"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
How is it possible that the smartest characters are always the ones who made the biggests stupidities? Can't they learn from their mistakes?

Probably a lot of scientific know how and not a whole lot of common sense.

Are you talking about Betty Brant? She's been in most Spider-Man cartoons, although she just made a cameo in this one.

All things considered, I'd be really impressed if Betty Cooper showed up on the series.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I don't think anything with the symbiote can get any dumber than separating from Eddie and breaking out of high security just because Spider-Man happened to swing by the building.

Since the symbiote can now be independent from Eddie and Ben Pronsky also voices it, I'm wondering if Eddie will even show up or be relevant.

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think anything with the symbiote can get any dumber than separating from Eddie and breaking out of high security just because Spider-Man happened to swing by the building.

Since the symbiote can now be independent from Eddie and Ben Pronsky also voices it, I'm wondering if Eddie will even show up or be relevant.
The promotional art has Venom with his normal physical body, which I think the Symbiote can only pull off with a host, so we might see Brock come back. Although it could have that form with Flash so it could get a new host for all we know.

With Donny Cates consulting on this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested they need Eddie Brock to be Venom.

Roxas_Sora

Are you talking about Betty Brant? She's been in most Spider-Man cartoons, although she just made a cameo in this one.

(*Facepalm*) Damn it!! You are right, I meant Brant. At least I didn't mistake her with Betty Ross, or Hulk would have smashed me.

But anyway, she was Peter's main love interest for a very short time. Then she was replaced by the more popular Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson and Felicia Hardy.

EDIT 3/30: This quarentine is getting forever. Do you know if, by any chance, we are going to have a preview or promo of "Maximum Venom" this week?

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Some "Maximum Venom" related content that will be posted on Marvel HQ this month.

April 4
Marvel HQ will feature a new Best of Venom installment, “Top 10 Terrifying Venom Moments”

April 13 – April 20
Marvel HQ will air five full-length Venom-centric episodes from Seasons 1-2 of Marvel’s Spider-Man

"Symbiotic Relationship"
When Spider-Man wears Venom into battle, he discovers that there is great danger in this new strength he's been given so he must find a way to defeat the symbiote that wants to destroy him.

"Stark Expo"
Spider-Man partners with Iron Man to stop Ghost from taking over and destroying the Stark Expo.

"Dead Man's Party"
Things get personal when Spider-Man finds himself up against a foe that knows his secret identity – Eddie Brock, who, having merged with the vengeance-filled Venom Symbiote, has set his sights on destroying everything that is Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

"Venom Returns"
Spider-Man is two steps behind as Venom kidnaps people important in Peter Parker's life. Demanding a face-off with Parker, Venom holds his victims at Horizon's Lab.

"Superior"
Superior Spider-Man (currently Doc Ock) must face his most challenging opponent yet when Venom escapes from stasis and attacks Midtown High seeking revenge on Peter Parker. But when the villain senses that Superior is not Peter Parker, he threatens to hurt Anna Maria - a new companion Ock has grown close to - making Superior choose whether to give Peter his body back or lose his only friend.

April 18
Check out another Best of Venom installment, “Top 10 Venomous Quips”

April 20
"How To Talk Like Venom" featuring an in-depth look on how to sound like the villainous Venom actor Ben Pronsky!

Also on April 20, Marvel HQ will premiere the first three episodes of Venom Files featuring some of the biggest heroes in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom. Venom Files spotlights the powers and abilities of Avengers and Spider heroes alike. But it’s these powers and abilities that have attracted the ooze of one very powerful alien symbiote.

Venom Files “Captain Marvel”
She’s a pilot, a hero, and one of the most powerful beings in the universe. She’s Carol Danvers – Captain Marvel! Take this powerhouse, add a little symbiote, and what do you get? One dangerous threat.

Venom Files “Groot”
Groot is a unique and powerful alien lifeform…and a perfect target for the terrifying Venom! No one will expect this groovy little sapling's bark to be just as bad as his bite!

Venom Files “Iron Man”
Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) is known throughout the world for his ingenuity, heroism, and leadership. But unfortunately, it is precisely those qualities that make him the perfect target for an angry alien symbiote!

Frontier

Staff member
Some "Maximum Venom" related content that will be posted on Marvel HQ this month.

April 4
Marvel HQ will feature a new Best of Venom installment, “Top 10 Terrifying Venom Moments”

April 13 – April 20
Marvel HQ will air five full-length Venom-centric episodes from Seasons 1-2 of Marvel’s Spider-Man

"Symbiotic Relationship"
When Spider-Man wears Venom into battle, he discovers that there is great danger in this new strength he's been given so he must find a way to defeat the symbiote that wants to destroy him.

"Stark Expo"
Spider-Man partners with Iron Man to stop Ghost from taking over and destroying the Stark Expo.

"Dead Man's Party"
Things get personal when Spider-Man finds himself up against a foe that knows his secret identity – Eddie Brock, who, having merged with the vengeance-filled Venom Symbiote, has set his sights on destroying everything that is Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

"Venom Returns"
Spider-Man is two steps behind as Venom kidnaps people important in Peter Parker's life. Demanding a face-off with Parker, Venom holds his victims at Horizon's Lab.

"Superior"
Superior Spider-Man (currently Doc Ock) must face his most challenging opponent yet when Venom escapes from stasis and attacks Midtown High seeking revenge on Peter Parker. But when the villain senses that Superior is not Peter Parker, he threatens to hurt Anna Maria - a new companion Ock has grown close to - making Superior choose whether to give Peter his body back or lose his only friend.

April 18
Check out another Best of Venom installment, “Top 10 Venomous Quips”

April 20
"How To Talk Like Venom" featuring an in-depth look on how to sound like the villainous Venom actor Ben Pronsky!

Also on April 20, Marvel HQ will premiere the first three episodes of Venom Files featuring some of the biggest heroes in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom. Venom Files spotlights the powers and abilities of Avengers and Spider heroes alike. But it’s these powers and abilities that have attracted the ooze of one very powerful alien symbiote.

Venom Files “Captain Marvel”
She’s a pilot, a hero, and one of the most powerful beings in the universe. She’s Carol Danvers – Captain Marvel! Take this powerhouse, add a little symbiote, and what do you get? One dangerous threat.

Venom Files “Groot”
Groot is a unique and powerful alien lifeform…and a perfect target for the terrifying Venom! No one will expect this groovy little sapling's bark to be just as bad as his bite!

Venom Files “Iron Man”
Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) is known throughout the world for his ingenuity, heroism, and leadership. But unfortunately, it is precisely those qualities that make him the perfect target for an angry alien symbiote!
Wow, they are really promoting this season hard. Makes me surprised they haven't released a trailer yet :p.

SweetShop209

Maybe it's too spoilery, and they're trying to keep things under wraps. It's either that, or they'll take the Marvel Rising approach and promote each special individually. Recall how almost all of them had trailers just a few days before premiering.

Roxas_Sora

Maybe it's too spoilery, and they're trying to keep things under wraps. It's either that, or they'll take the Marvel Rising approach and promote each special individually. Recall how almost all of them had trailers just a few days before premiering.

Even so, with this quarentine, they could give something juicy to help us pass the time. And I definitely hope they won't take months between specials, because each especial could be like 2 or 3 episodes each month.

There is a little more than a week for the start of Marvel's Spider-Man - Maximum Venom. They better give us a promo, trailer or whatever soon, because I'm sick of waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

There is a little more than a week for the start of Marvel's Spider-Man - Maximum Venom. They better give us a promo, trailer or whatever soon, because I'm sick of waiting.

Well, it's not like the last half of season 2 had the best advertising. The only real trailers were for the start of the second half of the season, and the end of the season.

Roxas_Sora

Finally!!! I was sick of waiting!! I hope this won't be the only trailer.

He's getting his upgrade sooner then I was expecting him to. Makes me wonder if he'll have this suit for the entire season.

I don't think so. In fact, I wouldn't be surprise if this new suit last only the first chapter. I could be wrong however, all depends about what exactly this suit is. In case it is Anti-Venom (which I doubt), it will surely stay, but not necessarily with Peter/Spidey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts