"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

So, I saw something interesting on the tv tropes forums in regards to the show's themes. I'll screenshot it.

Screenshot_20200726-134140.png

Screenshot_20200726-134155.png

Screenshot_20200726-134214.png

Screenshot_20200726-134227.png

Screenshot_20200726-134527.png

Screenshot_20200726-134608.png

Screenshot_20200726-134621.png

Screenshot_20200726-134632.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200726-134140.png
    Screenshot_20200726-134140.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 86

Pattern_Maker

So, I saw something interesting on the tv tropes forums in regards to the show's themes. I'll screenshot it.

I definitely agree with this post and I would add family and friendship as two more themes of season one with Gwen/Jackal and Harry/Norman.

Kevin's

I belive the man running in the beginning of secret history of venom was neither Osborn nor the jackel sound while he was running did not sound like them

Frontier

Staff member
This can't be good
These don't feel as effective as the Symbiote heroes videos. Plus, it feels weird coming off after the invasion was already foiled. But I guess if you ever wanted to see cute animals get Venomized, it will probably do it for you :sweat:.
I have to wonder if all this backstory is going to end up being relevant to the actual show. I guess it explains the Symbiote Sisters and what their deal is, but are we going to see Knull at all? Is all this backstory going to factor into the show at all rather than be relegated to a youtube video :confused:?

And it still feels weird seeing Venom used in all these videos when the show keeps treating him as dead. Did the creators feel bad for making Ben Pronsky think he'd get more to do this season so they made all these videos using his voice :ack:?

bigdaddy313

That was a very interesting back story.
But doesn’t that contradict the origins of Venom in guardian of d galaxy that this show is cannon with?

Last edited:

Pattern_Maker

Oh yeah, didn't Thanos create the Klyntar :confused:?

Thanos didn't create them. There were some Klyntar that bonded to creatures on another planet. These creatures were animal-like aliens so it was a mutual symbiosis from the looks of things. Then Thanos kidnapped the Klyntar and tortured them into becoming the symbiotes. Four of them escaped from Thanos and those four helped the Guardians try to destroy the symbiotes on Groot's planet.

From the looks of things, a few Klyntar on that asteroid in this history video could have possibly fallen off and landed on a different planet while the Klyntar remaining on the asteroid met that alien woman.

Edit: Near the very end of the video, Venom mentions that he helped spread his kind to multiple planets, so it's possible those Klyntar from Guardians broke from the pack. Probably since the aliens, they bonded to were animal-like those Klyntar in GotG weren't treated like tools until Thanos corrupted them.

Yeah... I understand this entire connected universe is confusing. And I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to the writers be asked more questions on social media about continuity.

But doesn’t that contradict the origins of Venom in guardian of d galaxy that this show is cannon with?

...Not really. If that Secret history of Venom is the origin they are going to use then everything known about Venom from that point could be considered speculation on Peter and the Guardian's part since all they knew about the symbiotes is that Thanos corrupted the ones he captured.

Last edited:

Roxas_Sora

OK, I have to admit, I'm really confused. The new videos seems to indicate events tha will happen in the next 3 specials of "Maximum Venom". But all things considered, I think they are forcing too many things for a very limited time. I mean, I would say they will introduce the Three Sisters, the "Fiery Beast" and maybe even Knull in the next episodes. But if we include things we all expect like Norman Osborn returning as the Green Goblin, possibly the Jackal and some clones, and maybe Mary Jane becoming something "big", we are going to have too much for a very short time. It's going to be like putting more in a closet that it can hold. Well, anyway, there are some things I have to mention around here:

1º) The video with the Venomized animals, I think it's obvious to mention we are going to have another symbiote invasion in the last special. I mean, it's obvious, as this season is about symbiotes. But still, having the same thing about fighting a symbiote's invasion, "Been there, done that" comes to mind.

2º) Knull is really creepy, and it makes me believe he will appear; maybe at the end of the last special. But I believe that would be anticlimatic. I mean, Knull doesn't seem to be interested in consquest or anything at all. He accepts light in the universe, as long as darkness is still dominant. So, I can't find a reason for him to reappear. He simply doesn't seem to have interest on nothing.

3º) Four symbiotes combined into one, doesn't ring you a bell? It's like Hybrid is the combination of Phage, Riot, Lasher and Agony. Makes me wonder, do you think we will see something like that in the end? I mean, maybe the four (or maybe five) symbiotes will combine again to create Hybrid and fight someone. Sounds crazy, but I believe the "Four" symbiotes could actually combine with Spider-Man to become Hybrid, and then fight Knull. What do you think?

4º) So, let me get this straight: The four symbiotes, as "Sisters" were Scream, Scorn, Mania and All-Black? But All-Black was merely a sword, basically! And not only that, from All-Black it came two other symbiotes? One was "a great warrior", which it was Venom. The other one, "A fiery beast of ultimate destruction", I think we can all agree it can only be ONE character: CARNAGE!!! Quite sure it will appear in the last three specials.

5º) I don't know WHO was the character who was running at the beginning of the episode, but certainly it can't be a villain like Norman Osborn or the Jackal, as they would gladly embrace the symbiote's power. I can only think about a host here: Flash Thompson. Why?, well, simply because he's the only relevant character to be bonded with Venom. And Eddie Brock wouldn't run from Venom like that. We will have to wait and see.

Well, what do you think of these theories?

Kevin's

I feel like they wold extend the run time from 44 min to 60 min
And no man has to be there because he saw Peter dumping the stealth suit and stole the stealth suit from his bag which should give him a hint that Peter is spider-man but in season 1 there was no talk about that and I belive no man still retains the spider powers some how and will definitely show up in episode 4 spider-man unmasked if he exists
This gives a kind of justification to the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Jada Pinkett Smith's new animated short "Cops and Robbers" nearly ended up on Nick rather than Netflix Jada Pinkett Smith on Police Brutality and Animated Short ‘Cops and Robbers’ (EXCLUSIVE)
What's up with Mattel's fondness with Scare Glow in new Masters of the Universe merchandise? Maybe because he's a FREAKING SKELETON THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK, which is more toyetic than a guy with just a skull for a face, like Skeletor.
I'm the only one here to have a merman as an avatar.
Vuxovich wrote on Tacomaster's profile.
Do you know the reason why PPGZ never aired in North America, most of Europe, the Middle East and Africa? I still think that the reason why PPGZ never aired in the US was because a dub separate from the Ocean Group one was planned for the American audience, but never materialized.