way to end it as well. I realize it's a new situation with the online events this year and there's still plenty of time to announce more panels and stuff, but like I said I kind of doubt they will really put too much effort into advertising this show.

If anything, I imagine they might talk about upcoming shows like the Hulu series (the live-action Helstrom is getting a panel, some animation related news are possible), What If?... or the Disney shows. If or when something is announced a separate thread will be posted, just like in previous years.

As for Spider-Man: Maximum Venom, my guess is the show will resume in either August or September, and they'll keep the one special per month airing schedule.

bigdaddy313

I think very soon this will happen in the states, but it was recently announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior are all shutting down in the UK and Ireland. So dragging the show might help with the remaining time they have left, as everything with new shows and existing goes straight to Disney+.

Frontier

Staff member
I think very soon this will happen in the states, but it was recently announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior are all shutting down in the UK and Ireland. So dragging the show might help with the remaining time they have left, as everything with new shows and existing goes straight to Disney+.
Huh. We may be seeing the end of Disney XD :confused:?

Roxas_Sora

Bad enough was when they removed Disney XD in my country, they better don't dare to do the same with Disney Channel. As times are going to get hard because of the COVID-19, I want to keep one regular channel, please.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
06/29:
Honestly I don't think the US versions of the Disney networks will close down anytime soon. Regardless of what happens though, I also don't think dragging Maximum Venom has something to do with it. If you look through the July premieres, there's a bunch of shows having new episodes on a weekly basis next month. I kind of doubt they would have done that if they wanted to drag out things as long as possible. Just my take on it.

07/07:
Spider-Man: Maximum Venom will be discussed at this year's Comic-Con@Home event.
MARVEL HQ: Thursday, July 23, 4:00 PM PST

This is the destination for all our young Marvel fans (and their families)! Check out everything Marvel HQ has to offer about your favorite Super Heroes, with a comics read-along, an epic Lego battle, and a behind-the-scenes look at our animated series, Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom. And grab some paper and a crayon because we're going to draw that symbiote baddie together in Marvel Draw! Visit Marvel HQ at www.youtube.com/marvelhq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts