"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Overall I think it's the best thing this show has done, I wish the rest of it could hit those highs. Maybe a rewatch of some of the other episodes would elevate my opinions of them. I did also watch the Regent 2 parter and that was pretty good, too! I like this show when it's Spidey doing stuff on his own, or just working with Miles, it doesn't really feel like it was meant to be a team-show like Ultimate did.
I think one of the show's bigger issues is that the show wasn't designed around having a bunch of other Spider-Heroes but still has to feature them for marketing reasons, so both aspects feel half-baked :(.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
And considering they are all students of science that work in a lab creating peculiar inventions, the current animated series of Spider-Man in Horizon High could be the perfect candidate.
I'm not really sure if Big Hero 6 The Series would crossover with Marvel's Spiderman, or even Marvel animation in general. I know how Phineas and Ferb had the Marvel crossover from 2013, but that's because the show still pulled in great ratings and buzz for Disney, something that neither series has.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm kind of over with Marvel properties crossing over to Disney properties (and let's be honest, that's basically what Big Hero 6 is now).
I still can't believe they had a Halloween episode of Ultimate Spider-Man that crossed over with a random live action Disney Channel sitcom complete with its whole main cast. Just... why?

Reactions: Frontier

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I still can't believe they had a Halloween episode of Ultimate Spider-Man that crossed over with a random live action Disney Channel sitcom complete with its whole main cast. Just... why?
After the Phineas and Ferb special and the Ultimate Spider-Man / Jessie thing I thought that crossovers between the companies would become a regular thing for Disney and Marvel synergy. In reality, those are the only two times that happened. Big Hero 6 isn't going to cross over with Marvel stuff anytime soon. I might think differently if those weren't the only two crossovers ever.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Looks like Anti-Venom and a Carnage, possibly based on his Ultimate design with the fiery yellow eyes, may appear. I'm surprised merchandise is already available for season 3.

Anti-Venom makes sense if you assume Peter's Symbiote suit is Anti-Venom, although there's still the mystery of it's origin in this universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carnage turns up, but I think the better question is if Cletus Kassady will.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Anti-Venom makes sense if you assume Peter's Symbiote suit is Anti-Venom, although there's still the mystery of it's origin in this universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carnage turns up, but I think the better question is if Cletus Kassady will.
Well, I'm not surprised at all. I mean, a whole arc involving symbiotes, it was obvious characters like Anti-venom and Carnage would appear. (I'm also expecting Scream and the others). However, one observation: The red character has a back spider on its chest. I believe that's actually NOT Carnage, but its "son" Toxin. When Eddie Brock wore that symbiote, it had a look like that.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know for some reason I still find it "weird" that Samurai Jack is considered an Adult Swim original despite originally premiering on Cartoon Network. same for Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
I swear to God if I see one more account spreading this unsourced claim around, I'm going to scream.

Josh Cooley is leaving Pixar and is taking on The Malamander at Sony Pictures.
My favorite Tiny Toon Adventures episode is the one where they sing Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round.

David Ayer thinks Batman Assault On Arkham is a good movie.