"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Well, the whole season is about the Symbiote Invasion so I'd water it'll probably carry on until the end.
I wouldn't be so sure. Symbiotes are the main topic of this season, but their invasion is not a topic in ALL episodes. I mean, sure, we had the warning of Star-Lord on the previous episode, but most of it didn't have symbiotes. After the symbiote's invasion, there can be other topic related with them. You know, like in "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors". After the Venomized Asgardian invasion of Loki and Doc Ock, they had to deal with remains of symbiotes several times. One of them was Flash becoming Agent Venom. The same happened after the "Carnage Island" arc, with Mary Jane becoming Spider-Woman. The last two episodes could be about something similar, and I bet one of them would be Norman Osborn as the red Goblin.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I wouldn't be so sure. Symbiotes are the main topic of this season, but their invasion is not a topic in ALL episodes. I mean, sure, we had the warning of Star-Lord on the previous episode, but most of it didn't have symbiotes. After the symbiote's invasion, there can be other topic related with them. You know, like in "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors". After the Venomized Asgardian invasion of Loki and Doc Ock, they had to deal with remains of symbiotes several times. One of them was Flash becoming Agent Venom. The same happened after the "Carnage Island" arc, with Mary Jane becoming Spider-Woman. The last two episodes could be about something similar, and I bet one of them would be Norman Osborn as the red Goblin.
Yeah, but even the build was to get Groot to reveal the Symbiote invasion is coming.

I think wehn you say "Web Warriors" you meant "Vs the Sinister Six?" Personally I would appreciate a season of a Marvel cartoon where the subtitle is consistently relevant. This is a shorter season so hopefully that will be the case.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I think the symbiote invasion plot could last or at least be relevant for the rest of the season. Granted they can also have side-stories like with Technovore or Mordo so far, but I feel like Osborn's possible return would warrant its own arc, rather than be paired with Venom's. We'll see what happens though. After "Vengeance of Venom" premieres, we'll already be half-way through the season.

Reactions: Frontier

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I think the symbiote invasion plot could last or at least be relevant for the rest of the season. Granted they can also have side-stories like with Technovore or Mordo so far, but I feel like Osborn's possible return would warrant its own arc, rather than be paired with Venom's. We'll see what happens though. After "Vengeance of Venom" premieres, we'll already be half-way through the season.
Symbiotes are the main topic of this season, but thei invasion doesn't have to last all the episodes. The next 2 specials can be about the invasion, then we have consequences from them. One of them I think it will happen is Norman with Carnage and becoming the Red Goblin. I'm also thinking about the Jackal returning and using symbiote genes to create some clones. (Spidercide is like Venom merged with Spider-Man).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Well, it seems the main invasion will only last one episode/special, as I was suspecting, leaving the remaining episodes free for other potential stories with symbiotes. I suppose the next special will include Scorn, Scream and Mania. (Maybe Mary Jane will end up with one of those). The Jackal MIGHT return and use symbiote DNA to create stable "Spider-Clones". And the last special will surely involve Norman Osborn with Carnage and becoming the Red Goblin.

Reactions: thisguyisnotcool

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I love how the girls are apparently Venomized off-screen. That just about sums up their treatment on this show :p.

So Cloak and Dagger are at the "united stand" moment that goes wrong...does that mean they're interns now :)?

No Mary Jane, huh? Hopefully she gets more to do during the second half :(.

Ant-Venom Groot? Wasn't expecting that. I guess that's the climax of the special since it seems to free Dr. Strange as well :cool:.

All these Venomized heroes are making me wonder where the real Venom is :confused:?
I noticed Harry get's venomized as well.
That's Harry? I could hardly recognize him :sweat:.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Pattern_Maker

Nov 6, 2019
U.S.
I love how the girls are apparently Venomized off-screen. That just about sums up their treatment on this show :p.
I don't think they'll be Venomzied off-screen. That low quality commercial showed Spider-Man and Moon Knight fighting Venomized citizens outside of Horizon, so they could join the fight their and get Venomized.

All these Venomized heroes are making me wonder where the real Venom is :confused:?
From the personality he developed throughout the show Venom wouldn't be the type to sacrifice himself just to bring his fellow symbiote/klyntar to Earth. In Superior I think he mentioned that he wanted to rebond with Spider-Man so they could be powerful and rule over the world.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Jan 18, 2002
Beacon of Freedom
www.toonzone.net
I'm surprised the Spider team are getting symbiotes this early. We haven't had much Gwen and Anya and this kinda takes them off the table. :p
And it seems Miles' design is a bit different from the promo art. I don't hate tho
I actually think I like this look more than the concept art that was shared, as this makes him look less like Carnage and is more unique. I would also guess this would be easier to consistently animate as well.

Looks like a lot of speculation that Groot is an anti-venom, but I wonder if this could actually be part of the Poison species, as the spores had a very plant like design. Perhaps they could tie that to the "world pod" that serves as the origin for Groot in the animated universe, and the impact his physiology has on a spored symbiote.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'm annoyed that Miles, Gwen and Anya have no lives outside of Horizon and Spider-Man, and have no focus episodes to themselves.
I think that's been a consistent problem for the entire supporting cast in this show. All the Spiders' character development kind of begins and ends with them getting bitten and becoming Superheroes and that's about it. Even stuff like Miles' dad existing or Gwen being related to The Jackal just stopped being relevant.

Even MJ's debut episode basically gets overshadowed by the Superhero side with the Groot, Ironheart, and Amadeus Cho team-up.

Reactions: Awest66

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hey everybody, it's 7/15,World Noivern day! Kra-ka-ka-ka-kee-ree!
Butch Hartman is hinting again that 'Danny Phantom' might come back.
Does anyone find it a bit strange that Misty Lee has co-written 2 Scooby Doo productions (the Abracadabra Doo movie and the Spooky Scarecrow) and yet she's never done any voice acting in Scooby Doo? The former is especially strange since it's about stage magic, and she's also known for being a talented stage magician. On a related note, she should definitely voice Zatanna sometime in the future. It's easy casting.
And the winner is "The Grim Adventures Of The KND" which got 3 votes. "Modern Primitives" got nothing. The next matchup is between "Sky Pirates In The Sky" and "Quack Pack" .

Who is the most yellow-est fella that lives under the sea? Today SpongeBob and his VA Tom Kenny are celebrating Birthday! What a coincidence!
And yes, SpongeBob was born on July 14,1986, exactly 34 years ago!