"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Yeah, that "#singletear" made me think it's the show's last hurrah. Also, you can see the time reach up to 22 minutes, so yeah, these are definitely produced as regular-sized episodes.
I kind of figured as much when the second half of some specials had to keep recapping the first half :p.
I'm willing to bet this will air in fall. I wouldn't be surprised if they burned off the remaining specials in 1 month.
To be honest I keep expecting them to do one special a month to draw out the ending as soon as possible. It's not like they have anything to replace it with.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Kevin Manthei uploaded a few tracks for the current season, including the next episode. Some MILD SPOILERS ahead.
So if I had to speculate based on some of these titles:

Max has a hearing over his use of the Symbiote and whether he should continue at Horizon. Maybe that's where Miles' speech comes in as he defends Max? Or Peter's plea?

We're getting a new version of Swarm. Will he be Symbiote based?

"Wrong Dude" - Peter finding out Connors isn't the mastermind?

"Investigation" into what Connors is really up to or the High Administrator? I wonder if this is how they work MJ into the plot and pair her and Peter up as they investigate something together. Is she going to be a budding reporter in this continuity? She seemed more sporty in her appearance. Or maybe she has a reason to get involved (perhaps involving the Symbiote Sisters?).

Kevin's

Jul 16, 2020
Asia
...There are several things in this that make me dubious of it :confused:.
I even have such a feeling about this
But in the soundtrack there is spider-man's plea not parkers plea so I feel like this might be episode 4 title

Mod Note: Added Spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
We'll probably hear something about the next episode at Comic-Con, unless they do a behind-the-scenes featurette for the episodes already released.

The August Highlights press release should be posted July 27 at the earliest I think, so we'll see then what title and synopsis it provides.

Pattern_Maker

Nov 6, 2019
U.S.
Apparently, on twitter, a lot of fans have been asking the writers and producers questions about the show's continuity, especially with Spider-Man appearing in Guardians and Black Panther's Quest. Harrison Wilcox has said that Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther's Quest were always part of Marvel's Spider-Man's universe, but seasons 1-4 of Assemble are part of Ultimate Spider-Man. Regarding Hawkeye, Dracula, and Whitney Frost, similar events happened in Black Panther's Quests timeline. He hints at Loki undoing Battlworld in Secret Wars and Wolf-Spider hopping dimensions in Vs. The Sinister 6 causing things to screw up the multiverse.

Dan Duncan has said that Mary Jane's appearance in season one was not retconned...

That last one I just have a hard time believing even if it's from an official source.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Apparently, on twitter, a lot of fans have been asking the writers and producers questions about the show's continuity, especially with Spider-Man appearing in Guardians and Black Panther's Quest. Harrison Wilcox has said that Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther's Quest were always part of Marvel's Spider-Man's universe, but seasons 1-4 of Assemble are part of Ultimate Spider-Man. Regarding Hawkeye, Dracula, and Whitney Frost, similar events happened in Black Panther's Quests timeline. He hints at Loki undoing Battlworld in Secret Wars and Wolf-Spider hopping dimensions in Vs. The Sinister 6 causing things to screw up the multiverse.
I think a lot of fan theories posited that the reforging the worlds in Secret Wars rebooted cartoon Spider-Man into the current version and then continuity went along with Guardians, Panther's Quest, and now Marvel's Spider-Man.

I think that just about checks out aside from the fact that MODOK appears for seemingly the first time in this universe in season 2 of Marvel's Spider-Man despite the older Assemble version of MODOK appearing in a Guardians short which timeline-wise would've had to take place before Marvel's Spider-Man.

The only effect I could think Spider-Verse would've had, if any, would be Miles and Spider-Gwen now being on the "main Earth" instead of their own.
Dan Duncan has said that Mary Jane's appearance in season one was not retconned...

That last one I just have a hard time believing even if it's from an official source.
This only works if Peter has just somehow forgotten he apparently knew Mary Jane before meeting her this season. Unless they just reference Venom's attack on the football field which she was there for and just side-step the part about Peter knowing her :confused:.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Well, the spoilers revealed by the soundtrack look really promising; but it makes the wait for the next episode even harder. I just wish Mary Jane will be an important part of the remaining episodes, because, otherwise, they are repeating the same mistake from "Ultimate Spider-Man: Vs the Snister 6". And it's not the fact they made her Spider-Woman (I loved that, but it was a mistake to bond her with Carnage), but the fact they made that happen for the very last episodes, leaving us with no more episodes to see the full potential of Mary Jane's new status quo.

The thing about "Spider-Man Unmasked" sounds fake to me; but on the other hand, we MIGHT actually have something similar to that. I mean, "Underground Monster League"? Sounds actually like something Norman Osborn could do to recruit "monsters" for an army. Monsters that, later, could be enhanced with symbiotes. This could actually be the perfect opportunity for Mania, Scream and Scorn to debut here. And about the "Unmasked" part, I just hope it will be about Gwen and Anya discovering Peter's ID; no one less.

Kevin's

Jul 16, 2020
Asia
I belive Dr Conor's is working for someone but I feel it's not for his hand
Because max was working with the synthetic vertion of venom to prosthetic body parts so it would be easy If Dr Conor's helped mordel
And his laugh in the ending of vengeance of venom was a villain style
But as we saw in season 1 rise of doc occ part 2 he never wanted to become the lizard nor did he want to hurt people or do something bad
But In web of venom he started the technowore which if ate the arc reacter would be a disaster and hurt many people which original Conor's will never has done that

Pattern_Maker

Nov 6, 2019
U.S.
Because max was working with the synthetic vertion of venom to prosthetic body parts so it would be easy If Dr Conor's helped mordel
But as we saw in season 1 rise of doc occ part 2 he never wanted to become the lizard nor did he want to hurt people or do something bad
But In web of venom he started the technowore which if ate the arc reacter would be a disaster and hurt many people which original Conor's will never has done that
Basically all of the villains who are scientists in the show, especially when they worked for Oscorp and Norman, feels like the world owes them something.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'm going to be disappointed if Connors doesn't end up with a Symbiote that turns him into a Venomized Lizard :p.

Kevin's

Jul 16, 2020
Asia
Referring to only this universe
Because venom in ultimate spider-man was a lab creation
Venom told lab experiments upgraded him till an extent that he can live without the host
Technically the other symbiotes need a host because they were not shown experimented and the symbiotes must deal with the hosts emotions but in vengeance of venom the symbiotes were able to completely control their hosts body

How???????????

Guys please share your perceptive

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Referring to only this universe
Because venom in ultimate spider-man was a lab creation
Venom told lab experiments upgraded him till an extent that he can live without the host
Technically the other symbiotes need a host because they were not shown experimented and the symbiotes must deal with the hosts emotions but in vengeance of venom the symbiotes were able to completely control their hosts body

How???????????

Guys please share your perceptive
I'm pretty sure on a general basis Symbiote's can completely control their hosts, at least the Symbiote horde can.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
The Disney August Highlights were posted and they confirm the title and log-line for the next episode, as well as an addition to the cast.

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man “Spider-Man Unmasked”
(9:00-9:50 P.M. EDT)

After Spider-Man’s friend is turned back into the rampaging Rhino by Swarm, Spidey is forced to battle for his life in the Underground Monster League contest.

*Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”) guest stars as Head Administrator.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Disney August Highlights were posted and they confirm the title and log-line for the next episode, as well as an addition to the cast.

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man “Spider-Man Unmasked”
(9:00-9:50 P.M. EDT)

After Spider-Man’s friend is turned back into the rampaging Rhino by Swarm, Spidey is forced to battle for his life in the Underground Monster League contest.

*Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”) guest stars as Head Administrator.
I'm sure it'll all come together, but another Rhino episode and an underground monster league feels like a weird detour after the Symbiote invasion :confused:.

I guess Head Administatror will start leading into the main plot of the second half...I wonder what the "Unmasked" element in the title is alluding too :ack:?

I hope we get to see some cool "monsters" in this league. Maybe the Griffin or Mandrill ;)?

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

SweetShop209 wrote on Yojimbo's profile.

Hello there. The live action Mulan is coming to Disney+ on September 4 for 30 dollars. Would it be possible to reopen the thread to post the news?

I seriously cannot stop watching scenes with General Yunnan. She's just so hilarious yet so deadly.
i honestly don't think the new G4 would succeed because what's the point of making a video game based tv network at a time when anyone can make and upload video game reviews or related content on Youtube or stream on Twitch?
Began to write essay on Toonverse, should be done by tomorrow!
I wish a happy 59th birthday to Lauren Tom. Some of the roles she's known for include Numbuh 3 (Codename Kids Next Door), Susan Long & Counselor Chang (American Dragon Jake Long), Joo Dee (Avatar The Last Airbender), the Double Dare Twins (DC Superhero Girls 2015), Jinx & Gizmo on Teen Titans, and much more .