"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Preview clip #1 and Preview clip #2 from "Vengeance of Venom".

When symbiotes from space send an advanced hunting party to Earth to take out all of the superheroes, Spider-Man must find a way to stop these villains before they clear the planet for a complete symbiote invasion!
In the midst of a symbiote invasion of New York, Spider-Man must work with a cynical survivalist named Marc Spector (who, due to personal tragedy, has given up his old hero identity as MOON KNIGHT) to find Max Modell and create an "ANTIVENOM" that could save the planet.

Frontier

Staff member
Preview clip #1 and Preview clip #2 from "Vengeance of Venom".

I guess Spider-Man now has smart gloves :p.

Does everyone connected to the Symbiote hive mind now know Peter Parker is Spider-Man :sweat:?

So...Venom really is dead? In a season named after him? And despite the fact that I don't think the Symbiote Peter fought in the first special was the full Symbiote :confused:?

Pattern_Maker

Not disagreeing with the above posts because I've wanted to see origin videos for Miles, Anya, and Gwen too, but doesn't How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation and the College Tour count as them doing something unrelated to Horizon and Spider-Man?

Also, I think Anya and Gwen are going to find out Peter is Spider-Man since Venomized Doctor Strange's symbiote knew who Peter was from Venomized Tony Stark, including information about Aunt May. Nice to see that they're referencing the symbiote having a hivemind of sorts.

And I guess I have to take back about Venom not sacrificing himself for the symbiote invasion. The symbiotes even refer to each other as brothers and sisters.

Frontier

Staff member
Not disagreeing with the above posts because I've wanted to see origin videos for Miles, Anya, and Gwen too, but doesn't How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation and the College Tour count as them doing something unrelated to Horizon and Spider-Man?
I think we could have definitely used more of that kind of content. Or at least more content showing the core four group hanging out together and bonding more instead of just to do Horizon stuff.
Also, I think Anya and Gwen are going to find out Peter is Spider-Man since Venomized Doctor Strange's symbiote knew who Peter was from Venomized Tony Stark, including information about Aunt May. Nice to see that they're referencing the symbiote having a hivemind of sorts.
I guess they might use this as a means of finally getting that out of the way :sweat:.

Pattern_Maker

I'm starting to wonder if Mary Jane will have an actual role to play or if her appearing in Maximum Venom was just a way for the writers to address the fans that have been asking for her since season one and two. I think some highlights from past comiccons always had her brought up when the show was discussed.

If she doesn't actually do anything noteworthy they could have made this show the first to not have her in a major role. Spin-off comics like Marvel Adventures never featured her at all and that Spidey comic from 2016 featured her as a student in the background in one issue (they actually hide her pretty well, but she's a student looking at Peter and Gwen).

Roxas_Sora

I truly believe they are planning something "similar" to "Ultimate Spider-Man". I mean, I learnt to expect the unexpected when Liz Allan became Screwball.

My idea? Mirroring what happened in "Renew Your Vows", the symbiote known as "Mania" could bond with Mary Jane and become the black suit version of "Spinneret". And now that the synopsis has confirmed Anti-Venom's debut, maybe it will bond with Flash Thompson, like in the comics. I don't think it will have the "soldier outfit", so maybe it will look like "Future Foundation Spider-Man". Sounds fitting, right?

Frontier

Staff member
I'm starting to wonder if Mary Jane will have an actual role to play or if her appearing in Maximum Venom was just a way for the writers to address the fans that have been asking for her since season one and two. I think some highlights from past comiccons always had her brought up when the show was discussed.

If she doesn't actually do anything noteworthy they could have made this show the first to not have her in a major role. Spin-off comics like Marvel Adventures never featured her at all and that Spidey comic from 2016 featured her as a student in the background in one issue (they actually hide her pretty well, but she's a student looking at Peter and Gwen).
I'm not sure what's going on with MJ. They advertise her and her appearance like she's going to be a significant and major character, and cast Felicia Day who's kind of a "name" compared to the rest of the cast, only for her debut episode to give her barely five minutes of screentime.

I don't think they would just throw her in there with no plans at all and just call it a day. We technically have half a season to go after the next special so I guess that gives them some chance to do something meaningful with her.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think Gwen's hair is that short in the actual cartoon. Then again, they have her hair done up all the time that we hardly ever see her let it down o_O.

Acting like there was a logical reason they gave her the name "Ghost Spider" instead of it just being a joke Gwen came up with when they thought she had died :p.

Look at the abs on Ghost Spider :D.

Fitting for Peter being the main character that he's the only one we see resist getting infected. Venom still says they'll infect him so I'm wondering if we will see the Black Suit :confused:.

I like that Cap's suit in this is a streamlined classic look and not his post-AoU MCU look :).

Pattern_Maker

I don't think Gwen's hair is that short in the actual cartoon. Then again, they have her hair done up all the time that we hardly ever see her let it down o_O
I thought it was the perspective since it looked like her hair was in a ponytail and the ponytail was just blocked by her head.

Look at the abs on Ghost Spider

That's how Patrick Brown draws her and Anya in his artwork. The only other person to give her abs was Kevin Eastman for his variant cover to Marvel Action Spider-Man.

FTPC

I am sorry but
Cho just does not make a good hulk jr or hulk 2.0 to me
he is too smug

Frontier

Staff member
I am sorry but
Cho just does not make a good hulk jr or hulk 2.0 to me
he is too smug
I'm still trying to figure out why they seemingly introduced him just to make him the Venomized Hulk. Because he would be less dangerous then the main Hulk? Did Marvel tell them to include him :confused:?

EndBringer99

This hasn't been adressed yet.

FTPC

this Spider-man cartoon is missing something called a Flashback or a back story for the avengers' sidekicks While talking to Iron heart Spider-man said something about a mentorship program for all the side but I guess that DXD forgot about and the Spidey fans want to know

wear is Eddie Brock or at least Flash Thompson

Spider-man season 3 is good but it has a lot of gaps its storytelling

Frontier

Staff member
It could happen in the next episode...a fan can dream. :)

I still don't think the writers have forgotten about Brock though. That Space Administration was destroyed by the symbiotes so something obviously happened to him.
You'd think the only character who was shown to be able to willingly bond with and hold an actual symbiotic relationship with a Symbiote would end up being more plot-relevant...

Pattern_Maker

Apparently the VenomSite did an interview with Kevin Burke and Chris Doc Wyatt about Maximum Venom and their planning process for the show. In part 2 of the interview, they confirm that Peter does have a crush on Mary Jane and that she will challenge him in different ways than Miles, Anya, and Gwen have when he first met them.
Part 1

Part 2

Frontier

Staff member
Apparently the VenomSite did an interview with Kevin Burke and Chris Doc Wyatt about Maximum Venom and their planning process for the show. In part 2 of the interview, they confirm that Peter does have a crush on Mary Jane and that she will challenge him in different ways than Miles, Anya, and Gwen have when he first met them.
Part 1

Part 2
Pretty obvious when he starts blushing immediately after meeting her :p.

I'm interested in seeing how MJ "challenge" Peter. At least it implies we'll be getting to see them interact more soon :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts