"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the log-line for the next Special provided by the June 2020 Disney Highlights press release.

Sunday, June 21

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom “Vengeance of Venom”
(9:00-10:00 P.M. EDT)

In the midst of a symbiote attack on New York, Spider-Man must convince Marc Spector, a survivalist who has recently given up his secret hero identity as Moon Knight, to help him defend the city.

*Peter Giles (“The Life & Times of Tim”) guest stars as Moon Knight/Marc Spector; Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph return as Dagger and Cloak, respectively.

TV-Y7 FV
Moon Knight is on this third VA? What is he, Rocket Racoon :p?

Interesting that he's retired. I'm guessing they'll adapt his "craziness" as being based around his survivalist tendencies and not Khonshu :confused:?

Cool that Cloak and Dagger are coming back, likely as full heroes this time :).

Pattern_Maker

So Cho is the main Hulk being Venomized and they used Bruce Banner's Hulk because of recognition. I was expecting Iron Heart to get a Venom File alongside him and Doctor Strange though.

I thought for synergy it would have made sense to have the Web-Warriors grouped together.

So the only heroes left are Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Ghost-Spider, and Captain America unless they decide to do ones for Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger, which they can since Patrick Brown has made artwork of them in the shows style.

Last edited:

bexib89255

So Cho is the main Hulk being Venomized and they used Bruce Banner's Hulk because of recognition. I was expecting Iron Heart to get a Venom File alongside him and Doctor Strange though.

I thought for synergy it would have made sense to have the Web-Warriors grouped together.

So the only heroes left are Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Ghost-Spider, and Captain America unless they decide to do ones for Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger, which they can since Patrick Brown has made artwork of them in the shows style.
Spider-Man already have venomized form. Watch Web of Venom.

Frontier

Staff member
I love how the Dr. Strange one does an Asian-style voice like he's the Ancient One :rolleyes2:.

Strange's design looks much better here then it did on the show :sweat:.

"Symbiote Supreme" makes it sound like he's your leader :p.
I'm not sure if I'm as concerned about Cho being Venomized as I would if it were Banner, but maybe Cho's smarts will make him more dangerous :confused:.
The video also makes it sound like the Venomized Spiders are on the symbiote's side, so Peter might need to fight them :eek:.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

Given the show barely seems to care about civilian characters unless they get superpowers, to the point where they actually acknowledge this version of Peter barely has any non-superpowered friends, I guess they may as well just give MJ a costume and powers :shrug:.
Glad Holt and Joseph are returning.

I believe Cloak and Dagger will be behind the "probably accidental" creation of Anti-Venom here. I mean, in the comics, Anti-Venom was created by Mr Negative's powers, who share the same origin than Cloak and Dagger's. Maybe Dagger's purifying light will turn part of Venom into Anti-Venom.

That's totally a Venom-move just to hurt Peter emotionally. Imagine him making the venomized spiders his top symbiote-soldiers.

It's quite obvious THAT is exactly what is going to happen. We already saw Miles, Gwen and Anya venomized in the promo art. Surely, he will also after Aunt May and probably, Mary Jane. (Aunt May already had spider-powers in Spider-Island). And one of the Symbiote's Sisters (Scream, Mania and Scorn) could bond with MJ and turn her into a spider. (My bets are on Mania).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I had Disney XD on for background noise and stumbled onto the commercial for the next event.

It mostly featured the Avengers (Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel, in particular) getting possessed by symbiotes and attacking Spider-Man and Ironheart. They look a bit different from the promo art, but that's probably because they had their mouths closed. Hulk (I'm assuming Cho) and Toddler Groot also get Venomized, with the latter being locked in a small jar, moving around, growling, and drooling everywhere inside. Towards the end, there's a bit of Moon Knight fighting alongside Peter

Frontier

Staff member
I had Disney XD on for background noise and stumbled onto the commercial for the next event.

It mostly featured the Avengers (Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel, in particular) getting possessed by symbiotes and attacking Spider-Man and Ironheart. They look a bit different from the promo art, but that's probably because they had their mouths closed. Hulk (I'm assuming Cho) and Toddler Groot also get Venomized, with the latter being locked in a small jar, moving around, growling, and drooling everywhere inside. Towards the end, there's a bit of Moon Knight fighting alongside Peter
Does Moon Knight look in-line with his last few animated appearances?

Frontier

Staff member
Wasn't his costume black-and-white in those? Because if so, no. It's mostly a solid white outfit.
So basically classic Moon Knight:

Marc_Spector_39.jpg

Roxas_Sora

So basically classic Moon Knight:

Marc_Spector_39.jpg

I think the recent version of the animated series, with part of it black, had more sense. I mean, Moon Knight doesn't care to be spotted by villains, unlike Batman; but having part of his uniforn in black could be usefull to move through the night.

By the way, now that I thought of it, do you think we MIGHT see a reference to Infinity Warps, where Spider-Man and Moon Knight were merged together into "Arachknight"?

Pattern_Maker

Here's the Vengeance of Venom commercial.

So all of the "Venomized forms" in the show are just black symbiotes and some characters like Doctor Strange might not resemble the artwork by Patrick Brown. I'm beginning to think his designs will only be used in the Venom Files videos.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the Vengeance of Venom commercial.

So all of the "Venomized forms" in the show are just black symbiotes and some characters like Doctor Strange might not resemble the artwork by Patrick Brown. I'm beginning to think his designs will only be used in the Venom Files videos.
There's a shot of Symbiote Cap slipping by the heroes at the beginning, I think. I'm guessing all the heroes get slowly turned over starting from the Avengers, to the interns, to Groot, leaving Spidey alone to fight them all :ack:.

I'm honestly surprised there was no marketing for Symbiote Thor. Should Symbiote Thor even still be able to wield Mjolnir? And aren't the Symbiote's still weak against electricity :confused:?

Moon Knight is fighting a generic Symbiote. A footsoldier, maybe? We still don't know what they're going to do with the main Venom Symbiote :eek:

Pattern_Maker

There's a shot of Symbiote Cap slipping by the heroes at the beginning, I think. I'm guessing all the heroes get slowly turned over starting from the Avengers, to the interns, to Groot, leaving Spidey alone to fight them all :ack:.

I'm honestly surprised there was no marketing for Symbiote Thor. Should Symbiote Thor even still be able to wield Mjolnir? And aren't the Symbiote's still weak against electricity :confused:?

Moon Knight is fighting a generic Symbiote. A footsoldier, maybe? We still don't know what they're going to do with the main Venom Symbiote :eek:

Ironically, in Guardians of the Galaxy Season 2 Thor couldn't wield Mjolnir while being possessed by a symbiote (which I think was exclusive to the show since Jane Foster's Thor was possessed by a symbiote in one of the comics that Maximum Venom is taking inspiration from and she could still wield it). Since Thor isn't harmed by Mjolnir's lightening his symbiote should be immune to it, that's how it works sometimes in the comics. Like say a symbiote bonds to someone like Inferno fire shouldn't bother it while being bonded to him.

That would mean either Miles, Gwen and Anya become venomized after this episode or just Miles gets venomized in this episode.

Frontier

Staff member
Ironically, in Guardians of the Galaxy Season 2 Thor couldn't wield Mjolnir while being possessed by a symbiote (which I think was exclusive to the show since Jane Foster's Thor was possessed by a symbiote in one of the comics that Maximum Venom is taking inspiration from and she could still wield it). Since Thor isn't harmed by Mjolnir's lightening his symbiote should be immune to it, that's how it works sometimes in the comics. Like say a symbiote bonds to someone like Inferno fire shouldn't bother it while being bonded to him.

That would mean either Miles, Gwen and Anya become venomized after this episode or just Miles gets venomized in this episode.
Yeah, I think I remember that Mjolnir bit from Guardians. I guess it's truer to the comics but I would've rather the cartoons kept their own internal continuity consistent :confused:.

Roxas_Sora

No. I imagine the Symbiote trio will probably pop up in the next special now that the invasion has started.

Personally, I hope the invasion won't take more than one or two "specials". The last two specials should focus on unresolved mysteries, like who's Connors' "boss" (quite obvious it must be Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin).

Frontier

Staff member
Personally, I hope the invasion won't take more than one or two "specials". The last two specials should focus on unresolved mysteries, like who's Connors' "boss" (quite obvious it must be Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin).
Well, the whole season is about the Symbiote Invasion so I'd water it'll probably carry on until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts