"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
If Marvel Rising can portray murderer villains in a kid's program (i.e. the female Nuhuman that killed Kevin), then I think they can bring in Kasady somehow. Just extremely toned down. Which is kinda what the 90s show did IIRC.
Marvel Rising is a bit of a cut above the other Marvel cartoons so it's not something I think can be used as a fair reference point.

But yeah, if the 90's cartoon could pull Kasady off, it shouldn't be that hard :p.
You're thinking of Shriek, not Scream. :p
D'oh o_O.
I also wonder if they might bring back Scorpion next season, and have him possessed by a symbiote too. Another thing USM barely touched on, though it was kind of a completely different Scorpion there to begin with.
It would be kind of funny if they had Scorpion get a Symbiote if only because the Venom design on this show resembles Gargan's Venom more then it does classic Venom :p.
It would be nice if this Scorpion's origin and identity was ever explained.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I honestly think they shouldn't have introduced Scorpion so quickly and as such a throwaway villain because now I doubt they're going to ever get into his whole beef with Jonah :(.

I could say the same thing about the Smythes. Wouldn't it be kind of hilarious if they did this show's versions of the Spider-Slayers but the face is Jameson ;)?

Roxas_Sora

You're thinking of Shriek, not Scream. :p

Indeed. However, during the symbiote saga, Shriek was possessed by a copy of Carnage's symbiote. And just like MJ became Spider-Woman because of her infection, maybe Shriek could have evolved into Scream if the series would have gotten one more season.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be a small victory but i wish Maximum Venom could at least get the same quality of outsourcing that Rising does,
I'd love that as well, but I guess if it was feasible for Marvel to do the same outsourcing that they do for Marvel Rising on a consistent basis we'd probably see them do it more and get faster Marvel Rising releases :(.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm really trying to rack my brain around why they're waiting until September to release the rest of season 2.

I mean, there have now been virtually no new episodes for any Marvel cartoon since early June and you would think they would have wanted to bring back their Spider-Man show closer to when an actual Spider-Man movie is released in theaters.

I don't know if there's any kind of production issues that has just slowed down production or what. I doubt they're waiting on Maximum Venom episodes to be finished since that doesn't come in until Spring of next year. They have to be finished with the rest of season 2 by now.

Maybe they're just trying to extend their last ongoing Marvel series to have more time to figure out what to do with what comes next. I don't know.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe they're just trying to extend their last ongoing Marvel series to have more time to figure out what to do with what comes next. I don't know.

That's probably the gist of it. Both Marvel's Spiderman and Marvel Rising (and I guess Big Hero 6 The Series) are the only Marvel cartoons currently running, and Marvel Rising only releases new projects every few months. With very little in the way of currently running content, and the rise of streaming, they're probably just waiting for the shows to finish, but just air them out of obligation .

Roxas_Sora

I'm really trying to rack my brain around why they're waiting until September to release the rest of season 2.

I mean, there have now been virtually no new episodes for any Marvel cartoon since early June and you would think they would have wanted to bring back their Spider-Man show closer to when an actual Spider-Man movie is released in theaters.

I don't know if there's any kind of production issues that has just slowed down production or what. I doubt they're waiting on Maximum Venom episodes to be finished since that doesn't come in until Spring of next year. They have to be finished with the rest of season 2 by now.

Actually, the answer can be as simple as this. Who see thi series?, kids. Where are kids in summer?, on vacations. That means usually going to a camp, on a road-trip, on a journey with his family to somewhere far from their home... etc. Anywhere but home. So, they wait until September because, with "back to class", kids are back in home; so they will be close to a TV to see the new episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel HQ has a clip for the next episode airing in September.

"My Own Worst Enemy"

Now in Peter Parker/Spider-Man’s body, Doc Ock intends to use his new spider-powers to get revenge on anyone who ever wronged him. But he’s shocked to discover that some of Peter Parker’s memories are left over in his new brain, including memories of Uncle Ben’s life lessons. Now understanding the reasons Peter Parker became a hero, Doc Ock vows to continue Spider-Man’s mission, but to become even better… To become the Superior Spider-Man!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Via Newsarama's coverage of the Comic-Con panel, here are a couple of tidbits revealed about the show. There's nothing really new, though.
Moving on to the current Marvel Spider-Man, Keaton plays Norman Osborn. He's enjoying the experience so far even though he's used to playing heroes. "It's a lot of fun to play the other side of the coin." - Keaton
The next arc in the show will be "Superior Spider-Man" from the comics.
Season 2 returns on DisneyXD in September.
But season 3 will be called Spider-Man: Maximum Venom. The Venoms will invade Earth and infect multiple heroes in the Marvel U.

Also shown was artwork of Captain America possessed by a symbiote.
20190719231058_422765.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
Via Newsarama's coverage of the Comic-Con panel, here are a couple of tidbits revealed about the show. There's nothing really new, though.

Also shown was artwork of Captain America possessed by a symbiote.
20190719231058_422765.jpg
Well, I guess it's nice to know the season will have more of a premise then "Venom tries to destroy Spider-Man" :).

So I guess the villainous Symbiotes come to Earth and Venom will lead them, maybe? I'm guessing the infected heroes will also facilitate some team-ups :cool:.

Just...don't expect Venom Cap to look as cool as he does in that promo art :sweat:.

bigdaddy313

What happened to Kevin Shinick, does season 2 so far seem better or worse to you guys?

Frontier

Staff member
What happened to Kevin Shinick, does season 2 so far seem better or worse to you guys?
I'm not sure what happened to Shinick. He may not have had the time to work on a full season again.

I think season 2 has been...kind of uneven. Some solid, some good, some not so strong elements. I'm not sure how I would stack it against season 1.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Overall, I think Season 2 has been stronger than Season 1. However, it's a bit tough to judge, given the year delay between the first part of S2 and the second part. I may also be a bit biased, as I loved the Superior Spider-Man comic arc and have been awaiting the animated adaptation since last summer.

Dudley

Staff member
I was wondering when this show would return. It’s basically become the only reason I haven’t given up Disney XD yet.

Also, I’m shocked this is getting a third season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, it was definitely a surprise given the poor treatment by the network. I'm pretty sure this will be shown in late night hours on Sunday evenings like the Avengers and Guardians beforehand.

Roxas_Sora

I know is going to last only for 5 episodes, but I won't have the stomach to see this trash of an arc. Especially is they are going to repeat the same things from the comics that I hated, like Ock brutally beating Felicia and turning her into a real villain. The sooner they end this up, the better. Luckily, we could have another arc of 5 episodes for the end, involving the Goblin Nation and Norman appearing as the Green Goblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts